Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NO! I don't wanna die in this cave!

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    I also hate it when the game freezes up and you gotta buy a new disk. Ouch.
    Or when you can't play it on your PS3, because of the region it's from (I'm looking at you FFVIII).

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Random encounters. I friggin' hate random encounters. Also, not having the ability to save before a boss fight at the end of an insanely long dungeon. (FFIII, I'm looking at you. You too, Zodiark.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    the moment when the main heroine goes off and does something incredibly stupid and forces your party to risk life and limb for someone I probably don't even use in my party. :rolleyes2
    This. Definitely this. Friggin' Rinoa...

Yeah, I'll back up the people who mentioned not knowing which direction to go in a dungeon. I hate the thought that I'm missing treasure like some powerful weapon, but on my first playthrough I have no way of knowing if I'm headed toward the treasure or the boss. Worse is when you accidentally find the boss at the end of one fork and the cave collapses or whatever when you beat him so you don't know what you missed unless you reset it and do the entire dungeon again. So you do reset it and do the entire dungeon again because you have a problem and, seriously dude, you should see a professional about that. Then you explore the other fork only to find a potion or a dead end (I'm not sure which is more insulting).

The good news is I only play with emulators these days. Savestates make me happy. I also don't consider it cheating if you do it to fix flaws in a game so that the game is more fun, nor do I care if I am cheating. So, all is cool.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    Yeah, I'll back up the people who mentioned not knowing which direction to go in a dungeon. I hate the thought that I'm missing treasure like some powerful weapon, but on my first playthrough I have no way of knowing if I'm headed toward the treasure or the boss. Worse is when you accidentally find the boss at the end of one fork and the cave collapses or whatever when you beat him so you don't know what you missed unless you reset it and do the entire dungeon again. So you do reset it and do the entire dungeon again because you have a problem and, seriously dude, you should see a professional about that. Then you explore the other fork only to find a potion or a dead end (I'm not sure which is more insulting).
    Oh, yeah. I've had that happen. It drives me up the walls in all of the games. But the worst is in FFIII, where you CAN'T SAVE!