Thread: EoFF plays trivia! FFVI style

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm passing cause I didn't understand the question until I read some answers. xD

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Ditto x)

I genuinely have no idea what the answer is.

(SPOILER)Well you only need to have Celes, Edgar and Setzer. But having two full parties? Hmmm.

Celes
    Edgar
    Setzer
    Sabin
    Mog
    Gau
    Cyan
    Gogo

I think you can get them without fighting bosses. Not sure though, I didn't fully grasp the question lol. If you want to steal you could just go with Gogo and avoid the Phoenix cave.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The correct answer is Celes, Edgar and Setzer and any of the following characters:
    Sabin
    Gau
    Cyan
    Mog
    Gogo
    Each of these 5 characters have no bosses needed to battle to get them, but they are all optional to get in the WOR. All the other characters have a boss fight or two that must be defeated before they join you.
    3 points for Del Murder, Flying Mullet, Denmark and The Turk. Also thanks for being honest about looking at the answers Jiro and Berry, it means a lot to me If you have any confusion over a question, just ask. If your lucky I'll be able to respond in time and you get give an answer.

Question 6
    Help! I got the Ragnarok Sword instead of the esper in Narshe and now I want to learn Ultima! What are all the other ways you can learn
    the powerful Ultima Spell?

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

(SPOILER)Make with the Paladin Shield which you get from fighting 400 battles with the cursed shield equipped. You get the cursed shield in the coliseum or something idk.

There is also another esper I think but I am not sure.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

(SPOILER)Paladin shield lets you learn Ultima. Get the Cursed shield from the dude in Narshe and fight 255 battles with it equipped. But you said ways plural so I'm guessing something else gives it to you. So I'll take a guess and say Illumina sword gives it. You get that by betting the Ragnarok sword in the coliseum.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

(SPOILER)Paladin Shield is the only other way to get Ultima. Error in the wording of your question!

Oh and you get the Paladin Shield by fighting 256 battles with the Cursed Shield equipped. You can get the Cursed Shield in Narshe in the World of Ruin. It teaches Ultima x1.

(SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora
    Help! I got the Ragnarok Sword instead of the esper in Narshe and now I want to learn Ultima! What are all the other ways you can learn
    the powerful Ultima Spell?
    I honestly cannot remember how to do it, but I know it's a pain in the ass! Just load your game and pick the esper! I'm serious, it's not worth your time trying to learn Ultima any other way!

Hmmm, if I recall you have to steal something from someone and then keep betting that something at the Collisieum to get something else, which you then bet to get something better... I think it may have something to do with a shield.... a rangarok/curse shield that you can uncurse by fighting lots....lol, I'm not sure. I never do it, I usually just go without the spell.

Okay I don't know! I've never got ultima any other way.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

(SPOILER)The Paladin/Hero Shield lets any character learn Ultima, and Terra learns it automatically at level 99 I believe

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Full answer is either getting the paladin shield by uncurseing the Cursed Shield, or leveling Terra to 99 where she learns it naturally. To get the first point you must mention Paladin Shield and Cursed Shield. 1 point for Scrumpleberry, Del Murder and Denmark. Jiro gets 2 points for also mentioning Terra learning it naturally. And as a note, I always get the esper, just a little extra addition to the question.

Question #7
    In the WOB what is the item you can get instead of getting Mog during the encounter with Lone Wolf atop the mountain?

(SPOILER)I know that one! It's a gold hairpin! It's not even that useful a rellic so I don't know why Wolf made such a big fuss about it. I love that part of the game though, Lone Wolf is a legend!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

(SPOILER)gold hairpin

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

(SPOILER)Gold Hairpin.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

(SPOILER) Gold Hairpin. It may or may not be called Golden Hairpin in one of the games, but I'm just guessing

I haven't been paying attention to this, but doesn't Terra learn Ultima at level 98? Ultima's kind of pointless at such a high level though because any number of other spells will do just as much damage for less MP (though then again, the super-effectiveness of Osmose makes MP usage pretty much irrelevant as well).

oh and (SPOILER)Gold Hairpin
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)