Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Addicted to Death Note.

Well, I just got through Episode #24. It was VERY predictable, but considering how well my prediction coincided what actually happened, it definitely made me love it even more.

Especially when (SPOILER)Light tells Misa that he wants to be with her as he is, and after cleansing the world. Unfortunately, she's gonna die WAY too young.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Blog Entries

I just watched until the 13th episode! Then it got harder and harder to have the episodes with English subs on VEOH

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I just watched until the 13th episode! Then it got harder and harder to have the episodes with English subs on VEOH
    Use the link I posted earlier: Death Note TV - Death Note Episode List

It has them all available to watch. You MAY need to download #14 though. The rest were all there, so far, as of last night.

The games I've beaten...

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

The Death Note anime has been licensed for 2 years now. It would naturally be a little harder to find.
    If you really like it, I would recommend buying the DVDs. The 9th (last?) one doesn't come out until the end of February, but all the others are available to purchase. There's also 5-disc box set available that contains the first 20 episodes. That retails for $70, though I've seen it online for under $44. Amazon has it for $50. Considering each single disc retails for $25 (though again, cheaper places online), it's a pretty good deal getting 5 of 'em for $70. If you like the show that much.

Aside from the 'old fashioned' way of buying DVDs, there are several places where you can actually pay for a legal download of Death Note such as iTunes and Direct2Drive.

That way, even if you can't really afford to buy the whole thing outright, you can buy any given episode for $2 and say you supported it at least a little.

And that was my rant. Support the stuff you like!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You shouldn't give in to addictions. Put the series down at once.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    The Death Note anime has been licensed for 2 years now. It would naturally be a little harder to find.
    If you really like it, I would recommend buying the DVDs. The 9th (last?) one doesn't come out until the end of February, but all the others are available to purchase. There's also 5-disc box set available that contains the first 20 episodes. That retails for $70, though I've seen it online for under $44. Amazon has it for $50. Considering each single disc retails for $25 (though again, cheaper places online), it's a pretty good deal getting 5 of 'em for $70. If you like the show that much.

Aside from the 'old fashioned' way of buying DVDs, there are several places where you can actually pay for a legal download of Death Note such as iTunes and Direct2Drive.

That way, even if you can't really afford to buy the whole thing outright, you can buy any given episode for $2 and say you supported it at least a little.

And that was my rant. Support the stuff you like!
    I have every intention of buying the DVDs. However, because I live in Canada, particularly in an area that only ever seems to carry stuff like Pokemon, stumbling upon them is difficult. I'm still looking for them. In the meantime, I'm watching them online. If I hadn't been able to watch it in the first place, I would never have considered buying it. Time for people to start rethinking the applications of "piracy". People are not as willing to blindly pay hard-earned money for something that they have no faith in being worth it. And every sub-par movie that Hollywood insists on pumping out in record time, and the inflated prices of everything else, will only make piracy worse.

If they TRULY want to fight piracy, stop giving people reasons to do it.

The games I've beaten...

Well, I just finished watching the last episode. It was heart-wrenching, even though (SPOILER)Light killing Takada was one of the most cruel betrayals that I have ever seen. I actually WANTED him to die after that, but I wished they let Misa see him one more time, or even have her jump off the building she's standing on at the end.

Now, I need to find another anime. *sigh*

...and I found something rather interesting on IMDb when I was trying to remember Takada's name. I'm aware that there are already two Death Note movies, but I'm thinking this one might be a-list material.

Death Note (2010)

The games I've beaten...

Yeah, they've been talking about making a US Death Note movie for about a year or more now.

I actually liked the live-action movies better. The anime series was good, but far too drawn out. Plus, Near and Mellow were nowhere close to being as interesting as L, leaving the whole third arc feeling quite dull and pointless. The movies cut out the fat and gave L his moment to shine, which he so justly deserved.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Gintama
    Eureka 7
    Bounen no Xamdou
    Darker Than Black
    Code Geass (R1 is kind of like DESU NOOTO, but R2 isn't)
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Baccano!
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

That reminds me, I gotta watch Gintama too. Hmmm...strawberry milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Gintama
    Eureka 7
    Bounen no Xamdou
    Darker Than Black
    Code Geass (R1 is kind of like DESU NOOTO, but R2 isn't)
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Baccano!
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Other then that he's either right, or I haven't seen it so I can't comment on wheter or not his is right or wrong.

Also, go watch teh 74 epic episodes of Monster. One of the best anime there is.

Edit: And also, deathnote was good up until the end, mostly because the logic used by the end was stretched way to far. While the show did have some pretty gnarly stretches from time to time, they were mostly forgivable until that.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Eureka 7
    Other then that he's either right, or I haven't seen it so I can't comment on wheter or not his is right or wrong.
    Oh no you di'int.
    Monster is a good recommendation, so I can't hate on you because you still have good taste. I'm actually in the process of watching another anime from the creator of Monster, though this was actually the first thing he did and it's waaaaay different from anything else he did after that. It's called 'Yawara! A fashionable Judo Girl', a show from the 80's. I'm likin it quite a bit.

Normally I'd gush about other shows too (Cracker you should try Legend of the Galactic Heroes--fledgling anime fans should stay away from it though), but I haven't the motivation right now. I've seen all of Tav's list except for most of Kenshin, so they are good shows to watch, if not my favourites.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 01-30-2009 at 02:04 AM.