Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 161

Thread: EOFF is pathetic

  1. #76
    Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,134
    Articles
    39
    Blog Entries
    1
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    At least the Event Committee is putting things together

  2. #77
    I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    10,804
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Instead of all this community crap you guys could also just realize that it's not only EoFF that has been going downhill, but the entire FF-series. I mean cm'on, like there has even been a good one made since FFX, and that one was only so-so.

    The truth is that we don't get any good newbies anymore, because smart intelligent people don't play that offline MMORPG crap Square has been putting out lately.

    The old-timers that started it all with FF1-6 are either admin, CK, site staff or gone and the jolly rest of us is living off the ps1 generation.

    Just the fact that this thread is the most active on EoFF says enough, doesn't it?


  3. #78
    One Hundred Chimneys Tavrobel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Conjunction Junction
    Posts
    10,455
    Articles
    102
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Actually, the Event Committee has a grand total of one thing organized and submitted so far.

    That's the same as the number of things that the Fonz has done.

    That's the same number of things Mullet has done, as long as you put a negative sign in front.

    But, if any of you bothered to check the front page, you'll see a bloody list of things that Baloki has done. Shame on all of you. You're doing less work than Baloki. May God have mercy on your childrens' souls.

  4. #79
    Fragaria addict Momiji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On top of this frustrating world
    Posts
    10,533
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Actually, the Event Committee has a grand total of one thing organized and submitted so far.
    There's plenty of stuff in the works right now, though.

  5. #80
    GO! use leech seed! qwertysaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    11,439
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Actually, the Event Committee has a grand total of one thing organized and submitted so far.
    There's plenty of stuff in the works right now, though.
    Yeah, Just because it's not submitted doesn't mean we don't have hem organized. Were playing date tetris on where to find the best time for each event.

  6. #81
    dizzy up the girl Rye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    a tiny boot
    Posts
    24,892
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    3
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Yup! January didn't really have much planned, but now that we have quite a few members, February already has about 10 things for various forums being polished up so we can put it in the calender and have it ready happening.


  7. #82
    One Hundred Chimneys Tavrobel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Conjunction Junction
    Posts
    10,455
    Articles
    102
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Yup! January didn't really have much planned, but now that we have quite a few members, February already has about 10 things for various forums being polished up so we can put it in the calender and have it ready happening.
    Hop to it, then, once everything is on the plate.

  8. #83
    Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Napping in a peach tree.
    Posts
    19,180
    Articles
    6
    Blog Entries
    7
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    That's the same number of things Mullet has done, as long as you put a negative sign in front.
    And I'm just getting started. :chef:
    Figaro Castle

  9. #84
    Wakanda Forever Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Warrior Falls
    Posts
    5,833
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Instead of all this community crap you guys could also just realize that it's not only EoFF that has been going downhill, but the entire FF-series. I mean cm'on, like there has even been a good one made since FFX, and that one was only so-so.

    The truth is that we don't get any good newbies anymore, because smart intelligent people don't play that offline MMORPG crap Square has been putting out lately.

    The old-timers that started it all with FF1-6 are either admin, CK, site staff or gone and the jolly rest of us is living off the ps1 generation.

    Just the fact that this thread is the most active on EoFF says enough, doesn't it?
    I disagree that the games are going downhill, X was great along with XII although in a different way. You can spend over 200 hours trying to do every extra task and getting every single ultimate weapon and esper. I primarily think it;'s because a lot of the older members are probably more tied up with work and/or school and then most of the new members that you would have to rely on will be teenagers and with the current generation of teens, they've mostly been exposed to the PS2 and next gen era which only leaves them with Final Fantasy's X, X-2, XI, and XII. I didn't include spin offs because the biggest hits are the ones that will hook most of the demographic and Crystal Chronicles, Dirge of Cerberus, and the Chocobo games aren't even that popular even in the FF fanbase. A little bit is square's fault as it always takes them forever to release their next entry in the series.

  10. #85

    Default

    I looked at the corporate version of the decline - and then I also noted that 2006 was the most active year of Future Esthar's career. You want those numbers up - encourage the man.

    (And if you think I'm being ridiculous, here's exhibit A: http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...-year-ff8.html
    At least half of the posts for the month came from this alone)

  11. #86
    Beautiful Elf Boy Madame Adequate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kirkwall
    Posts
    23,296

    FFXIV Character

    Cadyna Lightpike (Coeurl)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    EoFF has gone the way of FF.

    Oh snap!
    I lol'd at this but

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Instead of all this community crap you guys could also just realize that it's not only EoFF that has been going downhill, but the entire FF-series. I mean cm'on, like there has even been a good one made since FFX, and that one was only so-so.

    The truth is that we don't get any good newbies anymore, because smart intelligent people don't play that offline MMORPG crap Square has been putting out lately.

    The old-timers that started it all with FF1-6 are either admin, CK, site staff or gone and the jolly rest of us is living off the ps1 generation.

    Just the fact that this thread is the most active on EoFF says enough, doesn't it?
    I do think it's part of the problem. I really don't remember the last time I went into an actual FF subforum. I don't scroll down on the main forum page, there's nothing there to see. Even FFX has been out for about seven years now, how much more talking about it can we do? People aren't searching for an FF forum to join, so we're not even replacing those inevitably lost to attrition. Also, the big name releases have been rare recently, far slower than, say, the PS1 era (We had what, four new FFs between 1996 and 2001?).

  12. #87
    Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Napping in a peach tree.
    Posts
    19,180
    Articles
    6
    Blog Entries
    7
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

    Default

    What do you people mean there's no reason to scroll past the general section? Eyes on Final Fantasy VI is going on for crying out loud!
    Figaro Castle

  13. #88
    Beautiful Elf Boy Madame Adequate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kirkwall
    Posts
    23,296

    FFXIV Character

    Cadyna Lightpike (Coeurl)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    I oughta rephrase: Nothing I'm personally interested in. Now okay, I'm just one (dashing, fantastic, gorgeous) member, but I would put money down that I'm not the only one

    Maybe when Eyes on FFVII starts up though...

  14. #89
    Feel the Bern Del Murder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    40,797
    Articles
    6
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Eyes on FFVII is going to be EPIC. I guarantee it.

    Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

  15. #90
    Beautiful Elf Boy Madame Adequate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kirkwall
    Posts
    23,296

    FFXIV Character

    Cadyna Lightpike (Coeurl)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Is it gonna be full of talk of how VI was superior? And only IX is good since then?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •