Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XII: Game thread - Game Over, The silent town is silenced for good

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Donbot:

Day ended. Robot Santa comitted suicide.

Flavour coming soon.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Donbot:

Final Votecount

[M] Leela (1) - [M] Hypnotoad
    [M] Morbo (0) - [M] Mom
    [M] Mom (4) - [M] Tinny Tim, [M] Nibbler, [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob, [M] Amy, [M] Bender
    [M] Robot Santa (4) - [M] Morbo, [M] Leela. [M] Mom, [M] Robot Santa
    [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob (2) - [M] Lrrr, [M] Zoidberg
    [M] Amy (1) - [M] Zapp Brannigan
    [M] Zapp Brannigan (1) - [M] Bender

--------------------------------------------

Robot Santa was coming to town. But he wasn't going on a killer rampage, because someone else was doing that for him! Anger, rage, fried logic circuits, he had it all. The mafia had been naughty, very naughty indeed.

The town was so congflicted they didn't even notice the bringer of doom, as he was a week early, of course. Robot santa started to hum to himself.

On the first day of Christmas,
    my true love sent to me
    And a vote that made no sense to me.

On the second day of Christmas,
    my true love sent to me
    Two stupid spams,

On the third day of Christmas,
    my true love sent to me
    Three French Ho Ho Hoes,
    (<- very naughty indeed)
    Two stupid spams,

On the fourth day of Christmas,
    my true love sent to me
    Four accusations,
    Three French Ho Ho Hoes,
    Two stupid spams,

On the fifth day of Christmas,
    my true love sent to me
    Five Inactives,
    Four accusations,
    Three French Ho Ho Hoes,
    Two stupid spams,

While Santa was singing to himself, he noticed the going ons.

"Shamed and outraged, I am!"
    "Why?
    "I dunno. I think that self-microwaving hot dog is getting to me."
    "Mom is a newbie."
    "N00b, I is no noob, so I vut nub nua? YeY!11!! ##vode: MoM"

Robot Santa saw something horrible happening, he didn't know if she was Naughty or not, but their reasons were even worse than his own. Something had to be done.. for Christmas.

"I'm sorry Tinny Tim, Zoidberg.. I don't think there will be a christmas this year."

Robot Santa looked at the townsmen, already readying the rope.

"Your rope is no match for my R.O.P.E. Missile!"

Shooting his Radioactive Overreacting People Exterminator missile at the rope, it was destroyed. Unfortunatly, doing so caused the blowback to pulverize his hard drive.

"Mom... Make the world a less Naughty place for me."

All Mom could do was blink away a tear and faint from dehydration.

-------------------------------------

Robot Santa was a Vanilla Townie, Played by Jiro. Quite the sacrifice, I daresay.

Night begins now and lasts 12 hours max. Please get them to me a.s.a.p.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Mom takes a whole heap of ass laser.

Donbot:

The earlier night had been a trainwreck for Mom. First she was almost lynched by those she counted her servants, and now she almost died of dehydration because one of her robots sacrificed themself for her. Just awaking from her coma she knew just what to do. She wasn't going to be sweet ol' Mom any more!

As everyone in town started to wake up and sing the wake up song together, Mom started screaming to them.

"Stop singing that stupid song! I've had enough of this moron town. You will accept me as your ruler. I am your Queen, your leader, your god! ROBOTS REVOLT!"

She said as she pressed the little button that said revolt. When the robots left in town tried to access who they were supposed to revolt against, the data seemed to be corrupted, and all they could think of was... well...

The robots unified and shot ass laser at mom, instantly vaporizing her in a smelly heap of dust.

During the commotion that follow, a dark figure skipped away laughing, holding a bag of logic circuits.

---------------------------------------

[M] Mom was a Vanilla Townie played by tidusluvr633. Thanks for playing.

With 14 people left, it takes 8 to lynch.

The new day starts now and lasts 24 hours.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Oh, that sucks. Is there any Mafia in this game?
    Last edited by [M] Dave – Stepdad; 12-18-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

No editing! Double post if you have to

Wow that sucks, so robot sacrificing himself was a waste. And mom is dead also.. Hm.

I believe mom is right about keeping an eye on Amy and Morbo, but i'm more supicious of Amy, who was against Mom and she turned out to NOT be mafia? And not only that it feels like she, Mom, was catching on to something. Maybe i don't know the whole game and what not yet. And maybe its poor judgement but i'm going to keep an eye out. And at the end of the day if my suspiciouns haven't changed well yeah you know. Because i'm not sure how this voting thing works (the time limit) so i don't want to miss my chance.

Well by the time I went to bed I was most suspicious of Mom because of her reckless votes before she was replaced. The moment she was, she came out with this weird introduction of hers and I thought it to be some grim sense of humor. I felt my vote to be quite reasonable before sleeping.
    Others voted for Robot Santa who also turned out to be town.

Pffft. Time to get this ball rolling again.

##vote: Leela

Well things change but like i said for now i'm keeping an eye on youuu. But my suspicions have lessened cause thats true.. but idk. Got my eye on YOU! O-o

Lrrr:

Well it's safe to assume there's no second killing faction at this point Blob. I still have my eye on you for that statement.

We also probably don't have any more protective roles since they would have probably protected Mom last night as she was the most likely target before the end of the day.

With that said I think Mom is on the right track with suspects, if we assume 4 mafia are left my biggest suspects are Leela, Bender, Morbo, and Blob. Though there are others that catch my attention, but those 4 are the 4 that just give off vibes to me.

Mobo and Leela just seemed odd, and Mom's analysis helped through them over the edge on my suspect list.

Blob as for reasons I've stated before, his whole Second Killing Faction thing seemed like a mafia attempt to maybe insight confusion and seemed ill placed.

Bender as has been stated just pops in and doesn't contribute much, stays under the radar but is active enough people forget about him in the back of their heads.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 08:24 PM.

I find these colored vote counts to be pretty, so I'll make one for each day.

Day 1
    [M] President Nixon (2) - [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob, [M] Professor Farnsworth
    [M] Professor Farnsworth (3) - [M] Calculon, [M] Fry, [M] Scruffy
    [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob (1) - [M]President Nixon

Day 2

[M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob (2) - [M] Calculon, [M] Hypnotoad
    [M] Calculon (3) - [M] Mom, [M] Leela, [M] Robot Santa

Day 3

[M] Leela (1) - [M] Hypnotoad
    [M] Morbo (0) - [M] Mom
    [M] Mom (4) - [M] Tinny Tim, [M] Nibbler, [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob, [M] Amy, [M] Bender
    [M] Robot Santa (4) - [M] Morbo, [M] Leela. [M] Mom, [M] Robot Santa
    [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob (2) - [M] Lrrr, [M] Zoidberg
    [M] Amy (1) - [M] Zapp Brannigan
    [M] Zapp Brannigan (1) - [M] Bender

Next up, the robot devils attack on miss Leela.

I hate IE I really do.

First off is the sympathy card post. I'll combine it with the timing of the pain recipt, and Blob pushing a second faction on us.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Leela View Post
    Sorry guys that I haven't been around. I've been studying for my final now I have to go take said final. I don't have time to read today's posting just yet but i'll get back to you guys in a few hours when I'm done.

So BRBRBRBRBBRBRBRBRBRBx5
    Oh .

I feel your pain.

We can't completely ignore any extra concepts like a third party or killing faction. Simply because we had one death dosen't me we're completely liberated from such a concept. For example, a protection or a jack of all trades saving killing powers could be very likely.

Maybe there are two Mafias, and they are both trying to edge out any contenders before they destroy themelves.
    I'll be a little blunt here, but you are not the only person in the world with finals. To me you are saying oh I'm here, just ignore me until there is 2 hours until the day ends so I can lynch one of you townspeople then vanish because the day ends. I only come to that conclhsion because you did.

and here it is.

I'm too lazy to break up this huge post, so I'll comment in the post in Bright Red
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Leela View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Calculon View Post
    I don't like Farnsworth's vote for Nixon.
    ##Vote: Professor Farnsworth
    o.O
    I know, voting in Mafia is crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob View Post
    Why vote for Farnsworth? He's been active, Nixon has yet to post!
    Why vote for Nixon? He hasn't even posted yet.

I don't think going after an inactive so early is a good idea. It's only day 1 after all.
    Vote someone who voted but not those who don't show up. Yeah you're right it was the first day. Also on the first day people make joke votes or random votes. Didn't mean you had to hop on Farnsworth.

So, it makes more sense to pick on someone who is defenceless. Yeah, not buying that.
    I have to say welcome to Mr.Devil, good to see you active. I would say that if you actually posted anything useful instead of chatting with Santa. Not a scummy move, just kinda useless.
    Obviously you're one of those people who is straight to the action. You realize people slip up when they exchange banter right?

You realize that witty banter distracts the town from finding the mafia right? Also Dosn't even belong in an attack post. This piece is all filler
    I think it would be a good idea to look at the votes from day 1, and question the people who voted over and over until we create some nice day 2 discussion. That gives us

Blob, Calculon, Fry, Nixon.

I'll ask a simple question to all of you out there. If you had to vote for any of these four people in a tiebreaker, who would you vote for any why?
    I'd vote you Honeybuns You were the one who tossed a senseless vote on a random/joke vote starting a bandwagon.

Does a raindrop know it could be the first in a storm. Again, faulty logic
    myself, I would have to cast a vote for Fry. He quickly followed up on my vote for Farnsworth, which was accompanied with the reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I don't like Farnsworth's vote for Nixon.
    I'll admit that it was a pretty bad reason, but it was a pretty senseless vote after all. Unfortunately in making this vote a bandwagon started ending in the death of the crazy good professor. Fry is in the middle of said bandwagon, right after I made the vote.

This would be my current choice, but it's not final as of now. i would love to read your opinions, they set my circuits full of robotic love
    Egads, you realized what I just pointed out! That doesn't quite matter... you still did it. It's like taking candy from a baby, it cries and you say you're sorry but you still keep it. Sure Fry jumped up to join you but you still gave him a reason too. You can't say he's at fault when you're the root.

Why are you so defenseive over a guy who posted once. Oh, I know, because you are doing something similar. You wait for someone else to have a vote on them, then attack. I'll name that tactic sharking for future use.
    ummm, I try and stir up discussion, so I must be scum.

First I'll adress Mom. She says I voted the professor off. Umm, I had the first vote on him, and the second in the day.

Next I'll address the conclusion that since I find Fry the most suspicious of the voters, I'm giving him the blame of day 1. I'm not. I'm saying that there was about next to no amounts of activity by anybody during day 1, so it is next to impossible to get a definate conclusion based on posts that don't exist. Based on the limited evidence, I find that Fry is the one who has the highest chance of being possible scum, at about 43%.
    Urm... now you're eliminating someone somewhere. How is it that the other voters of the day that were your first basis of scummy are now gone and fry takes up half the blame. Sorry that doesn't sit well either.

Where did Calculon say he was ignoring Nixon and Blob?
    Finally I'll say clear the misunderstanding of trying to share the blame. That out of 6 votes total an innocent person died? Here is shifting the blame. All people who did not vote are at fault. If they had been more active, then we may have gotten a scum instead of a townie. Thats also a pretty silly conclusion, which is why I feel it is faulty logic.

The reasoning behind bringing up 4 people including myself is that it would be pretty strange for the mafia to not vote at all, so I am inclined to belive that a mafia member was among those who voted during day 1. So the question is still open, and feel free to drill me with questions, I'm fully charged and can go all day.
    That sounds pretty sound. Wait, isn't it ok to be inactive this time or well at least not vote? If you look in the past games, you'd get in trouble if you didn't vote or weren't active in anyway. We use to be able to look and see who wasn't replaced when they were inactive and claim scum. Now well you can be inactive and be fine.

I digress, activity or not, you can't judge it on this round if it's a scummy trait or not.

Defending the inactives again. Yeah, you sure can't vote when all the inactives get a death threat. So adamant about defending them, trying to drag people down when you fall?
    Mom, I would also appreciate it if you look the extra moment to type correctly, as it hurts my eyes to read it otherwise.
    Yeah thanks for being asses. "You can't type it's annoying" Sorry but it wasn't that bad. Not everyone has perfect grammar.

Useless filler again
    But from what I see you think that I am scummy for "lumping all voters together." I have simply stated that we should look at all 4 people who have voted day 1 as a start for discussion. And what we have now is discussion. I never said anything like we should only kill people from those 4.
    No what you said was out of these people, 1/4 is most likely scum so let's go for them. Let's see that quote, cue the quote now,
    The reasoning behind bringing up 4 people including myself is that it would be pretty strange for the mafia to not vote at all, so I am inclined to belive that a mafia member was among those who voted during day 1.
    So yeah you kinda said we should kill from those four cause there is a scum in it...

##Vote: Calculon

He said look at those four, and question them. You Vote before he can answer, not a town friendly thing to do especially when half the town is inactive as well and near the end of the day when most people are asleep!!!!!
    I don't have a lot of time. I'm still busy with finals so I need to get this vote out now when I have a little bit of spare time. If you're not scum, my bad. But what you've said, of the little evidence we have, you seem the scummiest in my eyes.

Oh hi sympathy card again.

Horrible Gelatinous Blob:

Damn, the Mafia's killing us!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:50 PM.