Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terminator Salvation

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

They owe me after T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    They owe me after T3.
    Werd.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The entire Terminator franchise is so convoluted that I would not be surprised if the writers had no idea what they were doing anymore.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The CG bikebots made me groan for some reason, but it looks pretty tasteful other than that. Hopefully it'll turn out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The entire Terminator franchise is so convoluted that I would not be surprised if the writers had no idea what they were doing anymore.
    I wouldn't say it's convoluted. However, I have never seen the TV series, so I don't want kind of crap they added.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I wouldn't say it's convoluted. However, I have never seen the TV series, so I don't want kind of crap they added.
    Anything that deals with time travel so heavily is, by nature, overly convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Anything that deals with time travel so heavily is, by nature, overly convoluted.
    I tend to disagree in this situation. It might be a tad complicated, but no where near convoluted.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I scoffed at this movie when I first heard about it, but now I'm kind of interested in seeing it (I'm developing a crush on Christian Bale, too).

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Christian Bale enough that even if reviews tell me the movie is terrible I will likely still see it. Thankfully, that trailer gives me hope.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I wonder if this movie can capture the essence of Terminator 2: Judgment Day or if it will feel like another Terminator 3?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm guessing there will be no Arnold butt in this one?
    Figaro Castle

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I'm guessing there will be no Arnold butt in this one?
    I am not sure what will happen. Wikipedia had the following to say on the subject:

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator Salvation - Wikipedia
    Roland Kickinger as the prototype T-800: This will be the first Terminator film in which Arnold Schwarzenegger does not play the Model 101 Terminator, because he is serving as Governor of California.[21] The Austrian-born Kickinger previously portrayed Schwarzenegger in a 2005 biographical film on the A&E Network. When asked about his role, Kickinger said it's "Arnold's character in the first Terminator. That's basically my role, but 20 years before, so it establishes how the Terminator [came] about." He also revealed that there is a "very strong scene in the film where John Connor for the first time meets the Terminator, and he doesn't know if he's a good guy or a bad guy."[22] Polish strongman athlete Mariusz Pudzianowski was also considered for the role.[23] Schwarzenegger visited the set, leading to rumors he was providing his voice and got scanned for a digital double, which would be mapped onto Kickinger's physique. He had granted the Halcyon Company permission to use his likeness in the film.[24] McG would only admit "We're trying to synthesize a human character with a CGI character and that may or may not have something to do with the T-800."[25]
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I didn't find 3 to be sooo bad. I think Sarah's absence was just hard to accept. But in the draft her character was there, she died during the scene at the graveyard anyway. I wonder if people would have been more pissed at her dying there than not being in it at all.

Salvation looks okay. I hope McG can pull it off. I mean, this guy has directed some TV pilots and the Charlie's Angels movies. Trailer looks nice, though!

No Arnold. No Cameron. No Terminator.

This film is simply a cash-in. Despite Christian Bale being in the film I see no other reason why this film will work. The film looks like a Transformers sequel for Christs sake!