Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Release Date Update!

Yikes, and I thought this Us and Them stuff was over with.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

dear gawd. I have to wait this long for a game that might suck as much as FF12? I'll probably be dead by the time FFXIV comes out.

They should go back to cranking them out as quickly as FFVII to FFX. 4 main series games in 5 years.

Damn...I don't even want to think about date of European release...We Euro scum are always last to get it! Smurfin' Japan has all the fun...

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    Although the hotly anticipated RPG from Square Enix will be released in Japan this year, the rest of the world will have to wait until Square Enix's business year after next, president Yoichi Wada stated today. That means the global release of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII won't happen until at least April 2010.
    Gee,thanks microsoft.:rolleyes2
    Customer service if ever I saw it
    So, you're saying that it's good company policy to completely screw over a fan-base that has stayed loyal to Final Fantasy throughout the past 20 years, just so you can allow people who didn't care about the franchise to begin with, to play the game on a 360? Because we ALL know that if you TRULY cared about Final Fantasy, you would've bought a PS3.

Oh well, I'm going to be looking to get an international version, or anything that keeps the japanese voices but has english subtitles.
    Sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    I bought a gameinformer... cause well yeah I'm a gamer and a journalism geek put them together.... magazine...
    Calling what's inside a Game Informer magazine journalism is a stretch.

Although the hotly anticipated RPG from Square Enix will be released in Japan this year, the rest of the world will have to wait until Square Enix's business year after next, president Yoichi Wada stated today. That means the global release of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII won't happen until at least April 2010.
    So, you're saying that it's good company policy to completely screw over a fan-base that has stayed loyal to Final Fantasy throughout the past 20 years, just so you can allow people who didn't care about the franchise to begin with, to play the game on a 360? Because we ALL know that if you TRULY cared about Final Fantasy, you would've bought a PS3.

Oh well, I'm going to be looking to get an international version, or anything that keeps the japanese voices but has english subtitles.
    Sarcasm.
    The heart icon threw me off.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

The Advent Children Complete + FFXIII Demo has a release date of 4/16. Pre-Orders are available now. I've got mine pre-ordered on Play-Asia.com

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Even some loyal PS2 players (such as I) have migrated to the 360. I care about the franchise, I've played all the main series games, yet the game would be unavailable to me unless it came out on the 360.

I don't have to buy a PS3 to stay "loyal" to the Final Fantasy franchise, especially considering how grossly overpriced it was at the beginning of the new generation consoles compared to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I don't have to buy a PS3 to stay "loyal" to the Final Fantasy franchise, especially considering how grossly overpriced it was at the beginning of the new generation consoles compared to the others.
    Not to mention the fact that Final Fantasy started off on Nintendo, and are still being made for Nintendo (see Final Fantasy III/IV DS and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles); it doesn't need to stay on one console, and it's ludicrous to say that you'd have to be 'loyal' to one.

However, I have yet to make the jump into the next generation (discluding my girlfriend's Wii). So it is undecided whether I'll end up with a PS3 or an Xbox360. And I don't even have a Blu-Ray player yet (got the HDTV), so I am not sure I'll even bother pre-ordering Advent Children.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Gilghamut View Post
    The Advent Children Complete + FFXIII Demo has a release date of 4/16. Pre-Orders are available now. I've got mine pre-ordered on Play-Asia.com
    Me too!
    Although my PS3 will probably not be able to play the movie...

Me too!
    Actually, we might be able to. According to this Blu-ray Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If you live in America, like I do, we share the same Blu-Ray movie region with Japan, so we should be able to watch Advent Children Complete (JPN version). We'll know for sure come April.

Me too!
    Actually, we might be able to. According to this Blu-ray Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If you live in America, like I do, we share the same Blu-Ray movie region with Japan, so we should be able to watch Advent Children Complete (JPN version). We'll know for sure come April.
    I live in Europe...
    My only hope is the movie to be region free but i'm not holding my breath.Frankly i ordered it mostly for the demo.I know it's stupid of me to pay that kind of money just for that but i couldn't resist.
    Evil Square-Enix!!

Ah, that sucks. According to Wikipedia, Europe doesn't fall under the same region as Japan and North America, so the imported Advent Children won't play then. But the demo should be fine. I couldn't resist either, waiting over a year for a possible translated demo+the actual full game. Couldn't stop myself. I don't think it's stupid to get a taste of what's to come.
    Last edited by Gilghamut; 01-22-2009 at 06:28 AM.

Meh, maybe by the time it comes out Square will have convinced me that it's worth caring about.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

(The Advent Children Complete + FFXIII Demo has a release date of 4/16. Pre-Orders are available now. I've got mine pre-ordered on Play-Asia.com)

how much its cost
    i want to buy one.
    Last edited by alice.thomas222; 06-26-2010 at 09:41 AM.