Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920212535 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XII: Game thread - Game Over, The silent town is silenced for good

Mom:

Here is a list of every single one of benders posts in this thread!!
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bender View Post
    Turns out I had to many cookies.
    As if you can talk Santa
    Bandwagoning on a bandwagoner
    Maybe the people who played the mafians last game are playing this game as well.
    That won't work too well, as few people posted day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Robot Santa View Post
    ho ho NO!
    I think a Dwarf says that in FF3 DS.
    I'm starting to like Tinny Tims idea. Most people did post, if only once.

Also, the name Brannigan makes me think of Baigan. He even looks that guys sprite. COINCIDENCE? I think not!
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Calculon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob View Post
    We can't completely ignore any extra concepts like a third party or killing faction. Simply because we had one death dosen't me we're completely liberated from such a concept. For example, a protection or a jack of all trades saving killing powers could be very likely.

Maybe there are two Mafias, and they are both trying to edge out any contenders before they destroy themelves.
    Anything is possible, but lets not assume there are two killers or anything until there are 2 deaths in one night.
    He's not assumeing that there are two killers, he's only saying that there might be two killers.
    OK, I think it's safe to conclude the only killers are the Mafia. We lost a/the Doc yesterday(game time), and now a/the roleblocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mom View Post
    Three days and that is it Morbo?! Hmmm no, I'm not sure if I buy it...I think you could be a killer trying to hide low with no attention on you.
    Funny how Morbo only posts when he's at risk of being killed isn't it.

##unvote
    ##vote: Morbo
    I don't find it all that funny, Windy Oldbag. It is possible that Morbo was indeed busy until now. Also doesn't what you say in the quoted bits contradict each other?
    So up until now, bender, what is it that you have actually contributed other than spam and playing it safe by talking about the possible roles hmmm? Nothing. Youre looking way way way WAY more suspicious than me. You hadnt even voted until now.

Onto your vote for me. contradiction? what contradiction. i said he is trying to hide low to avoid detection, and in the other bit i said he only posted because he has to. How on earth is that contradicting??

Maybe morbo is your friend killer and you are trying to save him by making me look bad. And no this isnt because youve voted for me either. tinny tim has voted for me and i think he is a good guy but mistaken. In fact I think you knew this and thats why you mentioned his name in your vote - trying to tag along for the ride. No I dont care if you voted for me first, youre using his reasoning and a joke of a reason to vote for me. Youre a tag along.

Morbo: i have to admit some of my vote was because i was angry at you (and others) for not playing. But with this joker coming out of nowhere to defend you with poor reasons and cast doubt on me, I think you are friends.

If i die and you guys see i am good, look at bender, look at morbo, do not let them get away with what they have done. They are the ones. Trust me.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Hey guys I am finally around and read through some of the thread. I will post some things on what caught my eyes but first I will address mom's concerns.
    Three days and that is it morbo?! hmmm no Im not sure if I buy it...I think you could be a killer trying to hide low with no attention on you...this is probably why the baddies have done so well so far...theyve just been hiding and not saying anything

funny how morbo only posts when hes at risk of being killed isnt it. i think youve been watchin and waitin and bidin your time!!
    As I said in my other posts I was too busy to play. Forums games take a back seat to rl. Day 1 I did not get back until night time and day 2 I worked an unexpected double shift and did not feel like getting online after all that. Rather than post some random thoughts to stir up skullskullskullskull I decided to wait until morning so that I could read the thread and make a more valid contribuution. It takes a while to get up to speed when you have been gone for days.

I think you targeted me because it was convienent. Why not go after Fry, Amy, Nibbler, etc? They all have been absent but I was the one with the most recent post so an easy target.

Now that I have addressed that I will post what I have seen from reading the thread in a new post.

Mom:

the one with the most recent post wouldnt be an easy target would they...because the others wouldnt post and defend themselves because they werent there! theyd be the easy ones, not you

i would probably have changed my vote if bender hadnt got involved...but he did...and you are guilty by association! (reminds me of a LP song lol. anyone like it?? )
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Sorry guys, i've been busy and trying to understand this game. But i'm slowly getting it now, reading the forums and all. And i'll hopefully cast a vote soon.. i just hope i don't forget and go past the 3 day thingy. D:

After reading the thread, my vote is between Blob, Mom, and Robot Santa.

Horrible Blob - Blob was the most active in day 1 and pretty active in day 2, however that alone should not be enough for scum because we need to promote activity. Day 1 I think he was just trying to stir up activity which points to not scum, but day 2 he started to spread that rumor of multiple killers even though we have had no evidence of it. Spreading misinformation is very mafiaish. Calculon voted for Blob and Calculon ended up being a confirmed docotor. Not saying calculon knows the truth but we can be sure a confirmned town's opinions are genuine. I want to give Blob the benefit of the doubt for his earlier activity though. If he stays active he will probably slip up if he is mafia anyway.

Mom - Mom's posts from the earlier time doesn't make any sense. Then she was told to post better and she makes a little more sense now. When I read her posts I thought she was either a naieve new player or a cunning mafia trying to fool us. But she could just as well be a naieve mafia. In her eyes I would make a very safe vote for her if she was mafia due to my inactivity. Then she tries to connect me and Bender in her above post which is silly because if we were connected as evil then if one goes down the other goes down. If the mafia had vetaran players it would not make such a mistake. Still I cannot be sure that she just doesn't know what she is doing.

Robot Santa - Robot Santa had the deciding vote for Calculon. Then after the deadline he took his vote off. He seemed to know it was past deadline, but did he know it wouldn't be counted? Here's the most important piece of evidence. His intial vote came AFTER Calculon claimed doctor. He had opportunity to take his vote off before deadline but he didn't do it. Mom did almost the same thing so they could be in cahoots but that seems too obvious so I won't pursue it.

Here is what I think happened: Mafia saw that the vote was very close and that the doctor was one of the possible targets (they would know or at leat suspect calculon's claim was real). They wanted to take advantage of this opp to kill the doc but to avoid suspicion they came up with this plan to take santa's vote off after the deadline. At worst it would lead to a tie which could be broken by a mafia who hadn't yet voted or an ususpecting town.

##Vote: Santa

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Morbo View Post
    Robot Santa - Robot Santa had the deciding vote for Calculon. Then after the deadline he took his vote off. He seemed to know it was past deadline, but did he know it wouldn't be counted? Here's the most important piece of evidence. His intial vote came AFTER Calculon claimed doctor. He had opportunity to take his vote off before deadline but he didn't do it. Mom did almost the same thing so they could be in cahoots but that seems too obvious so I won't pursue it.

Here is what I think happened: Mafia saw that the vote was very close and that the doctor was one of the possible targets (they would know or at leat suspect calculon's claim was real). They wanted to take advantage of this opp to kill the doc but to avoid suspicion they came up with this plan to take santa's vote off after the deadline. At worst it would lead to a tie which could be broken by a mafia who hadn't yet voted or an ususpecting town.

##Vote: Santa
    While I agree with what happened, Santa's initial vote for Calculon was the tie breaker. He voted after the deadline so he could not take it back.

Having agreed with that...I keep my vote for leela.

Morbo: I have to admit some of my vote was because i was angry at you (and others) for not playing. But with this joker coming out of nowhere to defend you with poor reasons and cast doubt on me, I think you are friends.
    Your reasoning that inactivity equals scum, particularly when someone posts to not get modkilled is just as poor. All you need to do is read the first post of the thread, and the latest death scene to know only town has died. Of course a town isn't going to want to die.

If I die and you guys see i am good, look at bender, look at morbo, do not let them get away with what they have done. They are the ones. Trust me.
    Just say, what if would happen if we lynched you today, lynched me tomorrow, and I come up Town(which I would). What next?

Oh ok I did not know that. The times are a little confusing and I thought the day ended between those times. But if it was the tie breaker then I think he would know he can't take it back. Still very fishy!

edit: That was in response to hypnotoad

Lrrr:

Well I'm getting my vote out so I don't forget and don't die later on. My vote might and probably will change before the end of the day. I just need it out there.

##Vote: Blob

With that said, my reasons being as Morbo said, his whole multiple killing factions thing is really suspicious.

At first I thought he was just a bad player, but I've thought that in past games and it just ended up being mafia. By this point I think there's few bad players in EoFF mafia, so it seems more likely he's scum.

His whole argument was flawed in many ways and I couldn't gather why anyone would even say something so ridiculous as second killing factions when we've only had 1 death a night thus far at the time (and still have). There was no reason to even think of such a thing unless one was trying to spread misinformation, which is something only scum benefit from.

So for now I'm voting Blob for said reasons.

Though I'm leaning towards one of the voters for Calculon since that whole thing screams scum involvement somewhere. But it seems plenty of people are already attacking people for that so I figure I'll be original. =P
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Alright, hello I am Nibbler's replacement. I was watching the thread a little bit and I just now skimmed over a little and I dont really like Mom that much. In one of her posts, she tries to get rid of Morbo, an inactive. But then when people start questioning her on it she moves to Bender. I think it's entirely possible that Mom is a newbie mafian, trying to get rid of one of her mafia teammates for a sacrifice. I am not sure who this person is, but I would have to guess Bender, because he seems smart enough to show little opinion on her scumminess.

In an entirely different scenario, Hypnotoad seemed to defend Robot Santa. I have nothing else on that, just making a note. It doesnt seem scummy, but it is just slightly worth watching.

Ill vote Mom now just in case I dont get back...

##Vote: Mom

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nibbler View Post
    But then when people start questioning her on it she moves to Bender. I think it's entirely possible that Mom is a newbie mafian, trying to get rid of one of her mafia teammates for a sacrifice. I am not sure who this person is, but I would have to guess Bender, because he seems smart enough to show little opinion on her scumminess.

You do realise that she may have had a rant at me, but she never changed her vote?

The timing is at 8:03 mod says 57 minutes left.

At 8:19 Calculon swoops in to defend himself against Leela's attacks, vote for Horrible Gelatanous Blob and claim doctor.

I swoop in at 8:49 to change my vote to Horrible Gelatanous Blob in order to create a tie in an effort to save him. It was all I could do.

Then at 9:00 the dead line has passed and we have a tied.

Then at 9:11 Robot Santa post a big long thing about how Calculon and I are in cahoots with each other and are mafia.

9:41 He finally comes to the conclusion that killing off the doctor would be stupid and he hopes that it isn't too late to do so but it was too late to do so the minute he cast his vote for calculon in the first place.

This was a recap the events that transpired during the end of day 2 to clear up any misunderstandings or confusion that people might be having. Does this help Morbo?

Edit: Nibbler, I am not defending santa. I am simply correcting misinformation. I even said I agreed with Morbo's "What happened" section.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Donbot:

Votecount

[M] Leela (1) - [M] Hypnotoad
    [M] Morbo (1) - [M] Mom
    [M] Mom (3) - [M] Bender, [M] Tinny Tim, [M] Nibbler
    [M] Robot Santa (1) - [M] Morbo
    [M] Horrible Gelatinous Blob (1) - [M] Lrrr

Day ends in 7 hours.

Not voted once in three days: [M] Robot Devil, [M] Amy, [M] Hermes(replaced), [M] Lrrr, [M] Morbo, [M] Nibbler(replaced), [M] Tinny Tim, [M] Zapp Brannigan, [M] Zoidberg
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Leela:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hypnotoad View Post
    Then at 9:11 Robot Santa post a big long thing about how Calculon and I are in cahoots with each other and are mafia.

9:41 He finally comes to the conclusion that killing off the doctor would be stupid and he hopes that it isn't too late to do so but it was too late to do so the minute he cast his vote for calculon in the first place.
    But still the fact of the matter was he did cast a lynching vote for calc without reading the thread, or so he says. It took him a full half hour to come back and try to look more innocent and unvote even though it was too late.

I don't really believe the apologies. "I'm sorry you're dead" "I'm sorry I got you lynched." "I'm sorry my reasons weren't good enough." "I'm sorry I didn't read the thread."

They seem like excuses. I'm going to stick with robot Santa as my suspicious and seeing as I'm moving out of the dorms and wont be back by the time I get home I'm gonna vote now.

##Vote: Robot Santa
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nibbler View Post
    But then when people start questioning her on it she moves to Bender. I think it's entirely possible that Mom is a newbie mafian, trying to get rid of one of her mafia teammates for a sacrifice. I am not sure who this person is, but I would have to guess Bender, because he seems smart enough to show little opinion on her scumminess.

You do realise that she may have had a rant at me, but she never changed her vote?
    Yup, exactly my point. I may seem a bit like an idiot here, because I seem like an idiot to myself, but here is what I think Mom would think if she were mafia.

I have a little heat on me, I need to come up with something fast! Oh, heres Morbo posting nothing! If this doesnt take heat off me, it might at least delay it so I can get myself out of this. Crap that was horrible... Well I guess I will bring attention to a radom townie(Or a scummate, not completely sure on you yet), and then maybe it can get me out of this.

I may be taking this, "to catch a thief you need to think like a thief" saying a little too far, but thats my opinion.