Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hardest boss in the game

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Negative View Post
    Ruby Weapon..........almost impossible to beat without KoR
    first post says hardest boss besides ruby and emerald.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

I've seen someone beat it just using Coin and with a level 7 Tifa only.

Blog Entries

Actually KoR make ruby even harder because 9 times our of 10 he imediatly retaliates with quicksand twice and that knocks your party down to one. I think the best sumon is bahamut zero because it by-passes rubys godly defense stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkswordofchaos View Post
    Actually KoR make ruby even harder because 9 times our of 10 he imediatly retaliates with quicksand twice and that knocks your party down to one. I think the best sumon is bahamut zero because it by-passes rubys godly defense stat.
    Well peronally when i bet him with KoR he just cointered with ultima all times. Then i could heal up easily.

Well this is just a personal experience

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkswordofchaos View Post
    Well peronally when i bet him with KoR he just cointered with ultima all times. Then i could heal up easily.

Well this is just a personal experience
    damn every time i've faught him he qaunterd with quicksand

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Carry Armour is just plain irritating first time around. As is Materia Keeper, though I got much more grief from FFIV's Demon Wall than FFVII's.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I found none of the bosses really difficult but Carry Armour can just be annoying, especially when it picks up 2 of your party members.

Thanks to Sir Edeon X for the amazing sig!

My first time through it was definitely Materia Keeper for disc one. I can't think of who it was on disc two. Definitely on disc three it was the Safer Sephiroth. I died repeatedly against him due to my inexperience. Mainly, I didn't have Omnislash or Knights of the Round and I didn't realize that Finishing Touch was less powerful than Meteorain. So yeah, I died three times against him.

Yeah the only 'boss' i lost to was Carry Armour

Demons Gate is good becaus it forces players to pull there socks up and level up to beat him. I fyou don't have enough levels all you gotta do is go to the little man. Getting to Demons Gate and not being able to kill him made me love the game so much i started getting excited about the story and it took me about a month to kill him, before that i was sort of going through the motions. It was another factor in why Final Fantasy is such a good game.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The boss that always gives me the most trouble is always Schizo (two headed dragon at start of disk two). My first time through I died a few times to him, and every subsequent playthrough I have to pay far more attention to him than any other boss. (seems that he just deals way more damage than other bosses, which requires a more conservative style of play than I usualy go with.)

Default RE: Hardest Bosses

One thing (guessing here) a lot of people are missing about Demon's Gate/Wall is this:

- If you get Yuffie through the sidequest, you're going to have the "Throw" command. Now, if you are like me and don't use all the characters, what do you do with the weapons you AREN'T using? That's right: Turn them into projectiles!

Might surprise you to know that the Powersoul you pick up at Mt. Nibel does 2300 throw damage to that Wall, only 500 less than the BAHAMUT SUMMON does!

So for me, it took 3 rounds and he was dead.

- First Round: Big Guard, Throw, Beta
    - Second Round: Bahamut, Beta, Throw
    - Final Round: Aqualung, Attack, Throw

Some other items you could throw:
    - Any of Cid's spears
    - Any of Red XIII pins
    - Any of Yuffie's lower level weapons

I noticed Schizo mentioned a few times, just beat him as well today.

- Big Guard=HUGE help in this fight
    - Aqualung: Hits for nearly 2000 a cast
    - Bahamut: Hits for 2000-2500 a summon
    - Beta: Slight less, around the 1500 mark
    - Comet: Another one in the low 1000's

Again, as in a lot of these battles, having a Limit Break ready (Cloud's Meteorain, Barret's Satellite Beam) is also a huge help.

Finally, a COOL trick I just learned today...If you combine a "Regen" with the "Big Guard" (which also casts Haste) you have a MEGA fast HP refill that only pauses when you are performing actions. And it's a LOT cheaper on HP then just using Cure 2 or 3!

There are some regular enemies in this game that will own you more then some of the bosses ever could (try stealing the Gold Armlet's on Mt. Nibel being underprepared, and get hit with a near 900 Flame Thrower and you'll see what I mean...LOL)

I don't even remember any of these bosses... I'm only assuming that I didn't really have any trouble with them since I can't remember them. The only reason why I can remember Hojo is because he seemed to take a long time to die, but he still wasn't very hard at all. I do remember that I never once used Yuffie though. I think I do recall almost dying to that dragon thing, now that I think about it. It had two heads didn't it? I know it's on some dungeon with those Tonberry monsters. I can't remember the name, though...

Let's see here...

In my opinion the hardest bosses are:

Demon Gate (Temple of the Ancient's, Exit)

Tough guy when you are not leveled or don't have the proper equipment. His "Hole In" or "Demon Crush" is not that bad and his defense and magic defense are great. I can only say "Hello Bahamut and LIMIT Breaks".

Materia Keeper (Mount Nibel)

Same here. He's quite hard and partly combo attacker. Also his "Trine" and "Big Horn" are strong enough to knock you out. And of course it's a bit tricky, cause of his elemental resistance when you got Vincent before and you use the first time "Galian Beast" against him or elemental materia itself>_>

Carry Armor (Underwater Mako Reactor)

Tough guy as long as he can use "Lapis Laser" and because of his arms. But not that difficult when you continuesly use bolt attacks.

Life Form Hojo N (Sister Ray)

Bad JENOVA mutation. You don't have ribbons, remedies, esuna, withstand, white wind, et cetera? Bad idea. But most of the time you do have some of these abilities and/or items.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet View Post
    I’m not trying to be a dick when I tell you that I struggled the most with the guard scorpion.
    well the prob with it is that its the first boss and usually gets fought when your new to the game and after a few play throughs you can have your limits up right as you go in