Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 102024252627282930

Thread: Lost Season 5 - Spoilers EVERYWHERE! :p

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    And Miles. smurfing loved it when he was like "Uh, guys, how do you know this bomb won't cause the incident? Did any of you even bother to think this through?"
    That was brilliant, his quiet sarcasm there was hilarious.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I doubt Sayid's dead just yet. I think it's the same situation with Jin at the end of last season.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

So where did Jack learn to shoot like a badass? It's not easy to run around firing a gun at shoulder height and hit people, all while trying to keep your balance.
    Figaro Castle

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Hahahahaahha I loved his shooting things face.

AMAZING

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    So where did Jack learn to shoot like a badass? It's not easy to run around firing a gun at shoulder height and hit people, all while trying to keep your balance.
    They have been getting shot at / shooting people for about 4 years, but yeah, it is impressive

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Jack was only on the island for a few months.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    In that case, why does everyone know how to knock people temporarily unconscious by hitting them on the head? We never see someone get hit on the head and NOT fall unconscious. Or see someone's skull get cracked and their brain mushed.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah and how does a sentient being made of smoke manifest itself as other people.

These are where the true mysteries lie.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know the saying, "you can't polish a turd"? NOT TRUE.

Lost is smurfing ridiculous. I mean god damn, this show is just out of control stupid. But dammit, they can take the most nonsensical plot and sell the hell out of it. It's like, week after week, they give you this exciting, dramatic, beautiful hour of television, but when you're done, you're not even really sure wtf happened. It's when I start thinking too much about theories and explanations and that I start getting enraged cause it's so obvious they're just pulling stuff outta their ass.

The whole "we're gonna change our own future, even though we established that you can't change the past!" was dumb as hell, but daaaamn. Sawyer and Juliet totally upped their game in the finale. Their performances were CRAZY good. Seriously. That's the kind of you stand up and applaud. They took a really unbelievable chemistry-less relationship and towards the end, managed to take it beyond believable to "omfg, don't separate them!" land. Mad props.

I don't even give a smurf what kind of explanation they try and concoct for Jacob and his black-shirt/Locke 2.0 buddy. Don't care. Don't wanna think about it. Whateverrrr.

Also, Miles is really amazing. Love that guy.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

hahahaahahahahahahahaha miri xDDD

I would love to believe that they've known exactly what they were doing from season 4. I still think it might be true!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Locke 2.0
    I like this.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mythbusters busted the myth that you can't polish a turd. They polished that crap up good!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Paro View Post
    I believe the events on the island symbolically represent a game of chess between two sides: dark and light, black and white, evil and good. The game is played between two stances, who use their pieces to prove their stance. One side believes in the cooperative nature of humanity, while another believes in the destructive nature of humanity.

After tonight's episode, these two sides have been clearly illustrated...

On the Light side belongs Jacob as the leader, who uses his pieces and arranges them to prove his point: Humanity has a chance to avoid destruction, since everything before destruction "is progress".

Jacob's pieces include: Richard, Ilana, Bram and the other "shadow of the statue crew", and probably the majority of the Losties.

The leader on the Dark side is the unnamed guy at the beginning of the finale episode, in the black shirt, speaking to Jacob, in the white shirt; I would also go as far as to say this man is the Smoke Monster. He is the guardian of the underworld (of sorts), and does not seem capable of directly interfering with human affairs; instead, he manifests himself through various dead characters, and uses influence to change the course of events.

Dead character's he has manifested himself as: Christian, Alex and Locke DEFINITELY. (Perhaps Yemi). He has also, most recently, influenced Ben.

I feel this is definitely evidenced. At the beginning of the episode, the man in black told Jacob he would find a loophole and kill Jacob, who then responded by pretty much saying, "You know where to find me."

... Centuries later, the man in black animates himself as John Locke, which instills a sense of faith in Ben once again. Ben seeks judgment from the Smoke Monster. Once in the Cavern, Ben falls through the floor, and Locke leaves to find help. Coincidentally, the Smoke Monster appears, and judges Ben. Once the Monster disappears, he animates himself as Alex, who tells him to follow everything John Locke (the man in black/the Smoke Monster/Reanimated Alex) says. This obviously sets Ben up once again, when he is faced with the the choice to listen to Locke, or leave. Having been threatened by the Smoke Monster, and being what felt like betrayed by Jacob, Ben stabs him.

Although Ben is being used, I still contend he will turn out to be on the right side at the end of it all.

All these characters are pawns, rooks and bishops in a large game of chess being played on (and off) the island; this "game" is indicative of the ultimate nature of humankind, and the Valenzetti Equation is suggestive that the dark side wins so far. Inevitably, the good side will overcome the odds, and change the numbers before the end of the series.
    I completely agree with this.

I thouroughly enjoyed this finale actually. Things ARE starting to come together in my opinion. And I really dont believe they've just been making it up as they go along. Maybe this isnt the best comparison, but Rowling showed with Harry Potter (yeah yeah) that you can have a whole story arc planned out over 7 books (which only seemed to tie up in the last 3 books) so why not for 6 seasons of a television show (where it also seems to have started coming together in the 3rd last season).

However, time travel has and will never work as a good plot device, and im glad its (apparently) over with.

I guess im in the minority for enjoying season 4 + 5 more than the other seasons?

Nemesis + Jacob = Cain and Abel????

Or Esau, whatever..

Also: the statue of Tawaret
    Last edited by Croyles; 05-25-2009 at 05:18 AM.

There were actually three Lockes in one particular timeline, that's all I can say for now.