Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 142428293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XII: Game thread - Game Over, The silent town is silenced for good

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nibbler View Post
    Ok Morbo, how do you comment on my main evidence on you, how you attacked someone for something but didnt attack a mafia for the same thing? And give me more than "I wasnt thinking that".
    I'll be happy to give you an answer once I understand what you are asking.

That's if the mafia has three members. If they don't, they cant speed lynch a townie.

I guess they could only have 3, but in a 20 person game I think that's unlikely.

I meant three now, or do you mean three from the start?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Morbo: Oh yes... This part here is creditted to Robot Devil...
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Robot Devil View Post
    Santa, OMG he killed the doctor = scum. What about Leela? She also attacked Calculon, but not a mention about her.
    We all know Leela was a mafia, so I think Morbo was not talking about Leela because she is one of his scum-buddies. He later comments about Leela but urges us not to lynch her too quick. Maybe he was trying to give her time to think something up and also try to clear himself a little if Leela is lynched. My guess is mafia or really unlucky town.
    This is my main evidence against you.

I think Robot Devil was referring to when Morbo voted for Santa, but I can't give you too much insight because that was day 2 and I didn't join the game until day 4. There was another person playing this character then and I don't know what he was thinking when he wrote that.

I urged not to make a quick killing of Leela because we want to get as much information we can out of the day. Finding one mafia in a day is not the end of it, unless that is the last mafia. But since we hadn't found any at that point she certainly was not the last. Any clues left by others would have been helpful in finding the next mafia, which we have yet to do.

EDIT: Bender, I was referring to 3 mafia total being unlikely, unless there is some kind of third party non-killing role like Jester or Survivor out there.
    Last edited by [M] Kurt - Cool Dad; 12-23-2008 at 12:24 AM.

Even if a mafia is member is replaced, they are still mafia. I believe this is what someone said in FF mafia when Edgar was replaced, right? I dont normally like going back to other mafia games, but this time it seems like it may be right.

And if a mafia is on the chopping block and knows it, they would just give up so they wouldnt give away anyone.

Horrible Gelatinous Blob:

And if a mafia is on the chopping block and knows it, they would just give up so they wouldnt give away anyone.
    I disagree. Mafians usually don't give up. They are persistent and will unleash everything they have.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:58 PM.

Bah, some do that. Some others that are a little smarter wil lie low until they can think of something.

Horrible Gelatinous Blob:

There you go, Nibbler.

We should stay put with voting for now. We need to think this out logically and try to find a reasonable suspect.

My Suspect List

Nibbler-He seems to rely on other people's reasoning. While that's fine and dandy, it's a terrible way to start the day when the town's oh-so-close to losing. Result-Moderate

Morbo-He is definetely leading this town, which is a dangerous place for Mafia. While I doubt he's Mafia, we are certainly not being led in the right direction. Result-Moderately Low

Bender-Flying uder the radar is common and not necessarily scummy, but sometimes you need to chirp in when you can so we might get scum. Result-Moderately Low

Amy-POST DAMBIT! Result-Inactive

Tinny Tim-He could go either way. He helps town oftentimes and sometimes he does nothing. I can't really comment on him. Result-Moderate
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:58 PM.

Now you are making stuff up. My suspision for Morbo is based off of Robot Devil, but my vote for you was entirely from what I saw in your posts, my reasoning.

And no, we cant hold off on voting. Blob you are just waiting for all the mafia to be on at once so you can all place a vote and hope for the best. And how is Morbo leading the town? The only thing Morbo did really is ask me why I voted for you. Thats hardly leading in my opinion.

Where is everyone? This is the most important time...

After reading through all the recent posts, I have found the new Morbo... Frightening

He is a really good player, one that would be a great asset to either team. This fact makes him a dangerous player. I know I sound paranoid, but a similar thing happened last game and he puts me on edge.

He is such a controlling player, that feels like the grasp of a Godfather (in the RL sense), he has that charming effect on everyone that makes you respect him, but at the same time fear his judgement on you.

The way he encourages discussion and then pats down that discussion which doesn't seem to please his views
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Morbo View Post
    Blob, Nibbler was the deciding vote on Leela. It would be a really tough sell to say that his vote was a mafia ploy when the other victim was an investigation role. Nibbler could just very well be an idiot. But idiot does not equal mafia. You don't strike me as such a bright fellow yourself so I don't know if you just don't realize what's going on here or you are just trying to save your red ass.
    Oh yes, I made a mistake. They came so close in time and the posts were right next to each other. My apologies. Still, it's hard to believe that Nibbler showed up right at the deadline and voted his mafia pal out 2 minutes after the tie had been cast just to look good. Could have been a ninja edit but that's risky and also going down a conspiracy theory path that doesn't usually lead to good conclusions.
    No one has talked about Bender for a while, so let's do him. I noticed some things on Bender when I was doing my catch up yesterday but I forgot most of it. And I'm not about to go sift through 400 posts again to try and remember it. Maybe later depending on time and circumstances.

Mom was kind enough to summarize Bender's earlier posts here [link removed, sorry]. I'll just reiterate the argument she already provided. That being Bender has been popping in at convienent times (during activity of others) to make a couple general statements and then leave. No real discussion taking place. Let's move on to votes.

Bender voted for Zapp, twice, in the last two days. No other votes on the other days. Though I applaud his effort to try and bring out the inactives, Zapp was a very safe person to have a vote on since he doesn't say much and no one else even mentions him. Avoids the big discussion of the day but still stays 'active'. Yes, I do realize my vote is currently on Zapp. Once again I can't fault the idea behind it.

However, a campaign to get inactives up and about needs to come with some level of grandstanding, which I hope I have been accomplishing here. One vote for an inactive under the radar does nothing, and that's what Bender has been doing. I'm tempted to switch my vote to call Bender out now since I think he's the most likely to be lurking this thread, but something is telling me that would not be the right move. I guess I'll leave it as Zapp and see where it goes. Plenty of day left. More people post!
    The discussion of Nibbler hadn't been going for long when Morbo stepped in. He doesn't openly defend Nibbler, but takes a step back from the whole thing and hushes the situation, which soon dies down and the subject is quickly changed to Bender and that more people need to post. Discussion is a great thing for town, but when it is seemingly hosted by one major player, it is dangerous.

Giving one person too much power and control is a bad thing, he can look at a few people and everyone will look there, but if you question his reign, he will look at you.

The town doesn't have much room for error here, but I firmly believe Morbo is a member of the mafia. However, please don't speed lynch. Take your time to look over the posts of those you think most suspicious and form an argument, we need to find the missing link.

##Vote: Morbo

Another good thing to look at is the night kill. Lrrr was a fairly active townie, very much in the spotlight. What makes him a better choice over Morbo or even Blob?

Yes, I will probably end today with Morbo as well. I am sure that both Morbo and Blob are mafia, so I will be voting for the one that will give the best chance.

I will wait however, until later.