Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

At least the Event Committee is putting things together

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Instead of all this community crap you guys could also just realize that it's not only EoFF that has been going downhill, but the entire FF-series. I mean cm'on, like there has even been a good one made since FFX, and that one was only so-so.

The truth is that we don't get any good newbies anymore, because smart intelligent people don't play that offline MMORPG crap Square has been putting out lately.

The old-timers that started it all with FF1-6 are either admin, CK, site staff or gone and the jolly rest of us is living off the ps1 generation.

Just the fact that this thread is the most active on EoFF says enough, doesn't it?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Actually, the Event Committee has a grand total of one thing organized and submitted so far.

That's the same as the number of things that the Fonz has done.

That's the same number of things Mullet has done, as long as you put a negative sign in front.

But, if any of you bothered to check the front page, you'll see a bloody list of things that Baloki has done. Shame on all of you. You're doing less work than Baloki. May God have mercy on your childrens' souls.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Actually, the Event Committee has a grand total of one thing organized and submitted so far.
    There's plenty of stuff in the works right now, though.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    There's plenty of stuff in the works right now, though.
    Yeah, Just because it's not submitted doesn't mean we don't have hem organized. Were playing date tetris on where to find the best time for each event.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yup! January didn't really have much planned, but now that we have quite a few members, February already has about 10 things for various forums being polished up so we can put it in the calender and have it ready happening.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Yup! January didn't really have much planned, but now that we have quite a few members, February already has about 10 things for various forums being polished up so we can put it in the calender and have it ready happening.
    Hop to it, then, once everything is on the plate.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That's the same number of things Mullet has done, as long as you put a negative sign in front.
    And I'm just getting started. :chef:
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Instead of all this community crap you guys could also just realize that it's not only EoFF that has been going downhill, but the entire FF-series. I mean cm'on, like there has even been a good one made since FFX, and that one was only so-so.

The truth is that we don't get any good newbies anymore, because smart intelligent people don't play that offline MMORPG crap Square has been putting out lately.

The old-timers that started it all with FF1-6 are either admin, CK, site staff or gone and the jolly rest of us is living off the ps1 generation.

Just the fact that this thread is the most active on EoFF says enough, doesn't it?
    I disagree that the games are going downhill, X was great along with XII although in a different way. You can spend over 200 hours trying to do every extra task and getting every single ultimate weapon and esper. I primarily think it;'s because a lot of the older members are probably more tied up with work and/or school and then most of the new members that you would have to rely on will be teenagers and with the current generation of teens, they've mostly been exposed to the PS2 and next gen era which only leaves them with Final Fantasy's X, X-2, XI, and XII. I didn't include spin offs because the biggest hits are the ones that will hook most of the demographic and Crystal Chronicles, Dirge of Cerberus, and the Chocobo games aren't even that popular even in the FF fanbase. A little bit is square's fault as it always takes them forever to release their next entry in the series.

I looked at the corporate version of the decline - and then I also noted that 2006 was the most active year of Future Esthar's career. You want those numbers up - encourage the man.

(And if you think I'm being ridiculous, here's exhibit A: http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...-year-ff8.html
    At least half of the posts for the month came from this alone)

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    EoFF has gone the way of FF.

Oh snap!
    I lol'd at this but

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post

I do think it's part of the problem. I really don't remember the last time I went into an actual FF subforum. I don't scroll down on the main forum page, there's nothing there to see. Even FFX has been out for about seven years now, how much more talking about it can we do? People aren't searching for an FF forum to join, so we're not even replacing those inevitably lost to attrition. Also, the big name releases have been rare recently, far slower than, say, the PS1 era (We had what, four new FFs between 1996 and 2001?).

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What do you people mean there's no reason to scroll past the general section? Eyes on Final Fantasy VI is going on for crying out loud!
    Figaro Castle

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I oughta rephrase: Nothing I'm personally interested in. Now okay, I'm just one (dashing, fantastic, gorgeous) member, but I would put money down that I'm not the only one

Maybe when Eyes on FFVII starts up though...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Eyes on FFVII is going to be EPIC. I guarantee it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is it gonna be full of talk of how VI was superior? And only IX is good since then?