Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leading ladies

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

Default Leading ladies

out of the main stream games which leading lady was your favorite.

ill have to go with Yuna. shes forced with the burden of
    knowing that she must give up not only her life but the life
    of one of her gaurdians to temperarly kill sin.

yeah no pressure.

I like Yuna quite a lot. I don't know why exactly. Maybe it was because I felt closest to her as a character after following her for two games (FFX and X-2).
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rinoa for me, Aeris if she counts came 2nd

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    out of the main stream games which leading lady was your favorite.

ill have to go with Yuna. shes forced with the burden of
    knowing that she must give up not only her life but the life
    of one of her gaurdians to temperarly kill sin.

yeah no pressure.
    Yuna chose to be a Summoner out of some misguided feeling of duty cause her father was one; she spends most of the game half heartedly and meekly trying to convince her guardians she is somehow doing the right thing. Though Wakka and the others try to convince her otherwise, she stubbornly refuses to deter from her path even though she doesn't really want to do it herself and knows fully well its going to hurt the people she actually cares about in favor of helping people she doesn't even know. Overall, I felt her decision to be a summoner was more out of a wishy-washy decision. :rolleyes2

She somehow feels that sacrificing herself is a good thing even though as you travel through Spira, the only thing you meet are people willing to push her forward, to sacrifice her, so that they could finally have peace. In my eyes, these people are not worth saving and X is a game that represents the ugly, dark side of utilitarianism. I respect the people who stood up and fought Sin; I have no respect for the people who stood by and waited for someone else to do it for them.

I'm going for Lady Ashe who has a real burden. She has to fight with the personal conflict of choosing revenge for herself or trying to save the kingdom she is honor bound to protect. The entire game's plot revovles around her journey and ultimate decision. Throw in the fact that she is a forceful and headstrong woman who is more than willing to face the Archadian Empire alone without the rest of her party. It was a nice change of pace from the demure, meek and motherly figure type female leads from FF games in the past.

My next chose was Terra Bradford, caught between two different worlds, Terra struggles with being an outcast through her whole journey. Her father's people are almost extinct and her mother's people see her as nothing more than a tool to utilize in a senseless war she is drawn into. Terra spends the game looking for a personal identity after so much of her life had been taken from her by the Gesthalian Empire. I felt it was quite unique cause the other two major half breeds in the series were more steadfast in their decisions and gravitated towards what they felt was key. Cecil chose his human side, Sephiroth chose his alien origin. Terra tries to walk the side of humans but is constantly forced to accept her Esper origins and ultimately chooses to walk a middle road before facing Kefka...

Garnet. Dunno why, just always liked her.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Me too, Arcane! Garnet has always been my favorite. I didn't much like Rinoa. Yuna is okay, but she's a little bland. Garnet is a damsel in distress, but she can fight for herself in the end.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Terra. She is everything I should hate in a Mary-Sue, but I really think she's fantastic. I don't know why. I actually love her. Maybe she's so much of a character I should hate that I just love her instead? Goodness knows..

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Aeris, its impossible to not love her.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> Aeris, its impossible to not love her.
    Hello, my name is Mr. Impossible! Making the Impossible possible since 19XX

I found that Terra stopped being cool once the world of ruin came into play. Rydia or Tifa would be my pick actually (and surpisingly).

Lesse, Rosa was as deep as cardboard (waits for PaladinCecil to show up), Lenna was almost as bad, Terra was a Mary-Sue 'til the end and got demoted to optional side character in WoR, I hated Aeris, Tifa rocked, Rinoa had me vomitting blood on the floor, Garnet was awesome, Yuna was okay (except her voice actor), and Ashe was way too much of a bitch for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Why Queen Garnet of course. She's the bvest one out there. i like her determination and her story revolving about her mother. Yuna comes as a close second because she's a pretty strong-willed woman too, but I'm referring to her pre X-2 self, because she became too bubbly for me in that game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How is Terra more of a Mary-Sue than Aerith and Yuna? I am intrigued...

Ashe, she could kick the asses of all the others, maybe she would have trouble with Tifa, but she weilds massive sword. she doesn't act like a fairy princess and she sticks to her cause, even slightly considering the dark side, got to love her
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky