Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica - !!Spoilers!!

Default Battlestar Galactica - !!Spoilers!!

Starts up again tomorrow! Let's get pumped and all. The actors have hyped me up for these 10 episodes big time. I have faith the show can deliver. It always manages to surprise me. (SPOILER)I hear the final cylon is revealed the very first episode!

Edit by Miriel: Any information about unaired episodes must be kept under spoiler tags!! Information from past and already aired episodes don't require spoiler tags, so read at your own risk!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Starts up again tomorrow! Let's get pumped and all. The actors have hyped me up for these 10 episodes big time. I have faith the show can deliver. It always manages to surprise me. (SPOILER)I hear the final cylon is revealed the very first episode!
    It'd surprise me if that spoiler is true, but then, that's all this show ever does.

I can't wait for tomorrow. This show has set the standard for what I expect out of a great TV show. Honestly, it's so good I have a hard time enjoying just about everything else on the boob tube.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yay!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Super Excited...ive got some people to watch it too hehe!

As for that spoiler...i heard that was going to be revealed towards the end...not like final episode end but towards the last batch of episodes!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm totally skipping out on a big party (that I already promised to go to and bring chips/dip) just to watch this tonight.

Seriously, can't believe it's finally here! Is anyone else slightly panicked about the fact that they have 10 episodes in which they need to wrap up the entire show? Every question, every character's fate... I dunno, it seems impossible!

Huh. Well, I liked it. Pushed the final 5's story along, Kara's plot thread along, and showed appropriately depressed reactions from everyone. It was sad to watch the leaders fall so hard, but good TV.

The final cylon choice is, uh... interesting, I'll say. But at this point I figured it would either be such a minor character we would feel the hype was unnecessary or a major character that would piss everyone off. I'm honestly not happy with it, but I'll get over it.

Bears.
    Beets.
    Battlestar Galactica.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Seriously, can't believe it's finally here! Is anyone else slightly panicked about the fact that they have 10 episodes in which they need to wrap up the entire show? Every question, every character's fate... I dunno, it seems impossible!

They could all die, that wraps things up rather nicely. Though, I seriously hope they don't.

And I wasn't surprised about the final cylon. I was surprised about (SPOILER)D's death though WTF happened there? If they don't explain this later I'm going to be very confused.

As for the show in general, I feel like the whole thing has gone seriously down hill. It's still good, but compared to what it was, it's really disheartening. The only reason I am still watching it is that I feel like I have so much invested in each character.

Edit: Also, (SPOILER)Anders is Jimi Hendrix, right?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well I thought it was awesome. The 5th Cylon is meh, but I'm sure it will be used well.

I really liked the development of the Final 5 storyline because that wasn't making much sense. Also the Kara and Dee stuff was WTF.

This show is the best on TV right now!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I really liked the development of the Final 5 storyline because that wasn't making much sense. Also the Kara and Dee stuff was WTF.

This show is the best on TV right now!

The Kara thing makes perfect sense! Well, as perfect sense as that show makes, since (SPOILER)if Baltar's cylon detector thing was the only accurate way of detecting cylons and he (maybe?) needed a nuke to operate it <i>and</i> it was based off blood, how'd they figure out all the skeletons were cylons? HOWEVER clearly the Earthlons were super advanced if they managed to create this epic downloading system that worked 2000 years into the future etc. Now, if skin jobs are wired the same way as humans then it wouldn't be too much of a leap to assume they figured out how to create a download for humans as well. Now either there are still Earthlons around to build a new Kara, viper and send them back (my guess is they live underground since that's classic post-apocalypse living condition) OR there was some sort of prophet living in the time of avocado buying Tyrol who helped orchestrate the whole final five's hanging out in the future and built a Kara and something to complete the consciousness transfer, possibly something to do with the storm thing. This means there's at least a 50% chance that Dee is coming back due to some sort of restorative property on Earth.

And while that SPOILER was almost entirely speculation, I will bet someone something that at least one of those things ends up being true. *nodnod*

so glad i was wrong about the reveal!

said wtf out loud alot lol! Cant wait...soo excited on how its all gonna play out!

i did have an inkling though about (SPOILER)the 13th tribe being cylons...but i thought they'd be filled with the existing ones we've seen

(SPOILER)rip dee

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That was pretty badass and awesome. First, pretty much in your face to everyone who claimed it wasn't Earth, because it blatantly was.

(SPOILER) with Dee was fracked up. But whoever said an explanation was needed - the explanation was given. She can't handle it. She broke down on the planet, she was having a hard time keeping it together on the raptor, and she had completely given up hope. She had no strength left to carry on. She just wanted one last enjoyable evening to go to the grave with.

As for the final cylon, I don't buy that it's Ellen. Because I think Ellen is Six, only older. That'd also explain why Tigh kept seeing Ellen instead of the Six when he was visiting her. I don't really mind if Ellen is a whole seperate model but tbh, it's just not the huge reveal which BSG would pull. They've got more up their sleeves, whether I'm right or it's something else.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    That was pretty badass and awesome. First, pretty much in your face to everyone who claimed it wasn't Earth, because it blatantly was.

(SPOILER) with Dee was fracked up. But whoever said an explanation was needed - the explanation was given. She can't handle it. She broke down on the planet, she was having a hard time keeping it together on the raptor, and she had completely given up hope. She had no strength left to carry on. She just wanted one last enjoyable evening to go to the grave with.

As for the final cylon, I don't buy that it's Ellen. Because I think Ellen is Six, only older. That'd also explain why Tigh kept seeing Ellen instead of the Six when he was visiting her. I don't really mind if Ellen is a whole seperate model but tbh, it's just not the huge reveal which BSG would pull. They've got more up their sleeves, whether I'm right or it's something else.
    (SPOILER)I had honestly never thought of the possibility of Ellen being Six, but older. I suppose that is possible, or it's possible that the entire Six line was based on her. Separate Cylon model or not though, I guarantee the stuff with Ellen will play out in interesting ways, and probably in ways none of us expect. Also, I agree that Dee didn't need further explanation. Frankly, I'm surprised more characters haven't been blowing their brains out.

I also am very interested in finding out what's up with Starbuck. Is she just some f'ed up clone? Who made her and her Viper and sent her on her way? Will she really lead everyone to their end? What is their end anyway? Is she tied to the Five in some way, and how the frak did they go from living 200 years ago on Earth to the colonies. So many unanswered questions, and I can't wait because for the first time in four seasons we're almost to the point of getting some real answers.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has heard, but the series finale is going to be three hours. THREE HOURS!!!! That's how you end a show right god damn it!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fantastic way to start off the last 10 episodes. It was great all around.

Regarding Dee: (SPOILER)I think it completely shocked me at first because I didn't do a BSG refresher before watching this episode. So it took a little while for my memory to jog up all the that's happened in the show so far. If you think about ALL the stuff these people have gone through, it makes total sense that she would blow her brains out. And while others might listen to Adama and Apollo and find a tiny ray of hope to grasp onto, Dee has been too close to the center of things to be fooled. So knows that Earth was their very last bit of hope. And now that that hope is gone... well, yeah. She wanted to be gone too.

Regarding Kara: (SPOILER)How freakin' awesome was it that Kara managed to freak out Leoben? That whole sequence was amazing. How he tentatively helped her with the raptor, and when he came over her shoulder and saw the tag and immediately started backing away from her. Great great acting right there. He just looked scared out of is pants. Very very interested to see where they go with Kara's storyline. Sooo many possibilities! I'm gonna say that I think they're going to take it along the spiritual/reincarnation route. Either that, or everybody on the show is a Cylon and they are all descendants of the 13th tribe.

Final Cylon: (SPOILER)Eh. Like someone mentioned before, no matter who it was, people were bound to have mixed feelings about it. I don't actually mind having it be Ellen because I feel like there was at least some foreshadowing for her, unlike someone like Tori. There was suspicion about Ellen right off the bat. How the hell did she manage to survive and end up on BSG where her husband happened to be? Plus D'Anna mentioned that because the 5th wasn't with the fleet, the 5th might actually be dead. So there was a bit of set up to the idea that Ellen is the 5th.

Earth Flashbacks: (SPOILER)Anyone else LOVE those little flashbacks we had of Tigh and Tyrol while they were actually living on that planet? I thought they were fascinating. Really brief but probably the most intriguing part of the whole episode. So when Ellen said "everything is in place" did she mean everything was in place for the entire population, or just for her, Tigh, Tyrol, Tori, Anders? Cause that's just bizarre, why would it just be the five of them? From the looks of the flashback, it didn't seem like Tyrol was a particularly important person who would happen to have a "rebirthing" plan in place. And were they all reborn immediately following the nuclear devastation and they've been "alive" for 2000 years? And at some point they decided to create the other cylons and reprogram their own memories? Ahhh, so many questions!

That's an interesting theory Milf =O!

Maybe this thread should be like the Heroes thread in that if you're in here we assume you've seen the latest episode and know what's going on. That way we won't have to mark spoilers for everything. Or maybe just toss *spoilers* in the thread title.

Speaking of Heroes, man! The return of this show makes it all the more apparent how bad Heroes actually is. But then, BSG spoils me for all shows.