Thread: Kya Dark Lineage

Default Kya Dark Lineage

Has anyone ever heard of this game??

It's a great game that not everyone cares about or knows about , Kya: Dark Lineage (released as Kya: Fury of Brazul in Europe) is a third-person action-adventure game for the PlayStation 2, developed by Eden Games and published by Atari. The game is notable for being a markedly different style of game than Eden Games (producers of the V-Rally series of games) usually produces, as well as featuring a combat system which is much deeper than traditional platformers.
    Though initially set in the present, Kya: Dark Lineage begins by transporting the titular character Kya and her half-brother Frank into a strange new world. Kya finds herself separated from her brother, with the burden of protecting a friendly tribe of creatures called the Nativs from the predations of the evil overlord Brazul and his minions, the Wolfen.
    It has great graphics,unique fighting styles ,hilarious enemies.
    its only for the ps2

many critics say it reminds them of other games like the old zelda games.

I have really come to love this game, and i was very sad when i found out that there weren't going to be any sequels becuase it didn't sell well (under 2,000 copies were sold between 2003-2005, that's nothing compared to the final fantasy games)
    so i decided i wanted to do something about it so, i made a forum for it and i am trying to figure out ways to get the creators to change thier mind and make another kya dark lineage.

Has anyone ever played this game before?
    Kya Dark Lineage forum
    http://z7.invisionfree.com/Kya_Dark_Lineage
    Suikoden & chrono series forum
    http://s6.zetaboards.com/Suikocross/

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

A whole lot of hurt in a belly shirt. I somehow remember ads for this game.

A lot has changed since 2003 though, so I'm not particularly interested in giving it a shot. You should play more games...give Beyond Good & Evil a try. That one's actually getting a sequel too.

Beyond Good & Evil was kind of similar to Kya (except it got good reviews) and it also didn't sell much. BG&E is, however, getting a sequel despite poor sales of the original. There is a difference between Ubisoft making a pet project and Eden/Atari making a pet project. Maybe if Eden/Atari become super profitable again, they'll consider it. The best thing to do is keep buying Atari/Eden games while expressing interest in a new Kya. (Have you played Alone in the Dark? I'd be impressed if you were still a fan of Eden after that.)

I'd suggest sending them an e-mail, but I saw on your site that you sent an e-mail to them last year which already basically said they can't do it. Lovin' the game is fine, maintaining your fansite is cool. I think your efforts towards making a sequel happen would be better spent elsewhere.

i never saw that ad, i only saw a cool one in a magazine where it has kya, fighting wolfen. it's here http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...spot/kyaad.jpg .I have heard of it and it is a lame ad to the sound of it. but all becuase it has a bad ad doesn't mean it isn't good. oh and a cool one that you can see on the internet where this guy speedboards, forgot which site that was.

All becuase i didn't list any games i have played doesn't mean i have only played kya and final fantasy.

I've played Beyond Good & evil, it's a great game but i prefer kya dark lineage.

actually some places gave kya good reviews rarley though.

no i haven't played alone in the dark, i don't have a ps3 and it doesn't really interest me.

oh and here is a review i did on epinions.
    Adventure through a new and magical world! - Kya: Dark Lineage for PlayStation 2 - Epinions.com
    Last edited by hotspot; 12-20-2008 at 07:24 AM.
    Kya Dark Lineage forum
    http://z7.invisionfree.com/Kya_Dark_Lineage
    Suikoden & chrono series forum
    http://s6.zetaboards.com/Suikocross/

Yeah I remember this game from my OPM2 reading days. I still have a demo of the game on the shelf next to me. I always thought this game was a platformer than an action adventure but I never owned the game so its not my place to say. Actually all I really remember about this game was that it had a lot of free-falling sections.

If you are right about the game only selling 2,000 then that's pretty bad and makes me feel guilty that I never bought the game. Then again how can you blame me, 2003 had just too many games to choose from that I didn't have time for another cookie-cutter platformer.

Childhood game, loved it

Still no sequel tho