Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New trailers for FFXIII and FFvXIII!!!

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Versus' trailer REALLY impressed me. The whole time while I was watching I had the feeling I was watching an utterly epic movie. This game has loads of potential. Hopefully Nomura will use that potential and make a masterpiece out of this one.

FF XIII's trailer, however... I was unimpressed by it. Sorry. It just seemed... generic to me. It's setting isn't exactly my cup of tea, either. So this game will have to try harder to impress me. Oh I have no doubt I'll play it someday, I just don't think that with how the game currently is it will become one of my favorites.

So far, Versus XIII seems the way to go for me.

There was yea and meh stuff in XIII's trailer. The contrast between nature and technology is quite impressive, but the characters scream a little bit too much rambo imo. the summons look cool.

I do like the atmosphere in Versus with the whole italian gangster-ish stuff going on combined with a seemingly believable world.

The general consensus in the FFXIII forums I'm on is that the Versus trailer is considerably better than the FFXIII one. I agree. Of course though, trailers are not accurate reflections on how good a game is going to be...

EDIT: 480p downloads biotches!

New DVD Quality 480p DKS3173 Trailers - FF-XIII.net

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah that Versus trailer really was great and I agree that the XII one just seemed like some cutscenes melded together. VXIII seemed like a movie trailer, I wonder if we'll be able to drive fancy cars in the game like in the trailer.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

OH MY GOD THOSE WERE SO AWESOME O_O

Still nothing compelling shown in the Final Fantasy XIII. It seems the more they show of the game the less I'm interested.

Versus XIII on the other hand looks incredible. When they started quoting Shakespeare it did seem a bit pretentious but other than that the game looks tight at hell. Digging the Yakuza theme.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In the middle of watching the trailer for XIII, I thought I was watching the trailer for Xenosaga episode 4. In the middle of vXII, I thought I was watching a remake of the Godfather except set in Midgard.

Between the two vXIII was more interesting but I'm worried that its heavy movie tone will make it like The Bouncer where it will be all cutscene and no gameplay. XIII looks like it may be an greater offender of this.

Beyond that, the Yakuza feel of vXIII looks interesting but I still want gameplay. I also get the weird feeling that it already looks like it should have been made as a movie rather than a game.

XIII's was just: Prehistoric world, over the top wire-fu, world of tomorrow, another wire-fu cutscene "with motorcycles", mysterious new girl meeting with a military group that remind me of the Nazi's or any other typical fascist regime and a couple more wire-fu battles in case you were not paying attention. :rolleyes2

vXIII's trailer created drama and tone. Its violence even looks artistic scary enough. I'm actually intrigued by its plot; whereas XIII's was just landscapes and combat. If XIII didn't have Final Fantasy in the title I would have sworn it was some other gaming series starting with Xenosaga and ending on Star Ocean IV.

Granted vXIII looks more like Devil May cry without the humor than an FF as well.
    Last edited by Wolf Kanno; 12-18-2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Revelations

One thing worth noting is that the end of the vXIII trailer said "worldwide" which I'm sure is suggesting that it is going to have a simultaneous worldwide release. That's music to my ears considering I live in Europe.

OMFG!!!!! vXIII looks awesome! i have to say xiii looks disappointing, because somewhere in the trailer i saw clone troopers from star wars, but the whole mafia and summon swords of versus looks incredible. I thought Noctis was the heir to the kingdom... why are they attacking their king? Anyways when nomura said this game would feel like a completely diffrent series and no longer the sunshine heros from the FF series he wasn't kiddin. And it looks like SE has updated their graphics as well... the video sequence are a tad bit better than advent children. Oh well reallly looking forward to VERSUS!!

I enjoyed both of them. Liquids came out of me that I didn't know I had. Such was my happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    OH MY GOD THOSE WERE SO AWESOME O_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think they rock my face off. I agree Versus looks movie like. But I did enjoy the other trailer as well.

I think they look incredible. Can anyone confirm how much of it is run by the engine in real time? Would not suprise me if it was the majority of it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

^At the end of both trailers are the in game sections. The rest of it is CGI.

clicky clicky clicky