Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Most powerful videogame moment?

Though I haven't beaten Shadow Hearts: Covenant yet, two scenes that have always gotten me were (SPOILER)when you find out why Albert Simon had really attempted to control Amon within himself in the first game, and the small conversation between Simon and Yuri inside Yuri's subconscious when he goes to reawaken Amon.

I've also always thought the beginning to the first Shadow Hearts was one of the best openings I had ever seen.

The speech that Yuna gives at the very end of FF X, (SPOILER)and the sequence of Tidus and Jecht sharing a high five at the very end always gets me. The music that plays while you're on the road going towards Yunalesca's stronghold always gets me too.

The ending sequence to Xenosaga Episode III.
    The more consciousness, the more will; the more will, the more self. Someone who has no will at all is no self. But the more will he has, the more self-consciousness he has too.-Soren Kierkegaard
    Every people has its own Tartuffery and calls it its virtues.-What is best in us we do not know-we cannot know.-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Trickery, bravery: who asks, in war?-Virgil, The Aeneid, Book II, Line 517

Which FF Character Are You?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Kefka_Almighty View Post
    The speech that Yuna gives at the very end of FF X, (SPOILER)and the sequence of Tidus and Jecht sharing a high five at the very end always gets me. The music that plays while you're on the road going towards Yunalesca's stronghold always gets me too.
    Yeah I love that. They made that song play through the battle scenes for added effect and it worked beautifully.

Str8 Pimpin'

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Well...

(SPOILER)Auron's sending just had me in tears...

(SPOILER)Specific character deaths in XII

(SPOILER)Mark's sacrifice scene in Rogue Galaxy. That kinda affected me on a personal level..

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

The ending of Crisis Core was so epic, it actually made me choke up a bit. Loved every second of it, though.

Also, not sure why, but whenever Frog's Theme in Chrono Trigger was played, I always got uplifted and felt the need to fight on.

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Im quite suprised no one has mentioned the ending of the original MGS, the music aswell, also another suprise is the scene with Nanaki and Seto.

and lets not forget the Aerith death scene followed by "that" dialogue, it represents to me the most powerful gameing moment iv ever witnessed, and the only time iv felt tears in my eyes over a game.

Realizing I was dying/dead in the middle of a nuclear fallout area halfway through Call of Duty 4.
    The charge on Stalingrad in the original Call of Duty also always sends chills down my spine.
    The Medical Pavilion in Bioshock also stuck with me for different reasons.

That's pretty much it. Most the the time points in games that are supposed to be poignant or sad or whatever just make me laugh.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

Tidus and yuna's hot wet kiss in macalania in FFX
    also when auron gets sent
    And the very end of FFVII before the credits when it shows aeris' face again from the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Definately Grey Fox' death in MGS1.
    Agreed. Best MGS character ever.

A couple of my favorites:

Breath of Fire 3, when Teepo dies.

Shadow of the Colossus when the Wanderer finishes his quest just to be stopped by the priest and his men which attacks him immediately as he arrives. At one point it shows his point of view and all he was focused on was his love interest, regardless of what was happening to him, he just really wanted to see her alive one last time. I mean, that's love right there. *sniff*

Shadow of the Colossus when you see the final colossus you have to slay then you go :Eek: then then
    B-E-N-D-E-R BEEENNNDER! B-E-N-D-E-R BEEEENNNDER!

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Sniper Wolf's death > Grey Fox's death.

Haaaaaaaands down.

The Prism Rangers showing up in Disgaea 2, now seven of them.
    Okay, well it was epic in a funny way

The first time I controlled a female character and discovered the great feeling of making the weaker gender do whatever I tell them to.

Blog Entries

When all of the character in FFIV
    (SPOILER) "DIED" and im all but then they all return and im all WTF you cant hve a good story if no body dies

WTF????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    My little brother bawling when you kill Edge's parents in Final Fantasy IV. Makes me crack up to this day.
    What? You kill Edge's parents?

Powerful moments that stick with ya, huh? These are just a few right now there are several games that I'm still in the middle of playing.

FFX - When Tidus finds out what happens to summoners when trying to defeat sin.

Star Ocean 3 - On the first disc when Fayt does bashes that ship into oblivion. I was like WTF?! O.o

Xenosaga I - The sequence when Kos-Mos asks Shion "Will feeling pain... make me... complete?"

Heavenly Sword - The sequence where Nariko decides to use the sword. and scene where Kai realizes where she has seen General Flying Fox before.

My sig and avy are made by me.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

In Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria when it's suddenly revealed back in Dipan that (SPOILER)Dylan is actually Brahms, Lord of the Undead... seriously it was just like, WHOAH, WHOAH MANG!