Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 5 - Spoilers EVERYWHERE! :p

That's one of my favourite crackpot theories I've heard yet. That would really make a lot of sense. Though I wouldn't put it past the island to be able to bring people back to life. (The creators have said that pretty much anyone who dies on the island is going to stay dead - however, they took a particular amount of care to emphasise the "on the island" bit).
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok, I like the direction the series seems to be going after watching the premiere. I have no problem with time travel and all that jazz, but, am I the only one who thought the last scene with the old women didn't fit the feel of the show at all? I'm fine with her knowing more about what's going on than she's telling anyone, but the pendulum and the hood? Struck me as being something that'd fit a Harry Potter movie better than Lost. Seemed pretty cheesy and out of place to me.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't really know how much of this is spoilers but what the hey, I'll mark 'em up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks (SPOILER)Locke isn't really dead? If he is dead, he's going to resurrect as soon as they get back to the island. The fact that the producers won't directly address whether he's dead or not leads me to suspect that there's more to this particular issue than meets the eye.
    I think Ben's actions with regards to him have all but said that that is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    The time travel angle is ok but I wish it was something they had planned from the beginning rather than in the last two seasons. It would have been a total mindsmurf if weird crap from the first two seasons was explained by the Losties doing stuff when they travel in time this season.
    Absolutely, that would've been great.

Still, why doesn't (SPOILER)Ethan recognise Locke when he first joins up with the survivors after the plane crash? I mean sure, I guess there's no proof that he didn't, but you'd expect something I suppose.

Also (SPOILER)bahahahaha at Neil, total redshirt. He even had a red shirt I think.

I still want someone to explain the damn whispers.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Did Locke and Ethan ever have any scenes together?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

According to Lostpedia, "While posing as a survivor, he accompanied Locke on some of his hunts".

I think the creators regret killing Ethan, from the way they keep putting him in various scenes at every opportunity.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think it really matters whether Ethan recognized Locke or not. Even if he did, he couldn't, and wouldn't, have let on. There's also the possibility that the two of them meeting in the past was long enough before the crash that he didn't really remember what he looked like, though I think him not letting on is more likely.

According to Darlton, the whispers are a sign that a character is in danger.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

during the first flash forward jack was being harrased about being drink or something, and he said call my father down here blah blah blah (cant remember what was said), so christian isnt dead.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That was more for the audience to think that this was another flashback, than a flash forward. I think in the context of the show we were later supposed to realize it was a joke.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Regarding the whispers:

(SPOILER)It could be the Losties that are shifting through time witnessing events unfolding in their past, but can't do anything about it. But the characters in their past hear whispers.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Ok, I like the direction the series seems to be going after watching the premiere. I have no problem with time travel and all that jazz, but, am I the only one who thought the last scene with the old women didn't fit the feel of the show at all? I'm fine with her knowing more about what's going on than she's telling anyone, but the pendulum and the hood? Struck me as being something that'd fit a Harry Potter movie better than Lost. Seemed pretty cheesy and out of place to me.
    (SPOILER)The pendulum had a piece of chalk on the tip and was marking some spot on the floor to coordinate with a "time/energy event" or whatever was shown on the computer screen when she sat in front of it. And she works/lives in a church/abbey/monastery of some sort, hence the hood. My guess is she's researching a spot and time where the mainlanders can get back on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    during the first flash forward jack was being harrased about being drink or something, and he said call my father down here blah blah blah (cant remember what was said), so christian isnt dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    That was more for the audience to think that this was another flashback, than a flash forward. I think in the context of the show we were later supposed to realize it was a joke.
    And I took it to mean that Jack was loosing his grip on reality and his pills and booze were taking a toll on him. Hence why all of the people looked at him like he was nuts in the hospital when he was saying all of that stuff. And as Del said, to fool the audience into thinking it was a flashback.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    (SPOILER)The pendulum had a piece of chalk on the tip and was marking some spot on the floor to coordinate with a "time/energy event" or whatever was shown on the computer screen when she sat in front of it. And she works/lives in a church/abbey/monastery of some sort, hence the hood. My guess is she's researching a spot and time where the mainlanders can get back on the island.
    I'm not saying there aren't logical reasons for what she was doing and the other things going on in that scene. I'm just saying the feel of it wasn't right to me. I know that's a pretty subjective issue with it. It feeling wrong isn't necessarily a knock against the show. I was just wondering if anyone else thought it was weird.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Still, why doesn't (SPOILER)Ethan recognise Locke when he first joins up with the survivors after the plane crash? I mean sure, I guess there's no proof that he didn't, but you'd expect something I suppose.
    That was before the survivors crashed on the island, isn't it? Since Locke sees Yemi's plane crash just before Ethan sees him ... and that plane was there before the survivors' crashed, so it's only logical that Ethan doesn't knooooooow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilghamut View Post
    Regarding the whispers:

(SPOILER)It could be the Losties that are shifting through time witnessing events unfolding in their past, but can't do anything about it. But the characters in their past hear whispers.
    I hope this is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I'm not saying there aren't logical reasons for what she was doing and the other things going on in that scene. I'm just saying the feel of it wasn't right to me. I know that's a pretty subjective issue with it. It feeling wrong isn't necessarily a knock against the show. I was just wondering if anyone else thought it was weird.
    Yeah, that whole scene really threw me off. I knew it was going to be Mrs. Hawking under the hood (that was pretty obvious, imho), but something about the scene just didn't jive with the series . . . but whatever.

My favorite part of the premier was Sayid's total ownage of that guy with the dish washer. Awwwwwwesome.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits
    That was before the survivors crashed on the island, isn't it? Since Locke sees Yemi's plane crash just before Ethan sees him ... and that plane was there before the survivors' crashed, so it's only logical that Ethan doesn't knooooooow him.
    Nah, I know that. I meant why doesn't Ethan know him when he goes to live with them after the Oceanic 815 (or whatever the flight number is) plane crashes. Does Ethan know about the time travel of the island? It's possible, but Juliet was part of that group and she didn't have a clue. And it's not like you'd send out someone really important on a suicide mission like that, right?

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits
    Nah, I know that. I meant why doesn't Ethan know him when he goes to live with them after the Oceanic 815 (or whatever the flight number is) plane crashes. Does Ethan know about the time travel of the island? It's possible, but Juliet was part of that group and she didn't have a clue. And it's not like you'd send out someone really important on a suicide mission like that, right?
    Oh oh I get what you mean now. I don't think Ethan knows about the time travel (tbh, I think only Alpert really knows what's going on) ... although, he is a different case than Juliet since she was brought in from off the island.

Anyway, doesn't the Lost world have a way of "course-correcting" itself ... maybe that's one of those instances where Locke just wasn't meant to meet Ethan and so it was corrected.

Aside: Frogurt's death = wicked cool. I'm assuming that the people shooting the arrows were just the Others? It seems like the only logical explanation for them ... like they were in the past or something and the Others stumbled upon them. Why they were armed to the teeth with fire and arrows I don't know, but whatever.

edit: Does anyone else think that Sawyer and Juliet might hook up? I hope so. Kate and Jack should go be lame whiney faces together while Sawyer and Juliet wander off and do badass things like being awesome.