Thread: What the Mosh?

Default What the Mosh?

Can someone plz tell me what the new kind of moshing is? I listen to alot of Metal and some screamo but at the shows i go to the younger kids do this weird punch air dance combo and its sad to see. Alot of the crowd was yelling Fall out boy will be here nmext time and things of that matter but i dont get it. The mosh pit would break out and they would run away till the pit got tired then they would come out of the bushes punching and kick dancing the air until another pit broke out. what the f heres a pic and the crowd says it all folks *hangs head*http://fark.pbworks.com/f/Mosh-Girl-Orginial.jpg

wow, that girl is truly disgusting

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

It looks like that beast is skanking. =O

"Skanking

The bizarre, wild dance done to the music known as Ska. Not to be confused with a, "skank" skanking resembles running in place while flailing your arms. While popular at Ska shows, it is more acceptable at other mixed venues to simply join the mosh. Unskilled skankers are sometimes mistaken for seizure victims. "

Ska-ing is a type of dance i totally get but this is a much more feirce version. Ska is a peicful music with a little bit of heavy undertones, but these people punch and kick like mad until the actual scary stuff happens ha.

But Rye might be right that could be the next level of that dance and that could be the name but its just kinda odd to me to see them dance around the outside doing it as the pit dies down

man i love the crowds faces in that pic though she is truly gross

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That air-punching bull is really weird.

I've been in a couple of mosh pits before. Lots of shoving, punching, and kicking. Some guy intentionally punched me, and I ended up punching him in the back of the head and then ducked. It was kind of funny to watch him take his anger from that out on other people. :3

Tis hardcore dancing. Originating in Hardcore Punk clubs & now is sadly branching out. It originates from the usual 2 step of ska and adds ANGRY KID to the mix. Roundhouse kicks, picking up the daisies & classics such as the SKINNY KID PUNCHING INVISIBLE GIANT. I like Hardcore, don't get me wrong, but the next time I'm at a club & see some skinny moron wearing a bandana over his face & fighting the invisible Jesus, I will kill.

Please see examples in the great banmd Sick Of It All

YouTube - Sick Of It All - Step Down

yes! you know exactly what i am talking about. its a sad sight indeed

I hate what qualifies as moshing any more. It's not dancing, it's not skanking, it's pure aggression.

YouTube - Lamb Of God Moshpit

That's a good example of what I think of as a "mosh pit"