Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1222262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XII: Game thread - Game Over, The silent town is silenced for good

Lrrr:

See Zoidberg you can contribute!

I do think your idea of Robot Devil being on the right track could be correct.

Some of the people he mentioned towards the end were Morbo, Amy, and Bender. Especially Amy. Who still hasn't popped in yet. Amy where are you my love?

Blob as has been said does seem very suspicious, though his first post bothers me more then just it seeming rushed. It bugs me because all through out the game he constantly asserts himself as town this, town that. It's as if he's trying to get us to think he's town subtly. He's been doing ALL game too.

Alright guys, looks like we are in the Slammer right now. I think we need to get together and smurfing get Mafia.
    andwe (the town) gets are asses served to us.
    Damn, the Mafia's killing us!
    Man, the scum's killing us!
    And just for fun I found this while quote mongering...

Think about it, every game there's some sort of barely active mafian who stays under the radar, rides logic coattails, andwe (the town) gets are asses served to us.
    My logic sucks in itself, so I suppose I ride coattails to the end, but whatever works.
    Can you say....contradiction? The bottom quote came first, where he claims he's a follower, yet in the above more recent post he out right says there's always a mafia who stays under the radar and does the same thing.

Really now Blob is just making my alien spider sense tingle in oh so many ways.
    --------------
    [M] Amy
    [M] Bender
    [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob
    [M] Hermes
    [M] Lrrr
    [M] Morbo
    [M] Nibbler
    [M] Tinny Tim
    [M] Zoidberg

That's the list of who's left in play. 1 mafia down, so I'm assuming 3 to go. That means game over is when we hit 3 town left. Assuming 6 town, that means if we miss today and lose one in the night, tomorrow is endgame.

Of the above, as of this moment, Blob, Bender, and Amy are my top 3.

Although I will mention Morbo too, but it's mostly a gut feeling that something is off, which I seem to have a knack for in this game. But I'm just a paranoid bastard, so ya.

Well then, have at it and lets get posting!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I don't really buy Zoidberg's explanation. I didn't really suspect him until now but this is hard to ignore. But the Blob evidence from Lrrr is also hard to ignore, as is his quick acceptance of Zoidberg's explanation.

My top suspects up until now had been Bender and Amy. This might be the last time I can come on for this day so I might be making my final vote now. I'm going to take a few more minutes to look over old quotes and then make the important decision.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob View Post
    Now my vote for Mom is legitimate! *thumbs up*
    Posted after Mum said she had been replaced.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Ok my final thought.

Blob - I just think we'd be lynching another fool of a townie. I do agree that he's been no help, but he's been so...visible...that he's been left there as the easy target for whenever the mafia needed him. Mom called him an easy target (when she was reprimanding the previous Morbo actually ) and I agree with her.

Zoidberg - I'm really having a hard time buying into what he said. I think he had a plan and it slipped up. Was inactive for a long time and needed a good role claim to explain it all. Only it was a bad role claim. Plan B: Go after Blob. I think he was a bad mafia trying to play the inactive game who slipped up.

Amy - Amy has never made any sense (as in her posts, she makes sense as a mafia candidate for sure) to me but she still hasn't shown up. I was hoping my vote would get her active but that hasn't worked. Again. I still suspect her.

Bender - I keep intending to grill Bender to get something out of him but something else always comes up. I've thought he's mafia for a little while now and I still think that. See my other posts for what I've said about him.

Right now I think the mafia is Zoidberg, Amy, and Bender.

Before the Zoidberg nonsense my vote of the day was going to be Bender. But I just can't get over that. I really hope I'm doing the right thing here.

##Unvote: Amy
    ##Vote: Zoidberg

Also Hermes needs to post!

Hopefully I will be back before time expires to read over what I hope will be lots of discussion!

Zoidberg's claim is very suspicious to me. The roleclaim is, quite obviously, false, but the claim that it was a ploy against the mafia is just off. If I were to attempt the same move, I'd definitely pick a better role. And then I'd defend myself better, and for longer. Zoidberg gave out far too easily.

However, I can't see how this would be useful to the mafia. Surely they wouldn't make so dodgy a move? I think Zoidberg is just a really unimaginative townie with a busy RL.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Donbot:

Votecount

[M] Bender (1) - [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob
    [M] Amy (0) - [M] Morbo
    [M] Hermes (1) - [M] Lrrr
    [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob (1) - [M] Zoidberg
    [M] Zoidberg (1) - [M] Morbo

4 hours until the end of day 6.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Hmmm... I dont really like what Zoidberg did, but I agree with Tim that it looks more like an uninformed townie. Blob still tops my suspect list, so I will vote for him. I already said why in the suspect list I had before.

##vote: Blob

Horrible Gelatinous Blob:

##Unvote-Bender
    ##Vote-Zoidberg

For reasons mentioned above and roleclaiming an 'original' role that already exists.

Oops, I posted on my real account. Oh well, it's not like I'm particularly cryptic.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Lrrr:

Blob any defense against anything I've said or asked towards you? I can't help but feel like your dodging me.

Lrrr:

Hermes still bugs me, no word on him getting replaced or modkilled for inactivity, yet he's still around. I get a strange feeling he could be active elsewhere.

As for who to kill today, it looks like it's a toss up between Blob and Zoidberg, unless the votes heavily shift, I'll probably vote Blob today, he has been one of my biggest suspects for the longest time and constantly has been doing scummy things.

Zoidberg's claim really bugged me, but for some reason I don't get much of a scum vibe from him after he said his claim was bogus. Can't really explain it, just not getting a gut feeling there.

If I had to say who my gut is telling me, then it would be Blob, Morbo, Tim, and Amy. Just something about the way they have talked and played somehow irks me. Now I can make a case for all of them except Morbo, it's mostly just paranoia since him and me are leading the town at the moment, and I'm too paranoid that a scum will end up leading the town to their deaths.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Day ends in ten minutes or whenever the tie is broken. Whatever comes last.

Since the day is still going and I woke up I'll unvote.

##Unvote: [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob

Okay so I apologize for seeming to be scum trying to explain the inactivity to be safe, but if I had claimed Doctor, that'd also be hard to 'cover up' because questions from all over would come to me asking why I didn't protect so-and-so. I can understand, Morbo, why you don't believe me though.

I don't think that should be your focus of the day either. Hermes and Amy stand out to me not only because they are inactive, but they've been inactive for about most of the game. They don't even seem like they're trying to help. More of "Someone calls me out > Defend myself > Go inactive again."

I'd love to see more life out of Hermes and Amy.

Ah, looks like the day is ending in 3 minutes. Now, it all falls on me I guess.

*closes eyes* Please be scum!

##Vote: [M] Hermes

Lrrr:

You just made it a tie Zoidberg, we need one more. >.>