Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hardest boss in the game

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess Demon Wall...my FFVII memory's pretty fuzzy though.

Unfortunately, the only challenge I ever did have was the Emerald weapon without Knights of the Round and doing so under the 20 minute time limit [I know we're not really supposed to mention that, but I have to be honest].

That aside, I'd have to say Hojo was the most difficult. He wasn't necessarily "hard", but the fight seemed to go on and on. It was definitely the most lengthy storyline fight in the game. As for difficulty, they all seemed to be on the same difficulty of "moderately challenging". I don't remember ever wiping to a boss in that game.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I’m not trying to be a dick when I tell you that I struggled the most with the guard scorpion.

Easily Cary Armor.

Materia Keeper is a bit of a pain, but meh, nothing to bad. Same with Demon Wall.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet View Post
    I’m not trying to be a dick when I tell you that I struggled the most with the guard scorpion.
    Attack while the tail is up!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

That two headed dragon you fight in the Northern Cavern. I always have a problem with him.

Blog Entries

Default quick review

Reno use to get me everytime. I use to not have a memory card and thought the game could be beat with a little burn time on my ps1 (like super mario bros 3) I would get to reno in one sitting and he'd cast these pyramids on me. I didn't know you could break them so I got game over everytime.

Finally with a memory card, I got to bottomwells which puts magical bubble around you. I found out how to kill those and fast. So no problem there. Next was lost number!! He would either beat me senceless or cast me dead. I found choco and Mog worked great on him so I took advantage. When I was done I healed up and hiked over to the materia keeper.

Sometimes I have a real problem killing this guy. If you've been running through the game chances are you'll start here to level up. After getting all my limits ready, Ifrit and fire materia off, and enemy skill on, I tackled the beast. Again though I found myself in a tight spot... remember this is my memories on the first time I played.

The demon wall guy came and smashed me with some strong spells. I had to level up in a little room and fight these guys who used ice 2 a lot. Well surely enough I beat him with all my limit breaks full before the fight. Now everything else was a breeze. Schizo is my previously chosen of hardest boss. I walked into the fight unprepared. I had fire all Ice all ifrit shiva and just got pwned. Now and days when I play I have a fire armlet and ice- elemental in my armor slots. but damn you schizo.

The last hard boss I fought was Carry armor. After learning lightning 3 ramuh trine limit breaks this guy still wouldn't stop piking me up and beating me against his head. I hate it, I hate it a lot.
    Last edited by Saber; 02-13-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

It took me two years to get past guard scorpion and a couple months to get past air buster.

I was only 8 at the time though, so I guess its excusable.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Its really hard for me to admit when I die in games like VI-VIII or X. I've always felt these games were pretty easy, so usually when you die its cause you made some fatal mistake that could have been easily prevented. So basically its all human error and has little to do with the boss being difficult.

I died 3 times my first time through VII. Once each disc. In the first, I lost to Missing Number cause I was completely unprepared and my usual habit of never using magic caused my downfall.

In the second disc, I lost to Carry Armor. He grabbed my two party members and killed my third character cause I generally refuse to use items after a certain point in the game and CA had a hold of my healer.

In the third disc, I lost to Sephiroth cause frankly I didn't really try and was basically just sitting back and seeing what he could do. When I realized how close I was to getting knocked off, I tried to save myself but got taken out cause I waited too long. My rematch with him was as one sided as a fist fight with a paraplegic baby.

I don't even remember the Demon Wall or Materia Keeper in this game...

When i was about 9 i used to have trouble with Rufus because i didn't know i could re-equip Cloud after the fight in the Elevator.

Then the next one i'd have trouble with is Gi Natak (before i realised you could use the x potion) Lost Number and Materia Keeper, then Godo and Demon Wall (I hated leveling up, i found it boring lol)

The rest of the bosses after that never gave me a huge ammount of difficulty

Demon Gate or Materia Keeper.

I beat ones like Gi Nattak, Rapps, Godo, Lots Number and Carry Armour on my first time.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post
    In each FF where they appear, I never have any trouble with Demon Walls. =/

Materia Keeper was a nightmare for me the first time I fought it. I was so happy when it died.
    Really? I'm supprised, untill I read about it on here I never knew people had trouble with the MK, in fact I was always worried about killing him before he used trine on me lol

Demon wall on the other had... ill always remember my first fight with him most of my characters had about 750 health, needless to say I got my ass handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    That two headed dragon you fight in the Northern Cavern. I always have a problem with him.

That was really my first tuff "BOSS" too.

"Demon Wall" a real setback to advancement...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
    Demon Wall's the only boss I ever seem to have trouble with.
    Same here.

a boss at end of first disc is sooo difficult to me!
    Last edited by フランズ; 02-11-2009 at 03:47 AM.