Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy 500 Project

You may want to check here to see what characters are already taken and/or finished. Balthier is already taken, as is Bartz and Quina. In fact, both Bartz and Quina are already finished, although I'm not to happy with the Bartz one, so you can take a shot at him too if you like. The FF1 shopkeeper is not on the list, and is a bit too obscure and irrelevant for me to make room for him now. Marche and Black Waltz #3 are still available, though, so you can do them without any problems.

I, uh, typed a lot but my browser decided to delete it all.
    And so, I give you... highlights of my deleted response!

I didn't know there was a list, or I would have checked and will for further characters.

I might do all the Waltzes as they're all not taken, but only #3 for sure.

I'll do my version of Bartz, and you can decide. I saw the other, though. If I get in, it... might be best not to tell the guy.

Bit surprised Quina's taken, but I expected Balthier to be.

I'll get to work on Marche first, And I'll do that tomorrow.

And last, how do I send the pictures to you?

OK, I'll put you down for Black Waltz #3 and Marche for sure, and we'll see about the others as you get to them. You can email the images to me at espritduo@hotmail.com, or post them as an attachment here, or if you have a deviantart account or some other place to upload you can post them there, and just link me to the image. And just so you know, it's best if there is no background to the image - just the character on a plain white background. Thanks!

I expected the white background. I do traditional art, so I'll try and keep my paper neat and clean.

I have a DeviantArt, and thinking about it, I'd like to post them there, so I'll link them.

[edit] Looking over the list, I've decided to do Dalan and Puck also. I'm putting together my resources, and my lined paper sketch of Black Waltz no. 3 looks pretty good, so I could have that done very soon.
    Last edited by Joethulhu; 09-23-2009 at 01:41 AM.

Alrighty, I'll put you down for Dalan and Puck as well.

Update and questions:
    Black Waltz no. 3 is finished except for inking and color. Do I actually need to color it, or do you want to?
    Puck is half-finished, I'm having trouble with his pants.
    In between I've worked on Bartz a bit, I've got his head half done and his torso finished, and I think it's coming along well, though he is proving to be the most difficult.
    I haven't started Dalan, but I will one I finish Puck.

Hah, I'm no artist, so you'll have to be the one to color it. Hope that isn't too much of a problem.

Nah, that's fine. I should have Black Waltz & Puck done Wednesday-ish; I gave myself the weekend off. ^^
    「edit」Sorry for missing another one of my own due dates, I'm just not going to give them anymore. They would be done, but Puck... didn't turn out quite right, and I realized I didn't have much to color it with. I may color it digitally. For now, though, would you like to see the black and white drawing?
    Last edited by Joethulhu; 10-01-2009 at 04:51 AM.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Sorry for the delay, all i have been doing lately is play Dissidia..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Wow, I love the Brahne. Excellent work.

Yeah, that Brahne is hot stuff, hah. Sorry about the delayed response, but my computer died about a week ago, so I haven't had much online time. My new, vastly more powerful computer should be arriving this week sometime, so keep those images up till then. And don't worry, everything is safely backed up on my external harddrive, so this doesn't effect the project at all.

And Joethulhu, you can send me a sample of the black and white sketches if you like. I always like seeing any works in progress, and it's always nice to know a character is on the way and not lost in artistic limbo.

What are most of you using to create these drawings?

I'm a traditional pen on paper kind of guy but I've never done color (not for detailed stuff) except on a computer where I've scanned in something and done coloring in illustrator (a bit painstaking).

I'd be interested in doing a character or two.

I really like the Sabin from Kal... that guy needs to make some more. Looks kind of like a Street Fighter image actually.

Sorry that I've also taken so long to reply also, but I've been having scanner troubles. Once I get it working, I'll scan the picture. I'm really sorry about this all, I should have had it finished by now, but I can really ONLY color it digitally, and the scanner is just a hair short of flipping me off on the messages it's sending me. I'm sorry it's not done, I may just have to get someone else scan and color it for me if the scanner keeps acting up.

Finally, I have time to finish Zone.
    The next one I'll go for Hiryu...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah, good old perverted Zone, I love it. And Hiryu, eh? As soon as I get my new computer I'll add that to your list. I'm supposed to get it tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be back up and running this weekend.

And beema, if you're interested, check out the site to see what characters are still free and that you'd be interested in doing, and let me know. There's still plenty of characters open.

And take your time, Joethulhu. There's plenty of other people who have taken far longer than you, so don't feel like you've got to rush. The project will get done when it gets done. Hopefully before FFXXVI!

EDIT: Alrighty, my new computer's broken in, and I've updated the site with the new submissions.
    Last edited by espritduo; 10-31-2009 at 01:26 PM.