Thread: Final Dungeon Parties

Blog Entries

Default Final Dungeon Parties

How did you group the parties for the final dungeon?
    Being the sentimental sod that I am I grouped them acording to plot lines.

Group 1 - Terra, Celes, Locke, Stezer
    Group 2 - Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Gau
    Group 3 - Relm, Strago, Shadow, Mog
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Group 1 - Terra, Sabin, Edgar, Gogo
    Group 2 - Mog, Cyan, Relm, Strago
    Group 3 - Locke, Celes, Setzer, Umaro

I didn't like Gau, and I left Shadow to die on the floating continent (for which I forever regretted, I had no idea you were supposed to wait for him. It always makes me laugh when I remember the game asked "Would you like to wait?" and I shouted at it "What the hell would I wait for?!").

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like to mix it up every time and change my parties. I always have Relm and Strago in the same party though, because I like to get as many of his Lores as I can.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mine is similar to blackmage_nuke's

Team 1: Hero's plus one party!
    Terra, Celes, Locke, and Shadow.

It focuses on magic but has Locke and Shadow there to balance them out. High-end equipment like the Atma/Ultima weapon as well as Lightbringer/Illumina are used to make the team all around good. The team is about overwhelming power.

Team 2: We don't need smurfing magic!
    Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, and Setzer

Focusing on abusing class abilites as well as some fun relic customization. The Figaro Bros. and Cyan do their thing while Setzer is fixed up with the Master Scroll/ Offering and Genji gloves with his Fix Dice to create a melee monster. A real fun party.

Team 3: The Unusual Suspects party!
    Mog, Strago, Relm, and mystery member.

Using the more interesting characters, Mog with his Earth Dance is quite powerful in here, if you can get the Water Rondo to work he's even better. Strago's blue adds a bit diversity in magic and acts as a healer with White Wind and Mighty Guard. Relm is the parties main magic offense with her high magic stat. Her Control ability also eases more desperate battles. The last party member always changes.

Gogo, is basically a back up mage and with the Tool or Blitz command as a support skill he can round out the team.

Umaro, offers some much needed physical offense to the team. He's also just fun to watch when he does max damage by throwing moogles, children and senior citizen's into the enemies.

Gau, offers a lot of diversity and is very powerful but requires a keen knowledge of monsters and quick fingers to get him to the desired Rage ability (I never play on Wait mode). Probably the most broken choice. Gau is my usual choice for the Unusual team.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    How did you group the parties for the final dungeon?
    Being the sentimental sod that I am I grouped them acording to plot lines.
    Lol me too.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage
    Group 1 - Terra, Celes, Locke, Stezer
    Group 2 - Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Gau
    Group 3 - Relm, Strago, Shadow, Mog
    That is fairly similar to what I plan to do (I haven't completed it yet, I decided to take a breather from the game for a while.)

My group 2 is the same as yours. I wanted the brothers together. I found Cyan always works well with Sabin as some of the Blitz's last long enough for Cyan to use Swd Tech 4-8. Then I thought well with Sabin and Cyan on the same team I might as well complete the "Mr. Thou" group and add Gau. The only problem with it is that by having Edgar, Sabin and Gau on the same team it's almost too good!

I am going to leave Gogo and Umrao on the ship as they add nothing to the plot at all.

Then I decided to split up Celes and Terra to lead teams 1 and 3. I wanted to keep the love birds together so had Locke go on Celes' team. I want Setzer on Terra's team for some reason and Shadow and Relm have to go together too. I also wanted to split Strago and Relm up for the final dungeon as they aren't very good atm on my party. I put Strago with Celes and Locke but I don't know how good they'll be, so Mog and his Moggle charm can go with them just in case they suck lol.

So my final teams look like this;

1. Celes, Locke, Strago, Mog
    2. Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Gau
    3. Terra, Setzer, Relm, Shadow

Blog Entries

It was rather convenient that I got Shadow, Relm and Strago in the same party with Mog as theyre not very good at random encounters but are very handy in boss fights. So i just let them use the moogle charm for thier path.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've never had specific groupings. I place characters in parties to cover all of the "basics". Thus at least one member that knows Life2, at least one fighter, at least one magic user with Ultima, etc...
    Figaro Castle