Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy VI!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy VI!

Edit by Mulley: I didn't save any of this stuff, so I'm rewriting it all by hand and my fingers are bloody stumps from typing all of this out again. I hope you're happy. I blame rubah and her committee!

Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy VI

Platnium Star Challenges
    All characters max two stats (128)

Gold Star Challenges
    CES Challenge - Beat the game obtaining only Celes, Edgar and Setzer
    Natural Magic Only Challenge - Never equip any espers so only Terra and Celes have magic. Any magic learned from equipment is off-limits too.
    Fill Gau's Rage List - There are well over 200
    All characters level 99 and all magic learned (except Gogo and Umaro)
    All characters all stats 75 or above (minus Gogo and Umaro)
    Beat the Dragon's Den - GBA version only

Silver Star Challenges
    Beat the game - Plain vanilla playthrough
    Fill Strago's Lore List - 24 enemy skill to be had
    Full Bestiary - GBA version only
    Obtain the Paladin Shield - 256 battles? Bring it on!
    Defeat Chupon in the Coliseum - Can this be done?
    All characters all stats 65 or above (minus Gogo and Umaro)
    All characters level 99 Endlessly wandering the Dinosaur Forest
    All characters all magic learned (minus Gogo and Umaro)
    Beat the game with a party of imps In the final battle with Kefka, only Imps can partake in the final battle. If a non-imp'ed character replaces an imp, you fail the challenge.
    Magic-Only You can only use Magic or Run(except during Sabin's scenario and before you find Celes during Locke's scenario).

Don't use the Vanish + X-Zone/Doom cheat. If you do you're a wuss. It's not like this game is hard to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar the wise and wonderful
    Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy Fanatsy VI Rules
    1. When you begin the game, please post a digital camera picture or a screenshot in this thread of your game that has your party clearly visible on the screen. You MUST do this to be eligible for participation in the Challenges; we have to be able to see the names, classes, etc. of your party so we can compare it to your finishing party, and make sure you don't just stick in a memory card or load up a save state without putting in the effort.
    2. That's right, you must also post a picture from the END of the game in this thread with your same party being displayed. This way we can confirm whether or not you met the criteria for any/all of the challenges: what level your party is, what class they are, etc.
    3. You CAN play the game on an emulator, and you CAN give us a screenshot of that. Just don't go talking about where you got the rom, mmkay? ADDENDUM: Also, don't go using frameskip on us. That's weaksauce.
    4. You can achieve as many challenges as you want, and yes, you will be able to show off your winnings in some manner once this event is over.
    MS Paint Contest
    An MS Paint contest will be starting next week. Stay tuned for that thread.

my pix!

That's a weird image. What version are you playing?

Also I lost my post, I need volunteers of people to star in my playthrough.
    This space intentionally left blank.

it's French, bitch.

I'll probably play through the GBA version eventually.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

gba version

AUGH

I just played through the damn game, completely unaware that this was happening.
    I would totally do this if I didn't just beat it. I'm out until FF8, I guess.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I just completed the game, so I'm not much in the mood to do it again. But FFVI is my favourite, so I'll give it my best shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'd love to play through the GBA version again, but I'm enjoying the larger battle screen backgrounds and nostalgia from playing the SNES version.
    Figaro Castle

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd like to do the event but I have no way of showing my screenshots so I can't exactly partake for real. Still, I may just play through it and help anyone who is stuck. Why no "Collect 1 of every item" challenge? Its possible in the GBA version, since the game allows you to save after finishing it with all equipment... and since you can steal the Ragnarok and Ultima Weapon from the Dreamer and Angel...

Stupid server barf. And then me being gone for three days.

If I recall correctly, I just got the Falcon airship. I'll continue playing in a bit!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I shall take part in this one. Sadly missed out on FFV due to not having enough time to commit to it. I will, however, take part in this one properly. I have a habit of gaming when I'm watching telly on the iPlayer anyway, so I'm sure I'll watch enough telly in January to take part in this. I probably won't start until I get back to York on Friday though.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

hahaha now i have to wait until i can get to an adequate (not broken) power adapter for my laptop to resume playing. Dell fail. ^_^

Blog Entries

I was told to share this:

Other party members include Jesse and Tama! As I go through the game, I will be in #eoff and the first to perk up as I come across new characters will have the characters name after themselves! WILL YOU BE THERE WHEN I AM?!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I actually have pictures this time! Yes, I'm using an emulator. No, I won't say where I got it.

Here is my Start Picture.

We have a name for our wonderful first character. It's our own Lucky! Too bad thats all we know so far.

Lucky wanted to take a walk in some caves and fell down or something. Lucky for Lucky, some random guy came with stuffed animals.

After one of the stuffed animals danced and threw the evil guard into another dimension. (XD Snare) Our friend ditched them and ran off with an unconscious Lucky. You can imagine what she said when she came to.

I'd be speechless too. The man doesn't tell his name yet, and the party raids a newbie house for treasure and Goes to South Figaro. They arrive to find...

Our nameless man refused to ask for directions and took the party here. Silly, Figaro is in that big desert, not the forest!

Will This man ever tell Lucky his name. Will they ever reach Figaro? What happened to the stuffed animals. Stay tuned to qwerty's Eyes on Plays FF VI to find out!
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 01-04-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Is Visual Boy Advance the best GBA emulator? Maybe I'll unlazy myself enough to play this again if I know which GBA emulator to use.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

We return to find Lucky following the person who gets lost. After fighting off Desert Sting ray swarms, they finally arrive at the Castle. What happens Next? I'm writing commentary in Red now. Stands ou more XD

This has to be Figaro for sure. I've looked everywhere else for it! So the nice guard lets us in and we do some exploring. First we find a creepy old guy who smells of old ketchup.

O.o Anyway, we run away from him and his odd message to the other side. There we find a prison. Weird. Anyway,

Our unknown hero kinda is a thief, so what happens here?

RUN TO THE HILLS!!! After he comes to his senses that he's a treasure hunter, we go see the majestic, the marvolous, and magnificant!!!

Yar-Yars!!!! <3 Yay. He is so nice. He lets Lucky look all around his house. Lucky chats with some old lady after taking a nap.

who is this Gobo she speaks of? Shaking it off, Lucky loots the castle.

What. Yars said he could, sort of.

Lady's like the shiny treasure.

After looting, Yars gets a guest who doesn't like sunny days.

This won't do at all. So they have some tea and crumpits, then yars asks the left guard for advice.

Big help, what a moron =/ Yars goes off to watch TV while Lucky goes to her room.

While there, Lucky reveals a shocking secret.

Our guys name! It's Sagensyg! There is one correction though.

Caps locks makes it true!

While they have fun, Kefka is Baaack, with Fire!. Yars turns to his trusty guard.

Then promptly FIRES him <--Bad pun (The moron deserves it though) The castle is actually a mole thingy and goes poof, then Battle. Of course, the enemies are confused and face the wrong way ^_^. Then we have this scene.

I forgot my cookie, also *whisper*

! Stuttering makes it important too! Saggers and Yars then have an idea, to go to a cave. They plan it right there too.

The robots get bored and DIAF, then our heroes run right by Kefka. The chocobos were willed there my pixies.

Naturally he doesn't take that standing up at all. He Jumps!

Our heros then go for that cave, with Sagensyg giving out the directions.

...wrong way again Sagensyg -_-

Is that Gobo?

Will Sagensyg ever break the habit of going to that random stable? Just who is this Gobo person? Find out next time on qwerty's plays FF VI!