Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 5 - Spoilers EVERYWHERE! :p

(SPOILER)Ben looked pretty shocked when Desmond said "You're looking for Faraday's mother, too?" I think there was just too much stuff going on at once for any of them to register much reaction. Also, it's worth noting that Ben and Desmond had never been depicted as speaking to each other onscreen before, so it's not like they ever had much interaction. As for Desmond not remembering the conversation, I just got the impression that it just didn't make any sense to him at the time and he didn't think about it until he had the dream about it.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    (SPOILER)Ben looked pretty shocked when Desmond said "You're looking for Faraday's mother, too?" I think there was just too much stuff going on at once for any of them to register much reaction. Also, it's worth noting that Ben and Desmond had never been depicted as speaking to each other onscreen before, so it's not like they ever had much interaction. As for Desmond not remembering the conversation, I just got the impression that it just didn't make any sense to him at the time and he didn't think about it until he had the dream about it.
    *I* got the impression that Faraday actually changed time, which is why Desmond only remembered in that instant.

edit: Also, wtf@Charlotte speaking in tongues and etc.

(SPOILER)Well yeah, Faraday obviously changed time. Then again the fact that Desmond wasn't on the island at the instant in Faraday's consciousness when he did so might have to do with why he had no recollection at the time of it - I see what you're getting at there.

And Charlotte had come unstuck in time, ergo why a lot of what she said didn't make sense.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I has a theory.

(SPOILER)They are completely wrong about the fact that they can't change time. I can bring to mind several instances where the ability to change fits more than the idea that they can't. Rousseau didn't remember Jin because she never met him. Desmond didn't remember meeting Faraday because he hadn't. etc. Some things did seem to have already happened though, such as Locke meeting Alpert.

Am I the only one who's happy that (SPOILER)Charlotte "died?"

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I has a theory.

(SPOILER)They are completely wrong about the fact that they can't change time. I can bring to mind several instances where the ability to change fits more than the idea that they can't. Rousseau didn't remember Jin because she never met him. Desmond didn't remember meeting Faraday because he hadn't. etc. Some things did seem to have already happened though, such as Locke meeting Alpert.
    (SPOILER)Neither of your instances apply, though. 1) Dan acknowledged that Desmond COULD change time because his consciousness had shown the ability to exist in two different times - he was "special." 2) Jin and Rousseau were rarely, if ever, in the same scene together, and never spoke - the closest would be the season 3 finale when they were choosing shooters to blow up the dynamite. She's also messed up in the head, though.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    (SPOILER)And Charlotte had come unstuck in time, ergo why a lot of what she said didn't make sense.
    I was thinking that. I couldn't tell if she was making some crazers prophecy when she told Jin not to let Sun come back or not. "This place is death" seemed a little dramatic o_o

most of the stuff she said seemed like stuff she remembered from her past, except, well as far as we are aware (SPOILER)"what would mum think of me marrying an American" that seemed like it was her own thoughts about Faraday.
    (SPOILER)It was so sad when she died, her last words were "im not allowed to eat chocolate before dinner" just so sad, i bet she would have had so much more to say if she could have

Desmond yay!!! i love him so much, and Christian wtf, this episode was absolutely epic.(SPOILER) just the dead Charlotte thats bumming me out

also enjoyed the love look on Jack's face when he saw Desmond, he's back for some more sugar lol
    Last edited by PeneloRatsbane; 02-15-2009 at 10:23 PM.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Why are we marking spoilers when this whole thread is effectively a spoiler? With this in mind I'm renaming the thread after this post. Going forward, only mark spoilers if they are about future episodes rather than ones that have already aired in America.

Regarding why Ben turned the wheel himself: He's just all "me me me" and wants to be Jacob's buddy buddy and do all the cool stuff or... something. Alternatively, Ben was supposed to do it then, and Jacob knew fully well that John was to do it the second time.

Regarding Charlotte's accent: It doesn't matter where she's born, it matters where she grows up and her parents' accents. But more importantly, it matters that this is something made for Americans and they wouldn't know a London accent from a Geordie accent. 'sall English to them!

I found it interesting that they could just walk down into the monster's lair and come out 'okay', although I do wonder just how okay they were. They didn't seem sick so much as they seemed to have changed in attitude, like they were wanting to kill her or capture her for some reason. Others? I mean, remember there were a lot of Losties that were snapped up by the Others and are now happily living with them and seemingly okay with locking them up etc. Alternatively, it's possible that they wanted to get her to the island in the first place. I'm almost positive it's something to do with Alex though, rather than Danielle.

Jin's back. This is all that I need to keep me happy. I :<3: Jin.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

yeah ur right, it just would have been funny to have her with an essex accent. lol, but i grew fond of listening to her accent, just a shame we never got to see her crack out some Klingon, that amused me
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have never heard "Korean" butchered so badly as when Charlotte was speaking it. Korean is in quotes because if it hadn't been made explicitly clear that she was speaking Korean, I NEVER would have thought that that was the language she was speaking. Or attempting (and failing) to speak. It didn't sound like any language that I know.

I still have no idea what she was saying to Jin in Korean before she died. I assume she just repeated what she said in English, but I honestly have no clue. I watched it over a few times and I just can't decipher it.

Sun on the other hand, omg so cute when she was talking to her daughter! Interesting how they translated it though. It was a ton more affectionate in Korean than the English translation of the conversation.

Really happy Charlotte is dead. What a dumb character and a waste of screen time. Everything else on the show is slightly irritating. Blah blah, back to the island! Blah blah, JACOB SAYS THIS! Blah blah blah.

god i dunno wots wrong with me, its been a week and i'm still feeling sad that they killed of Charlotte, i NEVER care usually so much about tv shows, but i dunno its gotten under my skin. weirding me out. 0_o'''''
    probably covering an under lying issue but man to i miss that character
    Remember that well.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If you're this upset about Charlotte I wonder how you reacted when they killed Charlie. Or Eco. Or that guy who knew about explosives. Or a tree.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Oh mr. Eko >: ( he hasn't been in nearly as many visions and hallucinations as he deserves.

i wasn't that bothered, i was bummed obviously, but they had centric episodes and Eko's death was well dramatic and he was a naughty boy. Charlie's death was epic, he died being a hero it showed his character growth, he also had the awesome wrapping up episode with the "greatest hits list"
    Charlotte died in a flurry of agony and madness, with her back story explored in a rambling, without getting to be with Faraday properly and leaving him, they had a great dynamic, she protected him and now he's all alone. I just felt sad that her live ended after being sheltered by her w<b><u>ei</u></b>rdo mum and commiting to her job (implied) felt like a sad waste to a bright character. I know u probably disagree but thats just how i saw it. just felt bummed, I guess i felt connection to the character

LOL tho ur right i'm being overly sensitive, but i'm a girl, hormones and all that crap lol, not that girls can't control themselves, ergh watever i just feel sad, dumb i know
    Remember that well.