Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121626 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 5 - Spoilers EVERYWHERE! :p

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Charlotte seems pretty neutral really for me, Miles is meant to be a git so I quite like him, and I think Daniel is great, he's one of my favourite characters in the show now.

Nothing beats Sawyer when he's in full rant and nicknames mode though.

And Claire is dead, or the Island has her or something. A rocket launcher to the house you're in will usually do that to someone.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I dunno, I love Miles because he's a different type of character, a snarky rotten bastard. Most of all though, I love how he seems to be able to do fancy things, and understands how to do it (so it's not just another guy going around freaking out saying "omg i hav ability can't undrstand!!!"). Daniel just has an awesome name, but he's also got a nice quirk to him that is rather endearing.

Charlotte? Another hard-nosed cow? Urgh, enough of that, please.

Sawyer was never my preferred character, personally. Seems to over-the-top with the "insanely super mega macho man on the outside, sensitive guy deep-deep down who just needs the right girl to get that out of him..." thing. Such a typical American character designed to make the chicks flock to the show. Still, at least he's not miserable as often as Jack is, I suppose. I prefer all the other characters. Sawyer's too unrealistic and Jack's too mopey. The rest have more depth to them in my eyes. Jin is the best of the lot, though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Kate annoys me now as well. She's perpetually dealing with TRAGYK INNER TURMOIL and it's just like, shut up.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    And Claire is dead, or the Island has her or something. A rocket launcher to the house you're in will usually do that to someone.
    Sawyer saved her from the house, didn't he? Last I remember of Claire, she left Aaron and wandered off following Christian ... she was in Jacob's cabin after that. I don't think she's dead, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Jin was* the best of the lot, though.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    Sawyer saved her from the house, didn't he? Last I remember of Claire, she left Aaron and wandered off following Christian ... she was in Jacob's cabin after that. I don't think she's dead, though.

Sawyer pulled her out the wreckage of a house, one which it's unlikely someone could have survived being buried under it. And there was the fact that Miles just let her walk off without doing anything, he would have maybe known if she was dead.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Sawyer pulled her out the wreckage of a house, one which it's unlikely someone could have survived being buried under it. And there was the fact that Miles just let her walk off without doing anything, he would have maybe known if she was dead.
    Yeah, but she was evidently alive when she was pulled from the wreckage. She interacts with Sawyer and others before wandering off.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think Claire or Jin are dead.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Jin's alive. Not only did most people suspect that he jumped from the freighter when it exploded, but in the recap of Lost before the season premier last week, one of the producers said something to the effect of Sun's missing husband instead of Sun's dead husband.
    Figaro Castle

Charlotte? Another hard-nosed cow? Urgh, enough of that, please.
    thats what i thought at first, but i rewatched s4 and watched the first s.5 episodes and changed my mind.

1.first, she does tht cool flipy getting out of the tree into the water thing.
    2.then shes all bright eyed towards Locke and tht lot and they take her captive,
    3.she does come across as a bit bitchy but why should she care about a bunch of people who treat her badly and didn't she get shot by someone.
    4. I love Juliet and Kate but Charlotte kicked there asses!! she really knows how to kick some butt.
    5. She speaks Korean, which is helpful if Jin turns up.
    6. She looked genuinely concerned when Jin threatens to break Daniel's fingers, she is quick to defend him which is sweet.
    7. lots of mystery surrounds her, and she found that cool Dharma relic in the desert, again looking all bright eyed.
    8. at first i thought she was a bit of an unattractive gal, but she's pretty in a weird way.
    9. Her recent troubles have given her an air of vulnerability, i actually felt scared when Faraday see's that her nose was bleeding.
    10. the advert playing on Sky 1 in the uk at the mo, if u've seen it you'll know to what i'm refering (SPOILER)maybe i just feel bad for Faraday, cos he looks really upset, but i think i love Charlotte a bit, its weird it litterally just occurred to me today when i thought about the character
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Am I the only one who thinks Daniel Faraday is 100x hotter than any other male lead on this show?

Sawyer was never my preferred character, personally. Seems to over-the-top with the "insanely super mega macho man on the outside, sensitive guy deep-deep down who just needs the right girl to get that out of him..." thing. Such a typical American character designed to make the chicks flock to the show. Still, at least he's not miserable as often as Jack is, I suppose. I prefer all the other characters. Sawyer's too unrealistic and Jack's too mopey. The rest have more depth to them in my eyes. Jin is the best of the lot, though.
    Jack is the most fail-worthy character in the entire show, and always has been. Even in his flashbacks he is full of total fail. He's just like, "...insert emo whining here, I-am-leader, I LEAD YOU ALL, whine whine whine *cries*..." in every episode.

Sawyer, however, is awesome, and his storylines are so much more interesting than Jack's. Plus, he doesn't, y'know, have tear-filled eyes every six seconds, which is a plus.

What was UP with Sawyer's obsession with his shirt, anyway? He was just like "OH. YOU. Give me your shirt!" to EVERYONE. It was bizarre.

(SPOILER)Widmore is an Other ??

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

(SPOILER)Widmore is an Other ??
    (SPOILER)My guess is that Charles and Ben had some power struggle over who should be the next leader of the Others and when Ben killed off the Dharma Initiative, including his father, he proved he was the next leader, just like Locke was supposed to kill his father. Richard said that they have a very special selection process for their leaders, and either Charles didn't have his father available to kill or he couldn't go through with it, so Ben became the leader and Charles was kicked off of the island, vowing to find it and return one day.
    Figaro Castle

Well, this thread has inspired me to watch this show.

That and my intense boredom....

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Daniel Faraday is just annoying, he takes forever to speak. When he's not pausing for dramatic effect, he's speaking sloooowly. The show is only 40 minutes dammit!