Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Good girls and boys having seizures:

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Stop making animated signatures/avatars for people whomever is making 'em.

It's pretty bad when you scroll down a page and the first thing that grabs your attention is a blinding, flashing light.

It's animated torture I tells you.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Seriously. This place is becoming more animated than Munty's sig. (The difference is-- I like Munty's sig)

The upsetting thing is, this has nothing to do with the larger avatars, since there was no increased kb size permitted to support them. However, the admins are going to see it that way, and we may as well wave goodbye to our newly acquired privilege.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle

Whine whine whine :rolleyes2

As you said, this has nothing to do with the larger avatars. And I agree with Jesswee, there aren't an abundance more of animated avatars than before. Even Sheep had an animated avatar before at 60x60, and he only wanted the flashing sig because of the whiners

Although if we do go back to 60x60 (and I don't even care about the size really, just the reaction), I will make sure to make an animated avatar and sig request thread and get as many people to wear them as I can. ;

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm not whining. I'm throwing out an advisory.

No, I think the size and animated avatars are completely irrelevant-- but I'm positive the admins who are against this change will see this as a perfect reason to go back to 60x60. And though you don't care about the size, some of us do.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you can see that it's irrelevant, I'm sure the admins can see it too.

If they're just using it as an excuse to go back to 60x60, then it's quite clear they are simply against it, period, and will find some excuse at some time anyway.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

So just abuse it so we lose them faster? Great job.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Who's abusing? Honey, I've pretty much always used animation. Sheep has often used animation as well. The only difference between before and now are people whining. And yes, I will make use it to make statement against the whiners if I feel like procrastinating enough. ^_^;

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

The difference between then and now is: a few people have animated avatars that are square images instead of sprites, which Jojee or I have made. The rest of the GIFs are sprites, which have always been around, but most of them are smaller. Only a few people are using the avatars that Jojee and I have made, though, I think.

Because of the staff's behavior in this thread, I don't expect 80x80 avatars to stick around. Members should just have as much fun as they can with 80x80 avatars while they can and not worry about the staff or this "trial."

Last edited by Marshall Banana; 12-07-2008 at 07:42 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm not whining, damn it. I'm saying this for the sake of those of us who happen to enjoy having less pixelated, cramped avatars for once. And I'm not just talking about you or Sheep. There are a bunch of new animated avatars since the size limit was raised-- and if you can't see that, you clearly are not paying enough attention.

I honestly don't mind that people have them. I just happen to like having a nice, clear avatar.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Look at what we've come to.

Shhh...calm down, everything is going to be ok, Momiji. :nibbles:

I think that animations are fairly "clear" and add more personality, I enjoy them, but that may also be my supposed ADHD taking interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    Even Sheep had an animated avatar before at 60x60
    Yay you said it for me! I could really care less if it's 80x80 or 60x60. I'm not here to compare avatars - I'm hear to read threads. There are so many flashy things on the internet anyway, I'm frankly used to it, so bigger, smaller, moving, non-moving, MEH.

As far as the admin are concerned, this wasn't a "privilege" for them to take away. It was clearly a trial period. Of course if they don't like it they'll take it away, that's why it's a trial period.

As far as animated goes, There are what, maybe like 7 people with them now as opposed to like 5 before? I'm just saying ANIMATED =/= 80x80. Yeah, they get more annoying at that size but you can give people seizures just as well with 60x60 ones.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There probably isn't that many more animated avatars. It probably has a lot to do with biased sampling from looking in this thread. But you cannot deny that something only slightly annoying becomes much more annoying when it is bigger. To say the size increase has nothing to do with it is foolish.

The decision has not yet been made. Other than this one issue I'd have to say I'm pretty fine with the change right now. There are also plenty of people who's opinions matter just as much as mine and who have not weighed in on it publicly. I only keep posting because I'm bored and I'd also like to repeat as Best Admin.

Thanks for your votes.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

DEL FOR BEST ADMIN!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll only vote for him if he wears my avatar

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr