Thread: A SWORD I MADE...

President of SoulfireSoft Ledious's Avatar

Default A SWORD I MADE...

...that is 4 inches long! XD
    this is a sword I made for my friend, yoko for her birthday. It has her name in kangi engraved on the blade.

other swords:

I make all kinds of these small weapons, but a pet peeve of mine when I make them is they must be made exactly as they would have been made if they were the real thing. So all my swords are folded in a forage and tempered, I am also currently working on a working flint lock pistol that is an inch and a half long.
    creative director of Soulfire Soft, public site coming soon!!! -_^

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wow, those are pretty awesome. How did you get into the hobby of making miniature weapons, if you don't mind me asking?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Wow, those are pretty awesome. How did you get into the hobby of making miniature weapons, if you don't mind me asking?
    Same statement, but with the added question of 'How do you do it?'.

Looks cool though. Keep it up.

EDIT: Partially-serious question: Can you cut stuff with those swords?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is an awesome hobby.

I changed your title prefix to "C" for "craft" by the way. Super crafty! Woo!

Your swords are so cute. You should totally post videos on YouTube of yourself forging mini-swords.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Those are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    This is an awesome hobby.

I changed your title prefix to "C" for "craft" by the way. Super crafty! Woo!

Your swords are so cute. You should totally post videos on YouTube of yourself forging mini-swords.
    thanx ^_^!

Oh that's what they are for? I didn't know what they were used for so I just always put [A] lol >_>

videos? that's a great Idea!!! XD

@Psychotic&Momiji: well I love making models of fantasy and medieval era replicas. especially medieval galleons and ships. but everything in the ships work the sails, the rudders and even weapons such as cannons. I still yet have to finish a ship but I have made many medieval style towns with moss as grass, bonsai trees as the forests and stone for the cobbled roads and chimneys. The sets are all real no plastic and modern short cuts they are pretty much real tows just smaller. the swords are just accessories that I would include within these small towns. I don't do much miniature crafting of tons that much anymore but I do still make weapons hopefully to be able to sell them in the future. They come with small wooden boxex or stands. That's the story ^_^

Well it depends on the weapon, cannons I use casting and engraving with a dremal sword I use folding techniques for the blades and mostly dremal work for the rest. the guns are just allot of precision and dremel work.

Yes you can, they are razor sharp but dull easily. I still have to master the art of making Damascus steal with something so small.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I vote you post more threads! I want to see your towns!

OMG Towns!! so cute yay!~

i would love to see one

Do the bosai trees flower?- that would be so pretty

Wow, these are so cool! You're obviously very talented!

The only thing is that I didn't immediately realize these were miniature swords. I looked at the picture, saw the penny, and assumed that you made big pennies! :chuckle: Maybe if you took a picture of your hand holding the sword or positioned next to the sword that would prevent dumb people like myself succumbing to eye tricks. Of course, this is all a testament to how realistic your swords are, if my brain was totally convinced they were full-size swords.

Oh, and I also think you should show us your towns!
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT

What could make a katana any better?

Making it really, really, really tiny.

Great job! I thought they were full scale when I first saw the pictures and didn't read the actual post ("Giant pennies!"). The level of skill and craftsmanship is really amazing, especially with something so small. I love how you decorated the sheaths, as well.

When you finish that pistol, I hope you show us. That sounds like ninety levels of badassery.
    "I hate Bambi. Because of that stupid movie, the Cowards has been crying since last week! I'm going to kill him to shut him up if he keeps on with it."

Quote Originally Posted by ~sohappytobesushiholic~ View Post
    OMG Towns!! so cute yay!~

i would love to see one

Do the bosai trees flower?- that would be so pretty
    *gasp* I did have a little flowering sapling! It was growing for a year then one day in december it got super warm and the tree was tricked into thinking it was spring and budded all its flowers. Then once it got cold again, it died of fatal over-dudding exhaustion.

@ everyone: I will show some of my towns once they are complete. I have to disasemble them in the winter time because some of the moss and trees cant handle the cold. Pluss, I'm in college right now and my towns are at home. :sweatdrop: But I will definitely post them here... eventually.

@ Frequency NecroKat: lol I probably wouldn't be interested in making giant pennies, maybe making them smaller tho. -_^

its levels of badassery hell is what it is, but Ill get it done eventually
    -_^
    it will look similar to this one:

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

These are so fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    These are so fantastic!
    thanx ^_^

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> With those mad skills you should be making FF swords like the Buster Sword and The Gunblade, the FFX brotherhood would be super awesome..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..