Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5151920212223242526272829303135 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XII: Game thread - Game Over, The silent town is silenced for good

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Ok let's start with Leela, the lady of the hour. A lot has been said about Leela, so how can I say that much more? So I will try to say what has not been said.

Mom was onto you, and Mom turned out to be someone who knows this game pretty well. Yeah she also fingered me but we can't all be right.

Her attack on Calculon was pretty strong. Too strong. I didn't really see the Calculon vote at that time and some of her arguments for it. Her Ra ra ra ness? Eh I don't know about that. I don't read too deep into those things. =/

I'm not going to say a Leela lynch would be the worst move we could make. But to make this all about Leela would be. Don't you people listen to your mother? Focusing on one or two players per day is going to make it easy for inactive mafioso to stack votes against them. Or post random votes that no one will every scrutinize. Probably what has been happening.

I'm sorry I'm not quoting a bunch of posts. That's just not my style. I think Robot Devil's comments were worth noting.

We can't let Leela off here, but we can't gang rape her either. We've wasted too much time today with too few posts.

Lrrr, you should read the sign up and discussion thread sometime. tidusluvr is/was Psychotic.

Lrrr:

Oh. Hooray. (I feel stupid now, yay!) Partner's going to kick me for that. In any case, it would be rare for the same "turnaround" to happen twice. However, that doesn't mean you weren't busy and have found free time now, and you're actually making a lot of sense. Also, for as much has been heaped on Leela, I'm staying with blob for now.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Let's move on to the blob then. Second most votes, second in line. And by association Mr. Lrrrrrrrr

Lrr, your main argument for blob was his suggestions for multiple killers, a scenario that signs point to as being false. Seems to be the old Morbo's argument as well. Well I think that's a weak argument. There are much better reasons to suspect blob! His banter with Mom on day 3, example. His continued spamification preventing real discussion (which you have started to get at I'll give you that).

Lrrr, you have blinders on. You seem adamant to getting Blob out. Why is that? Is there something more than he is the most suspicious player? Keeping your sights on one person that is suspicious is a mafia tactic.

Mom called Morbo out for going after the 'obvious' suspects. Well right now the obvious ones are: Leela and Blob. If you want to be a great help you would say something about the others. All of you would.

Everyone should be talking about everyone.

Lrrr:

There were other reasons, but they were just little things that irked at me in the back of my head. The main thing that bothered me was as I have said his sudden call out on information with no backing for it.

As for you Morbo, you were on my suspect list for a while, but your steadily dropping with your sudden jump in activity. Though even though your a replacement I'm not entirely unfocused on you yet.

Keeping your sights on one person that is suspicious is a mafia tactic.
    Hey now, I did mention a few other people. =P

Everyone should be talking about everyone.
    Can't argue with that.

So to add a little more, I'll mention Amy, Hermes, and Fry.

Amy and Hermes have both just popped in enough to be noticeable like Bender, then suddenly leave. Fry on the other hand has just vanished.

I think looking at them a little more would be a good idea.

I'll avoid making a lengthy quote filled post at the moment because I'm tired and want to go sleep, but I'll tell you what a fun little search on each person will come up with.

Amy has only 9 posts, none of which have any real substance. She dodges around a lot and gives vague replies. Why so vague Amy? Why add so little to the discussion?

Hermes has even less (only 6) and voted Blob today to make it a tie (viable town response), but he seemed quite dodgy and on the fence in his decision (possibly scum trying to take heat off himself in case fellow scum is killed today?), in one of his first posts he also throws out the newbie card. A common tactic employed. So Hermes, where have you been all this time? WHo are you finding suspicious?

Fry has the least posts (at 3, hey 3, 6, 9, their all multiples of 3 =D) and hasn't done much other then vote day 1.

Well then. There's a few people laying low/being inactive to take a closer look at.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Let's move on to number 3, 'Hypnotic Toad'.

Let's go back to Mom, since I know Psy likes the attention. Mom talks a lot and she called out a lot of players. But in her final grandstanding post, four names were mentioned. Bender, Hypnotoad, Leela, and Morbo.

Hypnotoad was called the 'easy option'. Maybe at the time. But let's face it, Leela is the easy option today. Let's not make it easy on her but let's not make it easy on the people going after her as well.

The mafia killed Mom. Why do you think they did that? The obvious option is that people he named were scared, scared that he was on to them. Maybe he was onto someone.

The other option would be that this is exactly what they wanted to happen. Do exactly what he says to do. Go after Leela, Morbo, Bender, Hypnotoad. Probably in that order. Do what he says and not what he does. But we should be doing what he does which is look deep deep for the people who skating by. Does this make Leela (I really want to keep typing Leeza) one of them? Yes! But let's not forget about others.

Hypnotoad graciously 'got the ball rolling' with a vote for Leela. But really he didn't. He provided no insight at all. We had to rely on the Devil of all people to do that for us. Not good, Toady.

Yes, Leela voted Hypnotoad, so there is a face off of sorts here. But I am really finding it hard that Hypno really thinks Leela is scum. His intial attack on Leela really didn't have much substance. None of his posts really have, except when he posted about the times, I guess. Also I don't think he even knows what spaghetti logic means. To me, he seems like a guy taking orders or following in other people's leads.

This isn't my last post of the day, but I need a break. I've been reading and posting for last few hours and I need a break.

One thing I hate in mafia is when people don't vote. We've had waaaaaay too much of that. I also don't like that Leela has a nice 2 vote coushin right now. I think we need to get people scared. I really want to go after the inactives but a vote on one of them at this point wouldn't do much good. My next post was going to be about Bender but I need to get to them by the end of the night so I'll do them next. We need to get their necks on the line or they probably won't show themselves.

##Vote: Hypnotoad

Leela wasn't the easy option yesterday and I went after her then also. I also voted and argued for calculon.

Also if you are gonna listen to psy then we should go after you and leela. The two people who have voted for me. He brought up a lot on both of you and not to let you both weasle out of it. So lets not bring mom up ;D

To answer Devils question first. Though beeing a partly inactive character too I agree with you that Leelas defence on Fry seemed a little rash. (I΄ll make a note here to look at Fry, if Leela turns out to be Mafia). The other point is her vote on the end of her attack on Calculon. Of course she could have waited which what I think would have been a more town-style of playing but at least she even cast a vote. Another thing for us to keep in mind is that I do not think that Day 2 was one of those days full of evidence on other Players. She simply used the best she could find.

The rest of your (lets say) quoting spree does not seem more accusing than incriminating on me though I΄ll give the 2 points mentioned some credit.

I΄ll now move on to Morbos sudden change of personality. There wasn΄t much I thought about him before as he hasn΄t been active at all until day 3. This new Morbo makes much more sense to me than the old one. A focus attack on Leela will of course get us to lynch her but I must admit that our evidence appears a bit weak. I can΄t say much about the Blobs case. His multiple faction idea seemed to be some misplaced distraction to me and I΄m still not sure that this should be put awa so lightly.

In his last post Morbos goes in on Hypnotoad who I mention in my posts to be of high suspicion. This is mainly because of his vote-and-leave strategy. Once Hypno came in and stated that this is based on her scummy behaviour or something like that. I must say that I am more on new-Morbos site here, thinking, that it looks like someone taking orders from another one.

Hence my vote today will be between Leela and Hypno not considering someone like Fry who I mentioned earlier to be suspicious if Leela turns Mafia or other ones.

Please ignore the "not" in the second paragraph.

Sorry guys, I lost track of time playing another game I am addicted to.

My time is short because I'm tired as hell so please forgive me if parts of this doesn't make sense. I wanted to get to the inactives and a couple others.

Bender, you aren't off the hook, even though you never posted today. I have plenty to say on you but that will have to wait I'm afraid.

Amy, got some stuff for you too but it will also have to wait. Some of your posts don't make any sense but at least you seem to be trying.

Robot Devil, while I think your analysis of Leela is flawed in some ways at least you are trying to do what we need to do and that's fire off shots to get more people involved. I wish you would have saved your vote for Leela for later, but that's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hypnotoad View Post
    Also if you are gonna listen to psy then we should go after you and leela. The two people who have voted for me. He brought up a lot on both of you and not to let you both weasle out of it. So lets not bring mom up ;D
    Bring it. I have nothing to hide. Talking about everyone means talking about me and I'm fine with that.

If I were Robot Santa I would say the following people are on my naughty list:

Fry
    Zoidberg
    Zapp Branigan
    Tinny Tim
    Nibbler (though replaced I believe)
    Hermes (though he was replaced)

We need more out of you. We will vote for you if you don't say anything.

Look for Zapp to come in, vote someone random, and leave. Maybe not today but at least tomorrow. What better way to never be suspected?

Fry has made all of 3 posts and that obviously ain't cutting it.
    Votes are probably the only thing that will get them out of hiding, but it might be too late for today.

The rest have at least contributed something more than fluff on one of the days, but they still aren't playing like they should be.

Good night and good luck!

My vote stays on Hypno today. Time ran out and yours is the foulest taste in my mouth. I didn't like your response to what I said before and I probably won't like your response to this when I read it tomorrow. Someone is pulling your strings and I'd rather get the puppetmaster but I'll take the puppet for now.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Morbo View Post
    Bender, you aren't off the hook, even though you never posted today. I have plenty to say on you but that will have to wait I'm afraid.
    Considering I'll be in bed at day's end, maybe you should until tomorrow(game time).

Look for Zapp to come in, vote someone random, and leave. Maybe not today but at least tomorrow. What better way to never be suspected?
    That's why I changed my vote from Mum to Zapp yesterday, and I'm voting him again.

##Vote: Zapp

Leela:

I'm not sure what to make of Morbo. I don't know about Fry, though Morbo's list does include a lot of players who at least have not been openly helping the town much. There have been replacements apparently but I still haven't seen much.

The point about Zapp is a good one. It's the same reason Hypnotoad is suspicious to me.

Mom said Hypnotoad was "easy." Well, we need a pretty quick win about now. I still haven't seen any non-Mom arguments against me with any real substance, and I think I've done a fair job of answering them despite not having made the posts I've been trying to justify (very difficult!). If we keep dallying around with no real plan, we're screwed. We've wasted a lot of time. At least "I" have been trying to help out this entire game, which is more than can be said about a lot of people. How much has Toad contributed? How much has anyone on Morbo's list?

I say we go after Hypnotoad today, and then take a close look at who hasn't really contributed anything to the actual discussion. We know at least some of the mafia's been active, so not-replaced. But they've been staying under the radar so far. Probably because we haven't been critical enough of the people not contributing anything or only contributing random votes. Hell, they haven't even been forced to do much since we've been busy killing ourselves.

Please, let's not screw around anymore. We need a win here. Hypnotoad's been allowed to get away with too much scummy behavior so far.

I still say Bender has been the most suspicious after that, though I may be going against my own advice there. Morbo and Bender both made good points against Zapp. Both of those two are worth looking into.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:23 PM.

I still mistrust both of you but I have to leave now and day ends in about half an hour. I will go now with

##vote: Hypnotoad

and leave the decisive vote to you guys.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

seeing as how I will probably die...i am the delivery hit thing. I deliver food at night and the food item ordered tell me something about who ordered it.

night 1 calculon. apple. an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

night 2 leela. spaghetti.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I figure this means mafia as both are italian.

night 3 nibbler. fish...I have no idea what this is suppose to mean...fishy?

sorry for double post but I am on the train and have limitations.

edit...this is hypnotoad