Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XII: Game thread - Game Over, The silent town is silenced for good

Mom:

omg theres a lot of robots postin in this thread...funny how its only HUMANS who have died!!!

im onto you, robots...!!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Mom:

actually i dont like calculon have my vote calculon

##vote: calculon

he voted the poor prof off and look at this
    I think it would be a good idea to look at the votes from day 1, and question the people who voted over and over until we create some nice day 2 discussion. That gives us

Blob, Calculon, Fry, Nixon.

I'll ask a simple question to all of you out there. If you had to vote for any of these four people in a tiebreaker, who would you vote for any why?
    tryin to shift the blame onto ALL voters instead of just those who voted for the prof!!

calculon you are a bad robot lol
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mom View Post
    im onto you, robots...!!
    Oh my god you´re right. This cannot be coincidence.

My thoughts on the first day voters. Well I think Frys bandwagoning shouldn´t be taken too seriously. I think his reason can be put on the same lvl as yours Calculon. Meanwhile the Blob just seemed to be bored by the lack of posts and wanted to start something.
    Can´t say anything about Nixon. But I do not like his Eyebrows.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

I must say, day one is always annoying, but merely voting for someone who is inactive does little good. THAT is the main reason that I voted for Mr. Blob.

Even if it was day one, even if a person is inactive, they could merely be busy and, if that is the case, you could be taking out a power role for the town. It makes little sense to hazard something like that on the fact that the person had not posted.

Yes, there is a chance that they are 'laying low', however, there is a small chance that they are not.

I'm sorry, but that's really all that I have right now.

Just going to defend myself here. As I said before, I voted for Farnsworth to make it a tie, and also because there was no need for Farnsworth to vote.

I also love the way Calculon tries to shift the blame onto me, to save his own skin. Or metal.

Calculon:

ummm, I try and stir up discussion, so I must be scum.

First I'll adress Mom. She says I voted the professor off. Umm, I had the first vote on him, and the second in the day.

Next I'll address the conclusion that since I find Fry the most suspicious of the voters, I'm giving him the blame of day 1. I'm not. I'm saying that there was about next to no amounts of activity by anybody during day 1, so it is next to impossible to get a definate conclusion based on posts that don't exist. Based on the limited evidence, I find that Fry is the one who has the highest chance of being possible scum, at about 43%.

Finally I'll say clear the misunderstanding of trying to share the blame. That out of 6 votes total an innocent person died? Here is shifting the blame. All people who did not vote are at fault. If they had been more active, then we may have gotten a scum instead of a townie. Thats also a pretty silly conclusion, which is why I feel it is faulty logic.

The reasoning behind bringing up 4 people including myself is that it would be pretty strange for the mafia to not vote at all, so I am inclined to belive that a mafia member was among those who voted during day 1. So the question is still open, and feel free to drill me with questions, I'm fully charged and can go all day.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I love this theme.

Lrrr:

I think Robot Santa is on the right track. Of who is the most suspicious I think the voters of yesterday are the least likely candidates. I think there might be at best 1 scum amongst them. But with such a fast band wagon the scum probably sat back that first day to let town do the dirty work. So of everyone the non-voters are probably hiding the most scum.

As far as Scruff's sad and tragic death (), I don't think there's much too it. It seems like a random kill on the mafia part.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-30-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Horrible Gelatinous Blob:

I pretty much agree with others.

Scruffy's death seems random, it's obviously not based on activity or inactivity, but Day 1 was soooo smurfing slow and boring it's pretty much foundless.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mom View Post
    actually i dont like calculon have my vote calculon

##vote: calculon

he voted the poor prof off and look at this
    I think it would be a good idea to look at the votes from day 1, and question the people who voted over and over until we create some nice day 2 discussion. That gives us

Blob, Calculon, Fry, Nixon.

I'll ask a simple question to all of you out there. If you had to vote for any of these four people in a tiebreaker, who would you vote for any why?
    tryin to shift the blame onto ALL voters instead of just those who voted for the prof!!

calculon you are a bad robot lol
    Question: Why SHOULDN'T we look at all of the voters? At this point, we can not merely look at those who voted the professor, as there isn't that much to go on.

While I will admit that it is a bit suspicious that Farnsworth was a Townie, it was day one. There is no way that most of us would've known that he was Townie.

Your vote for Calculon made little sense to me. There's little reason for us to keep our suspicions OFF of those who didn't vote for Farnsworth. In my opinion, Day 2, everyone is still equally suspicious.

Leela:

Sorry guys that I haven't been around. I've been studying for my final now I have to go take said final. I don't have time to read today's posting just yet but i'll get back to you guys in a few hours when I'm done.

So BRBRBRBRBBRBRBRBRBRBx5
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:13 PM.

Horrible Gelatinous Blob:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Leela View Post
    Sorry guys that I haven't been around. I've been studying for my final now I have to go take said final. I don't have time to read today's posting just yet but i'll get back to you guys in a few hours when I'm done.

So BRBRBRBRBBRBRBRBRBRBx5
    Oh skullskullskullskull.

I feel your pain.

We can't completely ignore any extra concepts like a third party or killing faction. Simply because we had one death dosen't me we're completely liberated from such a concept. For example, a protection or a jack of all trades saving killing powers could be very likely.

Maybe there are two Mafias, and they are both trying to edge out any contenders before they destroy themelves.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Mom:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] President Nixon View Post
    Question: Why SHOULDN'T we look at all of the voters? At this point, we can not merely look at those who voted the professor, as there isn't that much to go on.

While I will admit that it is a bit suspicious that Farnsworth was a Townie, it was day one. There is no way that most of us would've known that he was Townie.

Your vote for Calculon made little sense to me. There's little reason for us to keep our suspicions OFF of those who didn't vote for Farnsworth. In my opinion, Day 2, everyone is still equally suspicious.
    theres nothin wrong with lookin at voters...but calculon is lumping all voters together ignorin who they actually voted for!!

if he had said first lets look at those who voted for the prof then lets look at ppl who voted for nixon and so on then i wudnt have a prob

but hes tryin to associate himself with more people tryin to blend in with the crowd and if i were a killer i wud try to blend in with the crowd!!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 11:32 PM.

##vote: Mom

You have made little sense in going after an apple lovin' nut like Calculon. How a robot would luff apples is beyond me...the same as your logic.

Is he trying to clump everyone together without saying who they are voting for...I don't really think so. You can easily look at the previous day voting totals and even Santa posted them earlier on the same page. He wasn't drawning any conclusions other than we should look at all voters.
    Last edited by [M] Anise; 12-15-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Mom:

u disagree with my logic. ok. fine. i cant explain it any more than i have. if u dont get it, sorry!!

but my post has logic at least. uve just gone "i disagree with u, so u are obviously bad".

where is YOUR logic?? why does my post make me a killer??
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-29-2009 at 11:32 PM.