Page 1 of 30 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 5 - Spoilers EVERYWHERE! :p

Default Lost Season 5 - Spoilers EVERYWHERE! :p

starts in four days. In preparation I re-watched the entire fourth season, since I'd forgotten certain aspects of the plot, and a few things stood out to me on a second watching that I didn't notice the first time around.

• (SPOILER)Ben appears in Tunisia after moving the island; one can tell because he's wearing the same jacket in both scenes. That's where Charlotte found remains of polar bears as well, which, as you may recall, wore collars bearing the insignia of the Hydra, the large station where Jack, Sawyer, and Kate were held prisoner. From what Many-Named Asian Guy's video about the Orchid said, I gather that it has some kind of property that propels organic material through time if the right electrical current is applied, but how the polar bears wound up buried in Tunisia is anybody's guess.
    • (SPOILER)In the flash-forwards, Kate is looking after Sawyer's daughter for him; that's what he requested for her to do before he jumped off the helicopter. I don't know why this wasn't obvious to me the first time I saw it.

Feel free to use this thread to speculate on any mysteries you think will be addressed in the upcoming season.

Spoilers will be inevitable, so I don't think anyone needs to continue marking spoilers as I've done, except for the most recent episodes as those take awhile to become viewable in PAL regions iirc. If you haven't caught up, don't read further

If you haven't seen the teaser for Season Five, by the way, it came out a few weeks ago. I think there was other promotional material out by now as well, but I haven't saved the bookmarks.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Let's get our Lost on!

Where did it show Kate taking care of Sawyer's daughter?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

It never explicitly says that she's taking care of Sawyer's daughter, but it's pretty easy to fill in the gaps. That would be the identity of the person she keeps talking to on the phone whom Jack doesn't know; when pressed she admits she's doing something for Sawyer. That's the most logical thing for her to be doing for him, unless someone else has a better explanation.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh, yes.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

i read a good theory as to why (SPOILER)polar bears ended up in tunisia and I'm 99% sure it is correct. it goes something like this:

(SPOILER)ok so ben turned the wheel, transported the island and was teleported to tunisia in doing so.

the cave place with the wheel is very cold and ben had trouble pushing it

whoever turns the wheel is transported and is unable to return as ben said

the polar bears are clearly property of the dharma initiative

put all those together and you can come to the conclusion that the dharma initiative brought polar bears to the island because theyre strong and can stand cold, so they could get the bears to push the wheel. that way the bear would be transported and they wouldnt have to sacrifice a member of their team from the island.

since there are bear remains in tunisia it makes sense that their plan worked and the island has been moved more than once

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Can't wait for this, starts on the 25th in the UK

Is Jin dead or not then? Though I can't see how he got off the boat in time, he wasn't shown really just before it blew up (unlike Michael), so there's some doubt there.

Look forward to seeing further battle-lines drawn between Ben and Charles Whidmore.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If a corpse isn't shown, they're most likely alive! It's always like that

I'm not as thrilled about this show as I used to be, but I still need to know what happens to everyone in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    i read a good theory as to why (SPOILER)polar bears ended up in tunisia and I'm 99% sure it is correct. it goes something like this:

(SPOILER)ok so ben turned the wheel, transported the island and was teleported to tunisia in doing so.

put all those together and you can come to the conclusion that the dharma initiative brought polar bears to the island because theyre strong and can stand cold, so they could get the bears to push the wheel. that way the bear would be transported and they wouldnt have to sacrifice a member of their team from the island.

since there are bear remains in tunisia it makes sense that their plan worked and the island has been moved more than once
    Oh wow, that makes a lot of sense.

And Levian: In this show you can't even accept them as dead if a corpse is shown, as demonstrated by (SPOILER)Nikki and Paolo. Then again, they were buried alive so they probably are dead now

CAnt wait till it starts in australia. That polar bear theory sounds about right.

The Man - haha I loved the way they bumped off Nikki and Paolo, clearly realising how pointless they were (well I hated them anyway!) and thus getting rid of them in the cruellest way possible. That's one of my favourite Lost episodes as well.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Wow, I thought this show was over..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    The Man - haha I loved the way they bumped off Nikki and Paolo, clearly realising how pointless they were (well I hated them anyway!) and thus getting rid of them in the cruellest way possible. That's one of my favourite Lost episodes as well.
    it was a shame really that it didnt work out. given that the show is about 40 odd crash survivors it makes sense that others it would make sense that other people would join in on all the adventures, instead of the same people over and over again.

the writers had a chance to add some awesome likeable characters to the show without having to give an explanation, its just a shame nikki and paolo sucked so much

Yeah, if they'd been given more likeable portrayals I think the idea would've worked fairly well. As it was there weren't any real redeeming qualities to their characters, so it was pretty difficult to care about them.

One Shannon and Boone was bad enough after all! We didn't need another...

I hope we get some good Sawyer one-liners/nicknames in this series

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

I like this explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    One Shannon and Boone was bad enough after all! We didn't need another...

I hope we get some good Sawyer one-liners/nicknames in this series
    I enjoyed Shannon and Boone ... the only thing I liked about Paolo and Nikki was how they died - that was pretty cool .

edit: New Alternate Reality Game starting for Season 5.
    Last edited by Moon Rabbits; 01-20-2009 at 05:21 PM.