Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to Death Note.

Grin Addicted to Death Note.

Holy crap, talk about love at first sight! I watched the first episode, and it hooked me IMMEDIATELY! It's like a drug, now that the videos I was watching on YouTube are getting terfed, I actually searched for another source...AND FOUND ONE I DID!

I LOVE concepts like this! I guess you could say it's a bit like the idea behind The Butterfly Effect, only this one has consequences with the law. I swear though, with the amount of thought that had to have gone into this series, the people who created it MUST be nut-cases. *standing ovation for the nuts*

*** I'm only at Episode #10, so PLEASE DO NOT spoil any events for me still to come!!!
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm usually against watching anime that get such good reviews, because I'm almost always let down... however, I should give it a shot sometime. I'm just way too backlogged with stuff I've already downloaded though.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

About a year ago I pretty much randomly watched about 10 episodes all in the same night, and then never watched it again. I liked what I saw, but wasn't too terribly impressed. It does have that addicting sort of quality to it, though. :P
    --Box Box Box Box

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Death Note was pretty good with the crazy characters and all. Misa-Misa is so creepy! And wait until the plot gets really insane. Two geniuses in a battle of intellect and planning xD. The second OP is horrible though. >_< It's well written and the series was the right length. L cosplayers are lazy and I want to hit them with Sanzo's fan when I see them!

...oh...and I'm watching the Japanese version, with english subtitles...
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The anime was pretty awesome. I liked the first half way more than the second half. I didn't hate it like some other people. Then I decided to read the manga. Man did the second half drag on in the manga. But yea, I really liked it.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've never seen more dramatic potato chip eating in all my life. I love the series.

Blog Entries

I didnt know how anyone could flail a pen around wildly so much that it shoot sparks could still have such small handwriting.

I think most of the series was awesome, not the second half but it picked up more towards the end.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I really enjoyed the concept behind Death Note. I missed far too many episodes to be able to comment properly, but it's well worth watching imo.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is one of those instances where I love the manga and dislike the anime. I think its because the manga allows you to set you own pace and its been so long since I read a suspense thriller.

The anime has great animation and a kick-ass soundtrack but the pacing made it feel more drawn out and I got bored. Still, its a great series.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, you ought to be reading the manga. The anime is choked with incessant artificial drama in the form of Latin chanting, dramatic camera angles, and symbolically glowing red eyes. The manga is much better balanced between the anticipation and follow-through of events.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Yeah, you ought to be reading the manga. The anime is choked with incessant artificial drama in the form of Latin chanting, dramatic camera angles, and symbolically glowing red eyes. The manga is much better balanced between the anticipation and follow-through of events.
    Yeah, that's why I feel most people don't like the second half of the series. I liked it since I read the manga and only saw an episode of the anime here and there (inb4the people who say they still didn't like the second half when reading the manga). I also felt the anime just made things way too dramatic for my liking.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Light should have gone on a mad rampage and started to kill off world leaders by having them go smurf a hooker and then kill the hooker and then shoot themselves after dialing 911...that would have been awesome!

The second half of the series I thought was good up (SPOILER)until Mellow left the scene. Near just wasn't as interesting and I didn't really like that it all came down to chance in the end. I really disliked the ending overall. I think most of the time I am too harsh on the second half of the series but I think it is just because I really dislike the ending and Near.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I fully support only reading the first six and a half volumes of the manga. Near can go to hell.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I read about half of the manga and lost interest. I watched about 5 minutes of the anime and recoiled in disgust and hatred.

Manga GO

But then I am predisposed to like most manga better than the anime.