Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 5 - Spoilers EVERYWHERE! :p

I recon Faraday is loafing around somewhere, but he probably is a little nuts now. Which is fair enough, imagine losing the woman u love, then meeting her again in a matter of hours only she's like 3 or something. That would mess up anyone, but Faraday already had a head start in crazy. I recon he's probably going to mess around with the Orchid and cause something to happen
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    or claire, but that would mean shes actually dead
    Just because she shows up behind Christian doesn't mean she's dead.
    It was already established that Claire is with Christian, wasn't it? Last season, when John was told to move the Island, Claire was chilling in the cabin with Christian. At least, that's what I remember.

EDIT: Oh, and what about Aaron being raised by another? Wasn't Claire's psychic REALLY adamant about her being the one to raise the child? > _ < So many questions.

edit edit: So I was reading Lostpedia because I do that when I'm bored (I'm so cool), and it said that Richard Malkin (the psychic) later told Claire she should give her baby up for adoption to a couple in Los Angeles who were "good people." Perhaps the same good people that Kate wound up giving Aaron to in Los Angeles, or maybe Malkin worked for Widmore or Ben and had some ulterior motive?

EDIT AGAIN:
    Concerning Jacob! ~

Jacob is an important biblical figure. The biblical story of Jacob has many parallels to the story of Lost:

Jacob and Esau are twins.

Jacob's mother Rebekah received a prophecy from God after she began to experience pain and discomfort during her pregnancy (pregnancy troubles! Sounds like the Island). God told her that she would birth twins, whom would fight with one another their entire lives. Not only this, but the prophecy says that neither will rise to power at the same time - when one gains power, the other will lose it. God also tells her the younger child will be served by the older.

When the twins are born, Esau is birthed first; strong, covered in hair, and developed (in fact, his name means "developed" or "fully grown" in Hebrew). Jacob is birthed second, clutching the heel of his brother Esau.

Esau becomes a hunter, adored by his father Isaac, while Jacob becomes a "tent-dweller" (cabin-dweller?). Being feeble, and less outgoing than his brother, Jacob is favored by Rebekah.

One day, tired from hunting, Esau begs Jacob for some stew which he has prepared. Jacob agrees only to give the stew to his brother if Esau gives up his birthright. Esau agrees, and eats.

Eventually, Isaac grows old and becomes blind. Esau goes hunting and prepares to be blessed by his father before his death. Rebekah, knowing that Esau still plans to keep his birthright, remembers God's prophecy and knows that Jacob is the one who should rightly receive the birthright (as Esau is meant to serve Jacob). They wind up deceiving Isaac, since he is blind, and Jacob becomes the blessed one. Soon enough, Esau returns from the hunt and Isaac learns he has been deceived - however, he does not retract his blessing and tells Esau that he shall serve Isaac. Another interesting note: it is said that Isaac smelled Heaven when Jacob would enter his room, where he would smell Hell when Esau entered.

SO - I postulate that Jacob of Lost, obviously, is an allusion to the Jacob of biblical origin. Likewise, Widmore is Esau. Remember, Widmore has said multiple times that the Island is rightfully his, and is evidently angered by his (possibly) wrongful exiling. Widmore, like Esau, also uses excessive force and is a "hunter" type of person.

Anyway~ Esau swears vengeance upon Jacob, so Jacob flees. Eventually, he falls in love with Rachael (who is actually his cousin ... ), but Rachael's father Laban's got a problem with this. He deceives Jacob into marrying his older daughter, Leah, as it was not proper at the time for the younger daughter to marry first. Really, Jacob loves Rachael, but Rachael is barren and cannot have children (like on the Island, again), but God opens up Leah's womb and she gives birth to four children in succession. Eventually Laban lets Jacob marry Rachael, too, who gives Jacob her handmaid so they may have children. Long story short, Jacob sires about 36143861871 kids by Leah, Rachael's handmaid, and Leah's handmaid (both of whom are said to be even younger daughters of Laban. Yeah, incest all over the place). Oh, and God let's Rachael have a kid, too, his name is Joseph. *Phew* One of these children is named Daniel (Faraday?~)

Jacob winds up pissing off Laban by stealing the good portions of his sheep herd, and he and his wives peace out before long. As Jacob and his family are about to leave Canaan, Esau's kingdom, Rachael gives birth to Jacob's twelfth son, Benjamin. She dies in labor.

Now, we all know Ben's mother died in labor. I find it interesting that, although Ben's father is obviously not Jacob, Ben's mother died off of the Island (let's say "Widmore's territory"). So, Rachael is much like Ben's mother, as she died within Esau's territory (Canaan).

Anyway, Jacob had one son named Levi. Levi begat Kohath begat Amram begat Aaron. Aaron's mother, Jochebed, is Levi's daughter. If Levi is Christian, then Jochebed is Claire. This would explain why Jacob employs Christian as his "messenger" type, and why he takes Claire. Anyway, Jesus is a descendant of Jacob. Charlie had a vision of Claire dressed as the Virgin Mary (in Season 2, I think?), holding Aaron. If this is the case, then maybe Aaron = Jesus = the Island's savior?

Oh, and God loved Jacob but hated Esau. For this reason, I put forth that Richard Alpert = God.

Joseph, btw, was also Jacob's favorite son and Benjamin's only full brother. Ben Linus has remarked several times about how Locke is the Lost Jacob's "favorite." In Ben's lifetime, he also saw a tribe of his women and children murdered, after which the survivors could no longer produce children. Their solution? Kill another tribe's men and steal their women / children, ala Lost.

[/long winded theorizing]
    Last edited by Moon Rabbits; 03-23-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I just re-watched the scene where Christian is showing Sun and Frank the picture and I didn't see anyone behind him. Can someone provide some clues/hints as to where/when she is?
    Figaro Castle

So is Walt just going to be appearing randomly for the rest of this thing or is he going to go back to the island? And are we all assuming Charlotte is going to come magically back to life? And is that Charlie's guitar Hurley has been carrying around?

My God I love this show.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I just re-watched the scene where Christian is showing Sun and Frank the picture and I didn't see anyone behind him. Can someone provide some clues/hints as to where/when she is?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    long post
    again, nice theorising/research. a lot of that makes a lot of sense.
    Last edited by The Man; 03-24-2009 at 10:32 PM.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Thanks. I was re-watching the episode on abc.com and didn't see her so my guess is that it was a production goof and they removed her from the background before putting the episode online.
    Figaro Castle

Reaction to the last thirty seconds: -->

I knew he was going to do that, and I was pretty sure it would be at the end of the episode. Ben will survive though, obviously

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That was nuts. I wonder how Ben will come back.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Speculation is that the Others or Jack give him surgery, or else the island just heals him on its own as it did with Locke.

Also, how big are Ben's balls? Seriously. Knowing Sayid's true nature, and that he eventually ends up trying to kill him, and still manipulating him like that anyway.

I'd have shot him in the head. Don't zombie movies teach us anything

yeah i saw that coming the whole time. was hoping it wasnt gonna happen cos i felt pretty sorry for young ben and i got the feeling that sayid did too

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    yeah i saw that coming the whole time. was hoping it wasnt gonna happen cos i felt pretty sorry for young ben and i got the feeling that sayid did too
    Yes~ This episode made me remember why I liked both Ben and Sayid's characters so much.

Overall, I thought the episode was okay (the end was awesome). The whole scene with the "He's Our You" guy (who's name I forgot) was kind of pointless, imho. Lots of the episode seemed like filler.

Now we know who Ilana is, though. What about Caesar?