Thread: New character revealed - Sazh Kalzroy

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    When you can take a bullet to the head/ parry one with your sword it kind of throws every real world combat theory out the window. So they can safely make combat revolve around whatever axiom they think is the coolest.
    Even still, the fact I can hit you once before you reach me gives me an advantage. And with XII's introduction of "immobilize" range really is preferable in most cases.

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

I love him! They do say FF needs to be a bit more integrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Oh my god he has an afro xDDD
    This is a first for Final Fantasy!
    ...round and poofy hair!
    Not really, there was an afro in VII... though that might have just been a hologram. Still, it was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Very nice design. One problem though; he uses pistols. I feel this game has enough gun wielding characters with lightning and snow.
    I haven't seen any other Fantasy with a pistoleer involved and I had originally created one for my VII fanfic in the form of Raine Rivers (who is supposed to look surprisingly like Lucrecia), that's how much I liked the idea of having that type in Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Samuel L. Jackson should voice this man.
    Give me a break. I love Sammy, but he's not the only black actor in Hollywood. I think if he looks more like Lando, he should be voiced by Billy Dee. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by neokeymaster View Post
    This is all wrong, a man who actually LOOKS like a man... in Final Fantasy?
    You mean instead of girlie or like some kind of hulking mass of muscle? Heh.
    Don't forget where Final Fantasy comes from. Manly men would pretty much be considered a betrayal to the public consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Leo... Its hard to tell from the pictures and portraits but I feel like he has a mustache but its hard to tell.

Also, everyone seems to be forgetting about Reddas from XII.
    I agree it's confusing. If he's a dark-skinned Caucasian it could be a blonde moustache. If he's black, it could just be his lips.

I haven't played XII in a while. Who is Reddas? Got any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    I'm still thinking each character has a ranged and melee weapon. Like Lightning has her weird Gunblade-ish thing, and stuff.
    I agree. I also think the idea is awesome. I hate having to choose a character based on whether their weapon is ranged or melee. I love the Long-Range materia in VII.

Someone mentioned gay. That's not socially acceptable in America. Instead, the character could be flamboyant and effeminate and have closer bonds with other men, but nothing too direct.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here are pictures of Reddas and Al-Cid for those who are wondering. reddas2.jpgmargrace2.jpg

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Reddas is almost certainly black, while Al-Cid has more a of a Mediterranean feel. Both are awesomely voiced, though - it's rather difficult to tell that Reddas shares his actor with Vamp from MGS and Hermes from Futurama, while Al-Cid is voiced by the man behind FFX's Brother.

As for this new dude in FFXIII - neat design, though I really wish they'd cut back on the manorexia. Pencil-thin figures are bad enough on female characters, without making the men painfully malnourished as well.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post

Someone mentioned gay. That's not socially acceptable in America. Instead, the character could be flamboyant and effeminate and have closer bonds with other men, but nothing too direct.

there needs tobe a gay man or woman in final fantasy, maby then it would be accepted world wide, if there was a gay woman, ppl would just turn the other way, but if its a gay man, they start throwing a temper tantrum, its very biased and wrong to not accept gays as part of society.

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    there needs tobe a gay man or woman in final fantasy, maby then it would be accepted world wide, if there was a gay woman, ppl would just turn the other way, but if its a gay man, they start throwing a temper tantrum, its very biased and wrong to not accept gays as part of society.
    While I agree with what you're getting at, I doubt that the only thing gays need in order to be accepted by everyone is a character with their sexual preference in a Final Fantasy game.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    While I agree with what you're getting at, I doubt that the only thing gays need in order to be accepted by everyone is a character with their sexual preference in a Final Fantasy game.
    werd

Cool design. Kiros was a playable charcter right? And he wasn't stereotypical at all. Barret might as well have been Mr. T.

Str8 Pimpin'

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

itd be a start, videogames have a huge impact on peoples lifes, i dont realy understand it, standing as gay rights activist, words just ain't cutting it.