Thread: PSP recommendations?

Blog Entries

Default PSP recommendations?

Well, the title says it all. I got a PSP, now I'd like some tips on worthwhile PSP games. Share your experience!

Note: I already have Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, Star Ocean 1 and Jean'd Arc, so no need to mention those.

Edit:
    Oh noes, I forgot to make a worthless and completely unnecessary poll with random options in this thread. :kaocry2:

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, God of Ware: Chains of Olympus, Final Fantasy Tactics, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Patapon and soon enough Star Ocean 2 and the new Kingdom Hearts game (not sure when these are released though, but I am looking forward to it).

Also, if you can, put some custom firmware on there with popsloader and go play some old PS1 classics.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

In Current games, you only lack VP: Lenneth.

You already have Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Brave Story: A New Traveler is really good. And I third Valkyrie Profile. And you might want to import Fate/tiger coliseum. It's a chibi fighter game with Fate characters akin to Power Stone.

starwars force unleashed, one of the better rated naruto's and call of duty if there is a psp version
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Off the top of my head, the Syphon Filter games are good, as well as everything else that's been mentioned. Also, be sure to get Parappa the Rapper.

I love Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion Wars. It's a great re-translation.

Medievil is a very fun game. I'd strongly recommend it. The God of War game is also very good. My sister is playing Daxter, and it's very fun and has a decent length to it too. Death Jr. is good, but it's a kind of intensive platformer, so unless you're good at platformers, I would skip it.

'Infected' is a funny Resident Evil-esque Christmas game, so if you can find it, I'd suggest that too. Again, though, it has a moderate difficulty, so if you aren't good at survival games, I'd pass on it.

Hope that helps. Hope you have fun with your new PSP.
    "I hate Bambi. Because of that stupid movie, the Cowards has been crying since last week! I'm going to kill him to shut him up if he keeps on with it."

Aside of the already mentioned (All of them extremely good):

Metal Gear Solid OPS
    Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    N+
    Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
    Wipeout Fusion
    Loco Roco
    Echochrome (on PS store)

If your a major FF lunatic then id recommend both FFI- II for the PSP, I quite enjoyed them :)

Wipeout Pulse
    Tekken: Dark Resurrection
    Crisis Core
    Silent Hill Origins
    Daxter
    Metal Gear: Portable Ops
    God of War: Chains of Olympus
    Patapon

All worthy of your money.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm totally getting Valkyrie Profile, and then I'll check out some of the non-RPG games that has been suggested as well.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror is awesome and I believe theres a second syphon filter for psp. Also the Ace Combat game wasn't too bad though was really quite simple.