starts in four days. In preparation I re-watched the entire fourth season, since I'd forgotten certain aspects of the plot, and a few things stood out to me on a second watching that I didn't notice the first time around.

• (SPOILER)Ben appears in Tunisia after moving the island; one can tell because he's wearing the same jacket in both scenes. That's where Charlotte found remains of polar bears as well, which, as you may recall, wore collars bearing the insignia of the Hydra, the large station where Jack, Sawyer, and Kate were held prisoner. From what Many-Named Asian Guy's video about the Orchid said, I gather that it has some kind of property that propels organic material through time if the right electrical current is applied, but how the polar bears wound up buried in Tunisia is anybody's guess.
  • (SPOILER)In the flash-forwards, Kate is looking after Sawyer's daughter for him; that's what he requested for her to do before he jumped off the helicopter. I don't know why this wasn't obvious to me the first time I saw it.

Feel free to use this thread to speculate on any mysteries you think will be addressed in the upcoming season.

Spoilers will be inevitable, so I don't think anyone needs to continue marking spoilers as I've done, except for the most recent episodes as those take awhile to become viewable in PAL regions iirc. If you haven't caught up, don't read further

If you haven't seen the teaser for Season Five, by the way, it came out a few weeks ago. I think there was other promotional material out by now as well, but I haven't saved the bookmarks.