Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I just viewed this film yesterday and I have to say that it's as good as The Dark Knight if not better. In case you didn't know about this movie it stars Brad Pitt and it's about the tale of an old man who gets younger by the years, not older. I don't want to reveal so much as it being such a great movie, but it's a uniquely and beautifully told story. One of the things you should be prepared for when you go to see this is the length of the movie. I watched at 3:00 and it ended at 6:00. The movie doesn't feel like it's dragged on, but I did feel a little sleepy, but that was out of fatigue not boredom. Just one minor issue I had with the story involving the ending was (SPOILER)that Benjamin button's age reversal grew to him becoming a child and an infant again. At the beginning of the movie he was a baby and I took it as he was just simply a child with overaged physical qualities as it showed in the movie when he was seven he had the height of a seven year old child, but just with the qualities of a 70 year old man. His personality also matched his true age, so it didn't make sense to me when he grew older at the age of 50 and beyond he shrunk and eventually became a baby. I would have thought that after he reached a certain stage like the body of a 20 year old that he had, he would just stop aging and I also wonder, when he became an infant how did he grew younger from there?All in all it was still a fantastic movie that you should see. I give it a glorious 10/10.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 12-28-2008 at 11:26 PM.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been meaning to see this!

Oprah told me I was supposed to see this movie.

If it's 3 hours long, I'll be skipping it, though. I have a limited attention span when it comes to movies. When it comes out on disc, I can rent it and use pause!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I might be able to handle it. It looks interesting. Though I'm skeptical about it being better than The Dark Knight.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's alright, but very awkward at times.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

So if it’s not better than The Dark Knight then it’s better? That’s not much of a choice, bud. I do kind of understand what you’re doing there, but I think you need more practice. I used to do it to folks back in college... we had a little gambling circuit in which I would always win. The trick was smoothing it out so it didn’t look like I was winning all the time—and in a way, I wasn’t. Do you know what I mean? You see, most people would just go a round at a time, whereas I played the game several steps ahead—you know, like how some people play chess... ’cept I don’t play chess. Anyway, it’s a bit too complicated to explain in great detail here, so I’ll save that story for another day.

Anyways, as far as the movie goes I’d say it looks interesting. I doubt I’ll see it though, since I was lucky enough to catch something pretty much identical on America’s Funniest Home Videos a few years back. So we’ll see how it goes.

I saw it for my birthday and it was quite a good flick I felt it moved a bit slow at first and then it immediately picked up too quickly. overall 9/10

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

i want to see this film so bad

This was a great movie. Made me shed a tear and I NEVER cry to movies.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Watched it.

It wasn't that great. They zoomed right past the most interesting part of Benjamin Button's story. And really. Brad Pitt is never gonna win himself any awards for acting, even though he lodges himself right in the middle of an Oscar bait film.

It looks cute. I'll see it when it comes out on DVD probably, not in the theater. Mostly I want to see why it cost $150 million to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Watched it.

It wasn't that great. They zoomed right past the most interesting part of Benjamin Button's story. And really. Brad Pitt is never gonna win himself any awards for acting, even though he lodges himself right in the middle of an Oscar bait film.
    He has won awards for acting. Just not Oscars.

As for the film, it was pretty good. Definitely one of the better films I've seen this year. It sort of falls apart during that third hour though. Its all very beautiful and sad up until then, but then it just sort of starts to get dull. Still, its worth seeing.

Watched it.

My thoughts exactly
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer View Post
    Watched it.

He has won awards for acting. Just not Oscars.
    Oscars and SAG are the only acting awards that really matter.