Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415162030 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XII: Game thread - Game Over, The silent town is silenced for good

Horrible Gelatinous Blob:

I assume posting in this thread by that account was an accident, good sir...
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:41 PM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Donbot:

Whoops. It's fixed now anyway. WHY DIDN'T YOU READ THE PRETTY FLAVOR AK SLAVED OVER?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks for pointing that out Blob
    Now, like I said before, Cubert is in the 'accounts in play' list on the first page, that's why I asked about him.

I did read the flavour, three times infact. Doesn't help that I'm still ridiculously tired and can't remember it

Lrrr:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob View Post
    Oh my. Like I said, I point out an obvious, if small, possibility and I get heat.
    Because what you pointed out, while possible, has no evidence to support.

It's possible I'm a Mega Bomb who upon death kills everyone in play. But there's no evidence to support this.

While possible, your claim had NO evidence and nothing to back up. It's mere speculation along the lines of saying Robot Santa will be shot dead in 3 seconds by a Day Vig. It's possible, but there's no evidence and no reasoning to it, it's nonsensical to believe in it until evidence to validate it exists.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 08:22 PM.

=O

Oh my...
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:42 PM.

##Shoot-Robot Santa

Dammit, Lrrr! You fast-posting smurfer! =(((

Yes, but the point is, I am pointing out obvious possibilities. My obvious possibility is a third killing faction. If I knew that information, why in the hell would I pseudo-diclose it to you?

Robot Santa simply gave us a possiblity and an obvious and likely one, simply so people will understand where we could look through for answers and start some goddamn drama!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Lrrr:

Yes, but the point is, I am pointing out obvious possibilities. My obvious possibility is a third killing faction. If I knew that information, why in the hell would I pseudo-diclose it to you?
    How's it obvious if there's nothing supporting it? It would be obvious that there's a protective role if no one died in the night. It would be obvious there was another killing faction is 2 people died tonight. It's NOT obvious there's a second killing faction when only 1 person has died.

As for disclosing it, it was simply a possibility if you were say something like mafia or a vig, who would know more about what happens in the night then the rest of us.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Leela:

Sorry I forgot I said I'd come back. More finals studying.

You guys bicker... a lot. And wtf survivor?
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Leela:

Lrr, Even silly little role claims like the one you just did is still a role claim. Don't make me clump you into the DD group.

Leela:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Calculon View Post
    I don't like Farnsworth's vote for Nixon.
    ##Vote: Professor Farnsworth
    o.O
    Why vote for Farnsworth? He's been active, Nixon has yet to post!
    Why vote for Nixon? He hasn't even posted yet.

I don't think going after an inactive so early is a good idea. It's only day 1 after all.
    Vote someone who voted but not those who don't show up. Yeah you're right it was the first day. Also on the first day people make joke votes or random votes. Didn't mean you had to hop on Farnsworth.
    I have to say welcome to Mr.Devil, good to see you active. I would say that if you actually posted anything useful instead of chatting with Santa. Not a scummy move, just kinda useless.
    Obviously you're one of those people who is straight to the action. You realize people slip up when they exchange banter right?
    I think it would be a good idea to look at the votes from day 1, and question the people who voted over and over until we create some nice day 2 discussion. That gives us

Blob, Calculon, Fry, Nixon.

I'll ask a simple question to all of you out there. If you had to vote for any of these four people in a tiebreaker, who would you vote for any why?
    I'd vote you Honeybuns You were the one who tossed a senseless vote on a random/joke vote starting a bandwagon.
    myself, I would have to cast a vote for Fry. He quickly followed up on my vote for Farnsworth, which was accompanied with the reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I'll admit that it was a pretty bad reason, but it was a pretty senseless vote after all. Unfortunately in making this vote a bandwagon started ending in the death of the crazy good professor. Fry is in the middle of said bandwagon, right after I made the vote.

This would be my current choice, but it's not final as of now. i would love to read your opinions, they set my circuits full of robotic love
    Egads, you realized what I just pointed out! That doesn't quite matter... you still did it. It's like taking candy from a baby, it cries and you say you're sorry but you still keep it. Sure Fry jumped up to join you but you still gave him a reason too. You can't say he's at fault when you're the root.
    ummm, I try and stir up discussion, so I must be scum.

First I'll adress Mom. She says I voted the professor off. Umm, I had the first vote on him, and the second in the day.

Next I'll address the conclusion that since I find Fry the most suspicious of the voters, I'm giving him the blame of day 1. I'm not. I'm saying that there was about next to no amounts of activity by anybody during day 1, so it is next to impossible to get a definate conclusion based on posts that don't exist. Based on the limited evidence, I find that Fry is the one who has the highest chance of being possible scum, at about 43%.
    Urm... now you're eliminating someone somewhere. How is it that the other voters of the day that were your first basis of scummy are now gone and fry takes up half the blame. Sorry that doesn't sit well either.

Finally I'll say clear the misunderstanding of trying to share the blame. That out of 6 votes total an innocent person died? Here is shifting the blame. All people who did not vote are at fault. If they had been more active, then we may have gotten a scum instead of a townie. Thats also a pretty silly conclusion, which is why I feel it is faulty logic.

The reasoning behind bringing up 4 people including myself is that it would be pretty strange for the mafia to not vote at all, so I am inclined to belive that a mafia member was among those who voted during day 1. So the question is still open, and feel free to drill me with questions, I'm fully charged and can go all day.
    That sounds pretty sound. Wait, isn't it ok to be inactive this time or well at least not vote? If you look in the past games, you'd get in trouble if you didn't vote or weren't active in anyway. We use to be able to look and see who wasn't replaced when they were inactive and claim scum. Now well you can be inactive and be fine.

I digress, activity or not, you can't judge it on this round if it's a scummy trait or not.
    Mom, I would also appreciate it if you look the extra moment to type correctly, as it hurts my eyes to read it otherwise.
    Yeah thanks for being asses. "You can't type it's annoying" Sorry but it wasn't that bad. Not everyone has perfect grammar.

But from what I see you think that I am scummy for "lumping all voters together." I have simply stated that we should look at all 4 people who have voted day 1 as a start for discussion. And what we have now is discussion. I never said anything like we should only kill people from those 4.
    No what you said was out of these people, 1/4 is most likely scum so let's go for them. Let's see that quote, cue the quote now,
    The reasoning behind bringing up 4 people including myself is that it would be pretty strange for the mafia to not vote at all, so I am inclined to belive that a mafia member was among those who voted during day 1.
    So yeah you kinda said we should kill from those four cause there is a scum in it...

##Vote: Calculon

I don't have a lot of time. I'm still busy with finals so I need to get this vote out now when I have a little bit of spare time. If you're not scum, my bad. But what you've said, of the little evidence we have, you seem the scummiest in my eyes.

I need to stop disappearing for hours on end. I swear, Robot Hell needs a better internet connection. And a shopping mall.

So far there's only been arguing and random accusations. Nobody has set off my scum-senses just yet, and as such I'm holding off voting for now.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Donbot:

Votecount

[M] Calculon (2) - [M] Mom, [M] Leela
    [M] Mom (1) - [M] Hypnotoad

57 minutes until Calculon takes the can opener to the head.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Calculon:

[quote='[M] Leela;2609601']

Hi Leela, I'll rearrange everything in your post so it's grouped together, but it's all still there.

?
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Leela View Post
    I have to say welcome to Mr.Devil, good to see you active. I would say that if you actually posted anything useful instead of chatting with Santa. Not a scummy move, just kinda useless.
    Obviously you're one of those people who is straight to the action. You realize people slip up when they exchange banter right
    Yeah, thats a good point. I just tend to skim over banter posts because in my mind they are spam that is ignored.

##Vote: Professor Farnsworth
    o.O
    Why vote for Farnsworth? He's been active, Nixon has yet to post!
    Why vote for Nixon? He hasn't even posted yet.

I don't think going after an inactive so early is a good idea. It's only day 1 after all.
    Vote someone who voted but not those who don't show up. Yeah you're right it was the first day. Also on the first day people make joke votes or random votes. Didn't mean you had to hop on Farnsworth.
    Here you seem to dislike my vote on Fansworth. And it's true, that I didn't have to vote Farnsworth, but I did. I think it's scummy to pile the only two votes onto a person whom never even posted yet in the thread for no reason. I could have just as easially voted for the Blob instead. I found Farnsworth to be acting scummier then anyone else, so I gave him my vote. Well I was wrong on him.

myself, I would have to cast a vote for Fry. He quickly followed up on my vote for Farnsworth, which was accompanied with the reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I'll admit that it was a pretty bad reason, but it was a pretty senseless vote after all. Unfortunately in making this vote a bandwagon started ending in the death of the crazy good professor. Fry is in the middle of said bandwagon, right after I made the vote.

This would be my current choice, but it's not final as of now. i would love to read your opinions, they set my circuits full of robotic love
    Egads, you realized what I just pointed out! That doesn't quite matter... you still did it. It's like taking candy from a baby, it cries and you say you're sorry but you still keep it. Sure Fry jumped up to join you but you still gave him a reason too. You can't say he's at fault when you're the root.

I think it would be a good idea to look at the votes from day 1, and question the people who voted over and over until we create some nice day 2 discussion. That gives us

Blob, Calculon, Fry, Nixon.

I'll ask a simple question to all of you out there. If you had to vote for any of these four people in a tiebreaker, who would you vote for any why?
    I'd vote you Honeybuns You were the one who tossed a senseless vote on a random/joke vote starting a bandwagon.
    So I take it you are convinced that I am responsible for the lynching of Farnsworth. Here is the thing, I didn't like my own reasoning for my own vote. I'm better during the later games when there is more data available, so I'm just saying I find Fry having the highest chances of being scum out of the 4 voters from day 1. I never said the must be scum, lynch him now.
    ummm, I try and stir up discussion, so I must be scum.

First I'll adress Mom. She says I voted the professor off. Umm, I had the first vote on him, and the second in the day.

Next I'll address the conclusion that since I find Fry the most suspicious of the voters, I'm giving him the blame of day 1. I'm not. I'm saying that there was about next to no amounts of activity by anybody during day 1, so it is next to impossible to get a definate conclusion based on posts that don't exist. Based on the limited evidence, I find that Fry is the one who has the highest chance of being possible scum, at about 43%.
    Urm... now you're eliminating someone somewhere. How is it that the other voters of the day that were your first basis of scummy are now gone and fry takes up half the blame. Sorry that doesn't sit well either.
    I focused on Fry, because I don't want to jump around calling 3 people suspicious at once, because I tend to mix facts together. =/ But I'll say my thought on Blob and Nixon, because it seems you require that information to see you are looking at the wrong robot.

Blob: Also voted Nixon, I don't like that. However, his vote was much earlier then Farnsworths, and I am inclined to believe it was a jokevote. I dislike jokevotes, and I'd rate his scum % chance at about 52% I looked over his posts again, and they do irk me quite a bit.

Nixon: I find it really interesting that he voted for the Blob rather then save himself. this action is what makes me think that he is most likely town, but the only way to fully prove it involves killing, so for now I rate him as town. Just be more active.

Quote Originally Posted by Calculon
    Finally I'll say clear the misunderstanding of trying to share the blame. That out of 6 votes total an innocent person died? Here is shifting the blame. All people who did not vote are at fault. If they had been more active, then we may have gotten a scum instead of a townie. Thats also a pretty silly conclusion, which is why I feel it is faulty logic.

The reasoning behind bringing up 4 people including myself is that it would be pretty strange for the mafia to not vote at all, so I am inclined to belive that a mafia member was among those who voted during day 1. So the question is still open, and feel free to drill me with questions, I'm fully charged and can go all day.
    That sounds pretty sound. Wait, isn't it ok to be inactive this time or well at least not vote? If you look in the past games, you'd get in trouble if you didn't vote or weren't active in anyway. We use to be able to look and see who wasn't replaced when they were inactive and claim scum. Now well you can be inactive and be fine.

I digress, activity or not, you can't judge it on this round if it's a scummy trait or not.
    Really? I must have missed that. I don't see anything about that in the thread.
    Mom, I would also appreciate it if you look the extra moment to type correctly, as it hurts my eyes to read it otherwise.
    Yeah thanks for being asses. "You can't type it's annoying" Sorry but it wasn't that bad. Not everyone has perfect grammar.
    No, all I ask is that you take an extra minute to go over what you type for spelling errors and such. It's respectful to the other players.

But from what I see you think that I am scummy for "lumping all voters together." I have simply stated that we should look at all 4 people who have voted day 1 as a start for discussion. And what we have now is discussion. I never said anything like we should only kill people from those 4.
    No what you said was out of these people, 1/4 is most likely scum so let's go for them. Let's see that quote, cue the quote now,
    The reasoning behind bringing up 4 people including myself is that it would be pretty strange for the mafia to not vote at all, so I am inclined to belive that a mafia member was among those who voted during day 1.
    So yeah you kinda said we should kill from those four cause there is a scum in it...

##Vote: Calculon

I don't have a lot of time. I'm still busy with finals so I need to get this vote out now when I have a little bit of spare time. If you're not scum, my bad. But what you've said, of the little evidence we have, you seem the scummiest in my eyes.
    I said I think one of them is probably scum, but we should remember to never count out everybody else.

Over the night I was thinking of this thread, so I'll say now that I think the Blob is pretty suspicious. if i'm wrong again, then playing mafia during finals week was a really bad idea, but I'll try anyway.
    ##Vote: Horrible Gelatanous Blob

Killing me is a very bad idea, because I am the Doctor. Since it came to me in orange, I believe there are no town sided killing roles, and you better hope there is another doctor to save you if I die. I don't think Mom is scum, so I don't want to vote for her.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 04:33 PM.

I can't let the apple lovin' fool go down.

##vote: [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob

I leave it up to fate now.