Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Gaming OCD? We got it!

So what gaming OCD's do you have?

Me? If I'm real close to a new level, hit points, etc... "threshold" in an RPG then I have to level before going on. For example, if I have 398 hit points and I'm ready for a boss, I'll hang out and earn my next level so that I can face that boss with over 400 hit points. Same goes if I'm level 39 and ready to face a boss. I need that level 40!
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

Whenver I have anything pertaining to 13 I must change it immediately. If I have 13 of an item I must use one or obtain another one, If Im on Lvl 13 I train until get to 14
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I have to have ALL of the jobs maxed out, no matter how crap they are. I will distribute the jobs across my characters, or I will just make them all do them all D:

I have to get all the optional items that you can get by just picking them up e.g: FFIX Zodiac coins so I spent forever manically going over every square centimetre of towns I passed through without using a walkthrough |: tiring stuff.

In Skies of Arcadia, I had to have at least one of my characters learn at least one spell for every room I passed through.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Avoid battles and speed playing are mine...oh and randomly dying forever over and over again. Like...jumping off a cliff in different ways. I have been known to do that for a good hour sometimes >.>

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    So what gaming OCD's do you have?

Me? If I'm real close to a new level, hit points, etc... "threshold" in an RPG then I have to level before going on. For example, if I have 398 hit points and I'm ready for a boss, I'll hang out and earn my next level so that I can face that boss with over 400 hit points. Same goes if I'm level 39 and ready to face a boss. I need that level 40!
    I totally know what ya mean. I'm walking towards a save point to quit for the day and I get in a random encounter before I get there and notice a character only needs like 3 XP to level up, I'm gonna run around the save point until I get a level up. I don't do that with HP or LV though. Unless it lands on like 444 or 666, then I'll run around or equip something to fix that. That happened to me twice in Persona 4. First Kanji gets 666HP and then Chie does.

And I also like having my items and skills in a certain order. It annoys me when there is nothing I can do about. Is it so hard to put an organize skill in the status menu. Same thing with some games and key items. Sure to a certain degree it makes since to let key items fall where they will, but what if there's certain key items you can get at different intervals in the game. You have one of those at the top another in the middle and the rest at the end. It's irks me a little.

And I almost always remap the controls on fighting games. My friends learned the hard way it's better for them to have second controller. Cause the buttons on the first controller don't do what they're suppose to

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For me it's starting a game, I have to be able to get what I consider "the perfect start" done. So in Fallout 3 I took several days worth of game play, probably enough time to complete the game even to get to the first town and do a few early missions. I also HAVE to save before returning to a npc to turn in missions just so that I can be sure if the outcome of the mission is not to my liking I can reset and not loose hours of play.

I have to if possible play female characters, excepting in Halo 3 online. It's not even in the cyber perverted manner of "well if I'm going to be staring at the ass on this character for most of the game I'm gonna want it to be hot!" kind of thing or the idea that guys are nicer to girls in online games. I tend to be very self reliant it's just a thing I do.

I've also got a few bad habits with RPGs, this is the norm for me: All characters must be skill capped, even if I do not intend on ever using them, this in games like Suidoken 4 is a nightmare. I must have the best possible equipment in the game, such as genji armour in FFTA and for the final battle Llednar's armour for Marche. I generally have to have every spell, item ect ect ect. In FFVIII this goes really to the extreme that I will collect 100 curse spikes to make 1 dark matter and another 100 for refining to Pain spells and then collect it back to 100 "just in case" same goes for Energy Crystals ect.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    I have to if possible play female characters, excepting in Halo 3 online. It's not even in the cyber perverted manner of "well if I'm going to be staring at the ass on this character for most of the game I'm gonna want it to be hot!" kind of thing or the idea that guys are nicer to girls in online games. I tend to be very self reliant it's just a thing I do.
    Levian and I were just talking about how we play girls in MMORPGs because people are nicer to you and give you free stuff. xD
    Figaro Castle

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's true they are, I certainly get plenty of help offers in GW when I'm online but I'm much more of a play hard and seek my own rewards it's only when I'm truly stumped or if I'm say 50 gold short of the item I desperately need I ask my guild for help. I remember in the game I work on which is a browser based mmorpg, this one guy used to think I was truly female based on the fact that I accurately RP'd a psychotic lesbian dark elf and he showered my character in that game with lavish gifts he got from raiding other people (since upon dying everything you own that you carry is lootable from worn armour and weapon to the gold in your pocket to the potions you were training with and the flint scraper you used to treat fur pelts...combine with exp loss and it's quite harsh) he stopped when he realized I was really a guy but still it was quite odd. However for me it's just an asthetic thing, in games like Fallout it's useful because female characters are treated better, however I'll generally pick female chars even in beat em ups where they're much weaker than their male counterparts.

I HAVE to try and get the game as perfect as possible, even it requires me to kill a boss 10 times my level with the ability to instant KO me, and then spending 6 hours running around the world for an item that is almost completely useless to me, but since itrs for perfection, it MUST be done.

Quote Originally Posted by neokeymaster View Post
    I HAVE to try and get the game as perfect as possible, even it requires me to kill a boss 10 times my level with the ability to instant KO me, and then spending 6 hours running around the world for an item that is almost completely useless to me, but since itrs for perfection, it MUST be done.
    I'm a 100%-er.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

i have to keep my items stock (healing, restorative, ect...) up at multiples of 10... before i move onto any new area i level the main hero char or party leader up by multiples of 5... also i must make all chars, even mages, capabable of holding their own in physical combat, nothing worse than running out of SP only to find you have no Ether or other SP Restorative left in stock...

Blog Entries

My inventory has to be all clean and tidy. I'm a mess in real life

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

i have to get the best equipement at each town.
    i also have to check every door in every building, in games like Silent Hill where it shows on the map
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

I HATE using rare items such as elixirs in any battle other than the final boss. I always think I need to save them up for later, and then I end up fighting some pussy final boss with 15 elixirs and 5 megalixirs or w/e.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    I HATE using rare items such as elixirs in any battle other than the final boss. I always think I need to save them up for later, and then I end up fighting some pussy final boss with 15 elixirs and 5 megalixirs or w/e.
    Oh yeah, I always do that! I save all of my best items for the end, and then I just don't use them! I do throw all my weapons, though.