Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to Death Note.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been meaning to watch this for a long time, I've heard its pretty good.

Death Note TV - Death Note Episode List

I've had to download Episode #14 so far cuz it got removed from it's host. 1-13 and 15 were all still there though.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I loved it. I haven't read the manga yet, but it's on my list.

I loved it even more when it started airing on [as]. All of the overly dramatic parts became instantly funny.

"I'll take a potato chip....and EAT IT."

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    I'm usually against watching anime that get such good reviews, because I'm almost always let down... however, I should give it a shot sometime. I'm just way too backlogged with stuff I've already downloaded though.
    Is there anything you aren't disappointed by? Maybe I'm just reading the wrong threads xDDD

I went out and bought the movie. It's good but a lot of changes. Still good though.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

When the English dub of the first movie came to our theaters it was only here during two days and they were both in the middle of the week so I couldn't go

My friend tells me that people were sitting on the floor the first day 'cause it was so packed, then the power went out so they had to go to the next one anyway and there was an insane amount of people there. I saw the sub on my laptop, but it's just not the same as going to a big theater and seeing it with your friends :P

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Although we did not create the Death Note series, we did create this website to be as original as possible. We ask that you respect the originality of our work, and not take anything without expressed written permission by the owners.
    this line is always good for a laugh.
    "just because I did this doesn't mean we are going to allow you to"

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I'm usually against watching anime that get such good reviews, because I'm almost always let down... however, I should give it a shot sometime. I'm just way too backlogged with stuff I've already downloaded though.
    Is there anything you aren't disappointed by? Maybe I'm just reading the wrong threads xDDD
    Oh, there are plenty of things that don't disappoint me. There's just never any threads in the lounge that revolve around topics and titles that I do like, and I can't be bothered to make them.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When the English dub of the first movie came to our theaters it was only here during two days and they were both in the middle of the week so I couldn't go

My friend tells me that people were sitting on the floor the first day 'cause it was so packed, then the power went out so they had to go to the next one anyway and there was an insane amount of people there. I saw the sub on my laptop, but it's just not the same as going to a big theater and seeing it with your friends :P
    The Live action Death Note movie was super cheesy awesome... You watch it to laugh at it. Especially the over dramatic heart attacks in the beginning.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

The Live action Death Note movie was super cheesy awesome... You watch it to laugh at it. Especially the over dramatic heart attacks in the beginning.
    As I was watching it I was disappointed that Light didn't show off his potato eating skillz, but then there was that part where L was all "Look, I'm eating potato chips...dun dun duuuuun...."

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

As I was watching it I was disappointed that Light didn't show off his potato eating skillz, but then there was that part where L was all "Look, I'm eating potato chips...dun dun duuuuun...."

The heavy metal playing in the background combined with the camera shots made that scene B movie awesome.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I liked the anime and the live action movie. the live action movie was specially awesome..
    I guess I should start reading the manga now.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I read almost the entire manga, up to the point that is a drop-off for most people. I got bored with it. I always mean to finish it, but then my lazy punches me in the balls and I just go to sleep instead.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

There's just never any threads in the lounge that revolve around topics and titles that I do like, and I can't be bothered to make them.
    Word. Took a little Guts and Hard Work to get some Gurren Lagann buzz here, though i think most of the people here who have seen it didn't watch it because of me. Still, there are few other shows that would make me go through the effort to make a meaningful post about them, particularly if they just get ignored.

Death Note was alright though. Quite entertaining for 2/3rds of its run.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    There's just never any threads in the lounge that revolve around topics and titles that I do like, and I can't be bothered to make them.
    Word. Took a little Guts and Hard Work to get some Gurren Lagann buzz here, though i think most of the people here who have seen it didn't watch it because of me. Still, there are few other shows that would make me go through the effort to make a meaningful post about them, particularly if they just get ignored.

Death Note was alright though. Quite entertaining for 2/3rds of its run.
    You're 1/4th the reason I watched it. Tavrobel, Behold the Void, and Roto also told me to watch it.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Popular anime sucks because it is popular.

Gintama is better. It doesn't matter what show it is. Gintama is just plain better.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Still, there are few other shows that would make me go through the effort to make a meaningful post about them, particularly if they just get ignored.
    EoFF always has the best taste in anime, don't you know?