Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hardest boss in the game

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

"Look out: Attack while his tail's up"
    "and he will counterattack with his laser"

I remember I told my brother that the first line meant he had to attack while the tail was up, and the second line was on a different topic.
    He had a lot of trouble with that boss....
    Serves him right for playing the game I saved up for months to buy.

Materia Keeper, but that's because Vincent went crazy as usualy with his Limit break and kept healing it with his fire abillities. I never actually died on it though, so I guess Carry Armour and Schizo were my biggest banes, but it usually had to do with me being a sucky healer, I beat them both right after on my second try with better materia strategies. But I still say Materia Keeper because it's probably been the longest fight for me so far. Oh and Jenova kicked my ass after Aerith's death, but it was easily fixed the second time when equipping that water absorbing ring/armour whatever haha.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The first time I played I had a really tough time with Diamond Weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative View Post
    Ruby Weapon..........almost impossible to beat without KoR
    4x-Cut, my entire supply of Hero Drinks, Final-Attack+Revive, Counter-Magic+Cure. That's all I use to defeat Ruby.

My first time playing through the game, I got stuck at the Materia Keeper for quite some time for some reason. Afterwards, it's always been Schizo I've found tough on each play, usually because I couldn't be bothered to tweak my elemental defenses. And especially on that one time I did an Initial Equipment/Initial Materia game. Ouchies!

funny, with Materia Keeper my problem is keeping him alive long enough to use his Enemy Skill on me, last time i faught it i had to stand there for like 20+ rounds just taking hits from him waiting on him to use his ES on me cause he wouldda died in 4 hits had i actualy attacked... i don't get how ppl seem to have problems with certain bosses (Materia Keeper, Demon Wall, ect...) that die easily from a few physical attacks, especialy if you go into the fight with Full Limit Bars... now Ruby and Emerald those were truly hard bosses no matter what the characters stats and lvls are, almost too hard, since going in swinging is not a viable option...

Not including the weapons, demon's gate is the hardest.

same as belugn....afer u use vincents limit brake ....BUT! ruby weapon is hardest of all the time LOL. the demons gate is hard if you do not use haste to all
    Last edited by ^OmegaShot^; 06-24-2009 at 04:41 PM.

emerald weapon is very easy if you use KOTR and counter+mime

Blog Entries

Demon Wall was annoying but the only problem with Materia Keeper was waiting for it to cast Trine
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Demon Wall was annoying but the only problem with Materia Keeper was waiting for it to cast Trine
    Godo's a pain for that too, being the only way to get it onto the fourth Enemy Skill because I care about that for some reason =/

Honestly, I was like 2-3 levels over what I should be (or so many guides have said) And I beat all of the bosses easily, except Emerald Weapon, Ruby Weapon, and the last 3 sephiroths (because I havent beaten the crater, I quit when I realized I had no HP absorb)

If I had to choose, I would probably say Lost Number, its overpowered, and if you don't know what you are doing it owns you.

Hi guys and girls.

Everytime i play the game I find most bossess too easy and I have actually modded my game to make the bosses harder now (pc version).

When I first played the game, the bosses that I think gave me trouble were.

materia keeper.
    midgar zolom (if count as boss).
    dyne
    lost number
    motor ball
    safer sephiroth

funny enough I think I never did the yuffie storyline when first playing the game.

My thoughts are this, compared to other ff games even the joker final fantasy mystic quest this game is easy. Demons gate has never been tough for me, and once you get past disc one with the exception of the 2 big optional weapons and safer seph the game gets alot easier. I would say the main reason I had trouble with those bosses on my first game play was a combination of surprise ie. I didnt know what attacks to expect so things like been turned into a confused frog against safer seph killed me and under levelling. I am gobsmacked someone said they only had 750hp at the point where they exiting temple of ancients. I usually have around 800hp in between leaving the chocobo ranch area and entering junon. Even if I did no levelling up I would be very hard pressed to only have 750hp at the temple of ancients, perhaps running away from battles did it?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Hojo is the only boss I truly had a trifle with.