Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Release Date Update!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Release Date Update!

Oie so I bought a gameinformer... cause well yeah I'm a gamer and a journalism geek put them together.... magazine...

Quote Originally Posted by Gameinformer
    Final Fantasy XIII Release Update

We're hearing that the release date for Final Fantasy XIII is starting to come into view. Square Enix plans to bring the game out in Japan during the 2009 holiday season, with a U.S. release sometime in 2010. This could be as early as summer 2010 or as late as holiday 2010.
    It wont be too long seeing as it's 2009 now! Hopefully we'll get more info soon on the release date but that's what I got now.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I want it sooner. But hopefully they will take the proper time to make it amazing!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2010 doesn't seem that far off. I may be more interested once its released in Japan and we get flooded with info.

Hmmm....2010, eh? I'll seriously think of importing if that ends up being true. And no, I don't know how to read Japanese.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Oh well...the longer it takes for Versus to come out, the longer I have to save for a PS3

Perfect timing. By that time I should have enough money to buy a PS3. Yay!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

But I want it nooooooow! *whines*

It's probably the only game I'll ever have for 360 other than the Rock Bands.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

GODDAMN JAPS

Although the hotly anticipated RPG from Square Enix will be released in Japan this year, the rest of the world will have to wait until Square Enix's business year after next, president Yoichi Wada stated today. That means the global release of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII won't happen until at least April 2010.
    Gee,thanks microsoft.:rolleyes2

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    Although the hotly anticipated RPG from Square Enix will be released in Japan this year, the rest of the world will have to wait until Square Enix's business year after next, president Yoichi Wada stated today. That means the global release of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII won't happen until at least April 2010.
    Customer service if ever I saw it

I'll probably get the Japanese version, I'm taking Japanese classes now so I'll be able to read a bit by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    Customer service if ever I saw it
    So, you're saying that it's good company policy to completely screw over a fan-base that has stayed loyal to Final Fantasy throughout the past 20 years, just so you can allow people who didn't care about the franchise to begin with, to play the game on a 360? Because we ALL know that if you TRULY cared about Final Fantasy, you would've bought a PS3.

Oh well, I'm going to be looking to get an international version, or anything that keeps the japanese voices but has english subtitles.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

This is terrible news! Delayed until 2010, what?!

I long for the days when they used to release one every year or every two years. You may argue that you're waiting for a better game rather than a rushed one but VII, VIII, IX and X came out roughly within a year of each other and on the whole they delivered and imo the worst FF, XII, was the one that we had to wait the longest for.

What they should have done was release this on the PS3 as planned and delayed the 360 version. Xbox owners wouldn't have minded the wait as it was only recently that the game was announced for their console. So rather than be annoyed at waiting longer they would still be rubbing the fact they are getting the game too in Playstation 3 owners face's.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    What they should have done was release this on the PS3 as planned and delayed the 360 version. Xbox owners wouldn't have minded the wait as it was only recently that the game was announced for their console. So rather than be annoyed at waiting longer they would still be rubbing the fact they are getting the game too in Playstation 3 owners face's.
    The Microsoft deal probably wasn't only about FFXIII coming to 360 but also about the game being released at the same date on both 360 and PS3 in the west.If they have offered enough money,SE could not turn them down only to please their Sony fans...
    I think Microsoft proved many times in the past that they have enough money in order to steal Sony's bread right out from their mouths.

I'm sure the 360 version will sell terribly though when compared to the PS3 version.But i'm sure MS knows this and they don't have high expectations atm.I think its a move that aims more at the future of the franchise and the relationship between SE and MS.