Thread: What is the farplane?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default What is the farplane?

When we first visit the farplane so Yuna may speak to her parents we see a cutscene showing us this image.

Is there any relevance to it? Is the Farplane ever really explained (X-2 maybe? I hate that game, but if it explains what is up with the Farplane I'd at least like that =P)

Blog Entries

It dosent ever really say that much about the farplain exept thats were dead people go. Maby its another diminsion with a worm hole conecting it in guadosalom

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The Farplane is where dead people go if they are:

A) sent by a Summoner
    B) willingly accept their deaths

The FMV of the Farplane is probably just to reinforce the feeling that just like Spira, there's something a little off about it. That being said, it's more or less an artwork of how pretty the Farplane is. It's a big place, and the color palette isn't exactly a collection of cool colors like the rest of Spira is. Most likely, it's a section of the Farplane that you don't ever get to interact with.

In FFX-2, you get to play around a little longer in the Farplane, but you never go through the whole thing.

It reminds me of the last place where LeBlanc and her goons are, selling stuff, of where the cutscene where Yuna meets Shuyin, and when she makes the decision to see or not to see Tidus again.

We know from FFX-2, that it has multiple entrances, no less that they are at resting places of the Fayth. It's not unfeasible that if you dug around Spira long enough, you might be able to get there, but you would have to have some form of magical assistance. In FFX, the Guado are (racially) the keepers of the Farplane; evidence of this is when Seymour asks Auron in Guadosalam "why are you still here?" Big giant red lights should be flashing, telling you "lol Auron's dead." That explains the entrance in Guadosalam.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

And if they don't get sent they turn into weird-a** monsters like tonberry, or a walking cactus with nazzi limbs. or Rikku's Brother

SIGSIG

It's basically Spira's version of Heaven, where spirits go to rest.

Blog Entries

It is X's depiction of the lifestream.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

nazzi limbs? looks more like the D.R.I (Dirty Rotten Imbicils) running man band logo... but i think turning into monsters isn't always true, as in the case of Auron, but if i remember (it's been forever) he had assistance from the Faith...

It's not where people go, but where the pyreflies go. When a person dies, she turns into pyreflies and if she's sent or willingly accepting death she goes to the Farplane. If they grieve their death and are not sent they will turn jealous of the living a become fiends. And then there are the unsent, like Auron, Belgemine, Mika etc. who has a strong attachment to Spira and thus stay "alive" until their goal is fulfilled. When Sin is defeated Auron wants Yuna to send him, so does Belgemine, when Yuna has optained the Magus Sisters and Mika just gives up. Seymour is also unsent, but technically a fiend.
    Also, it's the equivalent of the Lifestream in VII and there is a partially confirmed rumour that Spira and VII is connected. In X-2, Shinra talks about the possibility of utilizing the energy from the Farplane and Shin-Ra uses Mako energy, drained from the Lifestream. Maybe he and Rin found out a way to do that and some years later, people from Spira travelled space to find the planet of VII.
    Last edited by Lacarus; 05-04-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

I personally think the Farplane has a greater purpose than what we think... But not sure what the purpose of it was. Basically it is Spira's Heaven... And when you go to the Farplane, and you think of a person you miss who is dead, Their pyreflies form together to recreate them, but only for that moment of you thinking of them. It is a peaceful and calming land of the rested souls... If you think of a person there, and their pyreflies do not form, they have not been through a SENDING by a summoner, or they are not dead, either that or they are a fiend. But I think the Farplane is beautiful in FFX/X2 !

Quote Originally Posted by tidushuyincloud lover4evr View Post
    And when you go to the Farplane, and you think of a person you miss who is dead, Their pyreflies form together to recreate them, but only for that moment of you thinking of them
    The pyreflies reacts on the persons thoughts. You don't have "personal pyreflues.
    It is a peaceful and calming land of the rested souls... If you think of a person there, and their pyreflies do not form, they have not been through a SENDING by a summoner, or they are not dead, either that or they are a fiend.
    Or, as in Tidus' moms case, they willingly accept death and don't need the sending. When a person is sent, they cease to exist and only memories of the person remain. Pyreflies is not souls, it's more a lifeforce, a source of energy that keeps things alive. An energy that can be exploited as Shinra learns to do.
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yuna, Rikku, and Paine explore parts of the Farplane in Final Fantasy X-2. Have you played through that part of the game? It helps explain some of the strange mysteries of the Farplane in Final Fantasy X as you only have a few events concerning it.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It's a very pretty place.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    When we first visit the farplane so Yuna may speak to her parents we see a cutscene showing us this image.

Is there any relevance to it? Is the Farplane ever really explained (X-2 maybe? I hate that game, but if it explains what is up with the Farplane I'd at least like that =P)
    It looked like some golden vagina on first look. Games back in those days.