Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally, some screenshots actually worth looking at!

Default Finally, some screenshots actually worth looking at!

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/media/scans/v-jump/23.jpg
    http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/media/scans/v-jump/21.jpg
    http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/media/scans/v-jump/22.jpg

I can sort of see where they are going with the battle system although just a tiny clip of footage would help a ton. Still looks to be shaping up nicely.

Link to the article, not the images please or the game will never come out.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

V-Jump: New Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay Screenshots - Final Fantasy XIII: News, Trailers & Screens ~ Final Fantasy-XIII.net

Hope this helps.

Encounters look like a cross between Xenosaga and the original Chrono Trigger. Something I'm not going to complain about. The new girl seen in the TGS trailers finally has a name, Oerba Dia Vanille.

I'm still iffy on the battle system :P
    But I can't really judge what I haven't played...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Oerba, eh?

Whoever came up with that name deserves a medal.

(SPOILER)You know the sort - the kind which dissolve to form acid when you wear them in the shower.

I'll wait till I get something more tangible before I judge the battle system. Stay tuned folks.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Blog Entries

That looks suspiciously like a battle screen, but with warnings before you go bumping into enemies, perhaps CT style. REJOICE! Could this possibly be a compromise between the random battle hell of previous FFs and the dull "semi automated hack'n'slash"-cum-MMORPG style of World of Ivalice.

BTW, cross reference of Official Naming vs My Naming

Final Fantasy I = Final Fantasy I
    ... etc etc ...
    Final Fantasy X = Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2 = Final Fantasy X-2
    Final Fantasy XI = Final Fantasy XI (benefit of the doubt)
    Lost Odyssey = Final Fantasy XII
    Final Fantasy XII = World of Ivalice (or Squarecraft)

Hopefully FFXIII will be worthy of its official title this time. I'm certainly very excited for it so far, a lot more excited than I was at the XII scans, so that's a good sign.

Look, they even have the token Selphie/Rikku/DoCYuffie character.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post

Oh joy, whatever would we do if we didn't have the token "perky girl" who has appeared in the same damn 4 games under a different name. :rolleyes2

God knows my entire FF experience is ruined if I don't have the same party formula that has existed in half the franchise. :rolleyes2

Seriously though, I do not want the creators of XIII to make good on their claim of XIII being like X. We've had enough of that crappy game...
    Last edited by Wolf Kanno; 12-23-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Sereiously WTF?!

But I love X But I love you too, Kanno! Marriage is in order. Our differences will be like pleasant gravity.

The shots of the battle system are cool. I really can't wait to see it in action, get some real feel for it. I'm pretty accepting of the new systems as they come along. I'm sure I'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

Oh joy, whatever would we do if we didn't have the token "perky girl" who has appeared in the same damn 4 games under a different name. :rolleyes2

God knows my entire FF experience is ruined if I don't have the same party formula that has existed in half the franchise. :rolleyes2

Seriously though, I do not want the creators of XIII to make good on their claim of XIII being like X. We've had enough of that crappy game...

You pest... Final fantasy X was arguably the best final fantasy of all time... maybe on the same level as FF VII and FF IV... final fantasy X will live on forever.

You can argue as long as you want but the best games of the FF series are : FF I , FF II , FF III ,FF IV , FF V , FF VI , FF VII , FF VIII , FF IX , FF X & FF XII...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    But I love X But I love you too, Kanno! Marriage is in order. Our differences will be like pleasant gravity.

The shots of the battle system are cool. I really can't wait to see it in action, get some real feel for it. I'm pretty accepting of the new systems as they come along. I'm sure I'll like it.
    I'll marry you Noctiluca, but you must promise not to speak of X around me and in exchange I'll allow you to keep your secret shrine of Tidus If you mention Yuna, the marriage is off I'm afraid...

Quote Originally Posted by skillzboy4 View Post

You pest... Final fantasy X was arguably the best final fantasy of all time... maybe on the same level as FF VII and FF IV... final fantasy X will live on forever.
    Pest? I prefer the term "Professional Troll" thank you. *Hands business card then returns to his home under the bridge*

I don't consider X that great of a game and its still the only FF I learn to dislike more and more each time I play it. It just had so many flaws and was such a lackluster and boring game for me. To me, its the game that made SE lose its edge when it came to being on the forefront of what an RPG should be. Its still the weakest SE game for PS2 and weakest in the series for me.

Quote Originally Posted by trancekuja View Post
    You can argue as long as you want but the best games of the FF series are : FF I , FF II , FF III ,FF IV , FF V , FF VI , FF VII , FF VIII , FF IX , FF X & FF XII...
    This man speaks the truth... somewhat... knock X out and replace it with XI and we'll talk.

^^^^^^ hahaah...

Sqaure soft became Square Enix on April 1, 2003... and let's see hmm.. Final fantasy X was released in 2001??.. do your research before you start talking.. and i'll end it here.. as for final fantasy XIII scans look great... i hope it does end up being like X.
    Last edited by skillzboy4; 12-23-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Wait...they said that...? OH MY GOD THIS GAME JUST GOT A MILLION TIMES COOLER FOR ME

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Might be cool. At least it now looks less like a sequel to The Matrix. Those old pictures really scared me.