Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictionary Down the PM!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Relm Pictionary Down the PM!

Two games that you have most likely heard of/played at least once are Pictionary and telephone. For anybody that doesn't know these games, Pictionary is where you have a card that says something, you have to draw it and your partner has to guess what it is. Telephone is the game where you whisper a phrase in someones ear, then they repeat the phrase down the line and you see how much it changes. This is a game that takes these two games and blends them, and it is really fun.

Here is how it works. In this thread 10 people will sign up. This is the first time I've tried this online, and the more people playing the longer it takes, but the better it gets, so 10 is a good number. For the entire game, you will always be PMing the same person. Each player wikll recieve a letter, like I may be player A, while Lekana is player B and Rye is letter C. The letters are to keep people from getting the PMs mixed up. Before we start I will tell you your Letter and the person you will PM, as well as who is PMing you.

Here is how the game is played. We will start with Round 1, where everyone will make up a phrase. An example could be A Singing Pumpkin. So you will send a PM to your person with [Deck Letter]-1 in the title. At the same time, you will receive a PM with [Deck letter]-1 with a different phrase. This is round 2. On round 2 you have to draw whatever the phrase says to draw. Once you get that drawing, upload it to an image hosting site and send it to your person. In the title you will put [letter you received]-2. You will only send the picture, not the phrase. You will then recieve a picture from whoever is sending stuff to you. Write down what you think the picture is of and send it to your person. PM title is [letter on PM]-3. The process repeats until you get your letter back. (If there are 8 people, there will be 8 rounds.)

When you get your letter back, the creating part is over, and the revealing part begins. I will update the first post of this thread will who gets which letter, and you will send each person the Piece that goes to that letter that you made. So in the example I made earlier, I would keep the A piece because A is my letter. I would send Lekana the B piece and Rye the C piece. When you get all the pieces of your Deck, you make one post where you list them in order. We then laugh at how they changed and comment and such.

Rules. (There are only a couple, but they are important)

• If you sign up, you need to be committed to coming on every day until this is done. If anybody stops with their pieces, this entire game falls apart. If you don't come on for 3 days, then everybody gets backlogged with 3 days worth of stuff, and it's not fun to fix.
    • NO ADULT CONTENT. I understand that it is an art form, just the rules of EoFF apply. So keep the sex out please. Not only will I refuse to post it, but you will probably get banned for it. This includes the phrases. If your not sure if it's against the rules, ask me first, I'll say if I think it's inappropriate.
    • Don't name the image after what it is supposed to be. It is recommended that you name it after the code that you will be putting on the PM.
    • Finally, you have to label all the PM's, that way the final part is easy to do. In line with this, DO NOT DELETE THE PM'S OR REMOVE THE IMAGES FROM THE HOSTING SITE!

Failure to comply with these rules will result in your ejection from this game and banning from at least 1 future round. Possibly more depending on which rule you break and how often you do so. I'm pretty lenient on the first offense, but repeat offenders will be dealt with harshly, and I may bar them from other events I run.

Questions
    My sender didn't label the PM. What do I do? - Ask for the sender to resend it. Or you can ask me, I have an Excel sheet with every label for each round. Also Tell me so I can remind that person to add the labels in.

I can't draw, can I still play?
    - Yes. Drawing Talent is not needed at all.

Can we have partners? - Yes, but ask me first. If I have less then six slots filled I'll have to break up some partners, so if you want to make sure you keep your partner, get other people to sign up. Also tell me which partner will get the PM's

If there are any more questions, ask in the thread. If it is asked a lot I'll add them to this post

Sign ups are going to last about 3-4 days, or until I get 10 players, whichever come first. If Lets go! Closed. PMs going out shortly.
    Player List
    1) qwertyxsora
    2) Yaridovich
    3) Lekana
    4) Del Murder
    5) Scrumpleberry
    6) Psychotic
    7) Rye
    8) Levian
    9) edczxcvbnm
    10) Rantzien
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 01-21-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

This sounds interesting, but I'll pass. The Decathlon is enough for me. =p

Why isn't Yar player C?

Also, Yar play.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

SIGN ME UP

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I looooooooove this game. I'll tell you later if I will play.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Got Yars and Lekana. Depending on the success of this round, it may become a regular thing.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll throw down my paint skillz.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Yes pls!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Added Del and Berry

This really sounds like fun,qwertyxsora
    Unfortunately , I really ,and I mean *really* can't draw...plus I never played this game before since it's not common here in this parts of the world and ,also, English isn't my native language so I wouldn't want to cause any misunderstandings due to language barrier...
    Anyway, I hope you'll all have much fun playing it!

P.S. you could create a spin-off of this game where we can predict who will win in the end(with a chance of obtaining heavenly prizes,of course)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm down.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by trancekuja View Post
    This really sounds like fun,qwertyxsora
    Unfortunately , I really ,and I mean *really* can't draw...plus I never played this game before since it's not common here in this parts of the world and ,also, English isn't my native language so I wouldn't want to cause any misunderstandings due to language barrier...
    Anyway, I hope you'll all have much fun playing it!

P.S. you could create a spin-off of this game where we can predict who will win in the end(with a chance of obtaining heavenly prizes,of course)
    You can always see if someone wants to partner with you if you want to play. Drawing Skills are not needed at all, and sometimes bad drawers make the game better because of interpretation. About winning, the closest is just having the phrase that had the best pictures and changes, but there will be no prize for it, just bragging rights and a good time. xD Also got you Psy.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

More people should sign up =o

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight