Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica - !!Spoilers!!

Okay, regarding Dee, was it just me or (SPOILER)did she seem surprised she was going to blow her brains out? Like alien limb syndrome? I may not have been paying attention though.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alrighty, added a spoiler warning so that we don't have to talk about already aired episodes under spoiler tags.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    (SPOILER)
    As for the final cylon, I don't buy that it's Ellen. Because I think Ellen is Six, only older. That'd also explain why Tigh kept seeing Ellen instead of the Six when he was visiting her. I don't really mind if Ellen is a whole seperate model but tbh, it's just not the huge reveal which BSG would pull. They've got more up their sleeves, whether I'm right or it's something else.
    There's an interview with Ron Moore that basically suggests that there's not gonna be any switch-a-roo in regards to the last cylon. Looks like they've been planning this since Season 3 ended.

There's also a bit about Dee in the interview and I think it explains it very well. Everything that he says about Dee in the interview is exactly what I took away from the episode when I watched it. The whole thing was done extremely well. It was subtle but it got all those layered ideas across to the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Moore
    That felt really important. If they’re going to get to Earth and Earth is ashes, that felt like it has to have a huge impact on all these characters. There had to be a cost. There had to be a price somebody paid for that discovery. Not everybody could take that. Not everyone could just say, “OK, that didn’t work out, let’s go on to next week’s episode.”

It felt like somebody would just say, “No, I’m done. I just want to find a little moment of time where I can feel good about myself one last time, then I’m finished with this long nightmare.” And that seemed like that would be Dualla.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmmm, guess I was wrong then! Odd choice though.

Last night's episode: Thoughts? I like that Zarek's a big player again, we had too long without him. Oh, and I absolutely LOVED how Gaius' faith has been shattered.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thought last night's episode was brilliant. I love the tension that's building in the fleet and is finally coming to a head. I have no idea how it's going to play out, but I'm sure it won't be as simple as one side winning over the other. I also want to know what's happening with the other Cylon's. It's been a while since we've heard from them and the wait is killing me.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought that was too much of a filler episode, but maybe it sets up something good for the next one.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The filler stuff for me was the Tyrol/Hotdog/Nick subplot. I really didn't feel that that was necessary or believable.

I love any episode with a lot of Roslin (she's my favorite character, flaws and all). I'm glad she got some action before she dies

I like the direction it's going, with the fleet in such turmoil. The sure is hitting the fan.

I was hoping someone would talk D'Anna out of staying on earth. I liked her. She popped in, basically became the leader of all the rebel cylons, then just popped back out. Maybe Lucy got busy.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought that the narrative in the last episode was off. Everything felt pretty disjointed. Lots of different little moments with lots of different characters, but not much of a driving storyline throughout. Then I saw that this episode marked Ron Moore's directorial debut and that he intended it to be a character piece.

Eh. Filler episode is filler. But it looks like they've laid the groundwork for some really exciting stuff next week.

Poor poor Gaeta, he's totally gonna end up paying for his betrayal. That being said, I think Zarek is right about a lot of things. Adama is way too dictatorial, and as much as I love Roslin, she should have been removed from power a long time ago. She's definitely not fit to be President anymore.

I agree. This week's episode was underwhelming.

I miss the days where Starbuck was awesome. I really think that blonde, female characters are just better when they have short hair. I mean, look at Veronica Mars.

Personally I've gotten to the point where I don't even enjoy hating Zarek anymore.

but with fewer than 40k survivors and all this crap happening to the characters, I'm preparing myself more and more for a TPK ending.

I loved that episode. I almost appreciate last week's more, like a slower bridge so this doesn't seem so rushed into. But it was good stuff. There's nothing cooler and scarier than Adama's growl. Edward James Olmos is so awesome as him. That man is ugly as sin but I would totally sleep with him.

OMG that episode! Everyone who lost their awesome gained it back! Except Gaeta, but that's okay. That episode embodies the reason I watch this show. Also, I did a lot of yelling at the TV. If they kill almost <i>anyone</i> whose life is in danger right now, I'll be really upset. It seems I love them all too much. Even Tigh and Baltar.

Also, Olmos isn't ugly, he's rugged.

OH MY GOD!

This week's episode was GOLD!...so revved up for next week!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    OMG that episode! Everyone who lost their awesome gained it back! Except Gaeta, but that's okay. That episode embodies the reason I watch this show. Also, I did a lot of yelling at the TV. If they kill almost <i>anyone</i> whose life is in danger right now, I'll be really upset. It seems I love them all too much. Even Tigh and Baltar.

Also, Olmos isn't ugly, he's rugged.
    Agreed on pretty much all points. Nothing like a Crisis to get everyone's head in the game. My favourite part has to be Starbuck saving Apollo. I missed her badassery and shoot first ask questions never attitude as of late.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dear Holy Smurfing God

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    My favourite part has to be Starbuck saving Apollo. I missed her badassery and shoot first ask questions never attitude as of late.
    That was awesome when she started shooting away. And when she laid one on Lee. Kara wears the pants in that somewhat-relationship.

I love any scene between Roslin and Baltar. It made me lol when he was all really think your speech is gonna save us, do ya.