Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official FFVII Remake (That Is Not Likely To Happen Anytime Soon) Thread

Ah, good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Nah. I mean, it's not like girls are never beaten by all those enemies you face on a regular basis anyway. And we don't see any hand being shot off so there goes that.

How bout the insinuated rape it shows if you dont get picked the don?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Insinuated? Does that even count?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Unus Volatilis Angelus
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk
    Why should they remake it? There's no need whatsoever.
    uh, yes they do... they have to change it a bit now that Crisis Core has change the past. I find that a "need".
    Or..........they could have written Crisis Core in such a way that it didn't change the past. That would have made MUCH more sense right? If Square weren't so incompetent that's what they would have done. Also your "need" is much more of a "want".

Plus, they could enter the new/enhanced songs and better graphics...
    New songs? Meh. I love all the songs in the game. What ones would you change? All the character themes should stay the same or it'd be another reason to complain about it. I can't imagine walking up to the Shinra HQ without hearing the Shina Theme or seeing Aeris death without hearing her theme playing in time to Holy bouncing down the steps.

As for better graphics. Okay fair enough. In that case I demand a remake of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XII too. Yes the graphics are fine as they are, but why not make them better? In fact I demand that Square remake VII on the PS3 and then again on the PS4, PS5 and every console that comes out afterwards. Yep Square should forsake making new FF games that might capture the same magic as VII and instead continue to remake the original every time the graphics begin to look a bit dated. They should slave away pumping out VII remakes as punishment for making such a popular game on what is now an outdated console, just to please the whims of it's fans.

Also what happens if they DO remake VII on the PS3 with fantastic graphics? Then Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core, with it's silly Kingdom Hearts-lite graphics, will look outdated too. So should Square remake them too?

Complaining about VII's graphics is akin to watching Citizen Kane or Casablanca and moaning that it's in black and white.

It would be even better if we could play the game from the actual beginning... Zack... Genesis... Angeal... Sephiroth... then Cloud... Tifa... Barret... Arieth... etc... Or just have it nearly the same but do include the Crisis Core effects.
    No they should stick to VII's story and not let it be dragged down by the appalling spin-offs. They don't add anything of any value to the rich plot of VII. The plot of the game is self-contained and the open-ended finale of the game lets the player decide the fate of humans and Earth. Then the sequel film ruined all of that while the other spin-offs just confuse the perfect-to-begin-with plot with irrelevant characters and plot lines that were never MEANT to be in the first game to begin with.

Mark my words, they will end the compilation with a remake. If they don't, I will be absolutely ASTOUNDED.

They shouldn't change FF7's story AT ALL. I agree with The Turk on all points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

I`d like to see the remake to check out if it will have the same theories that took place in original ff7, e.g. the disappearance of Aeris, etc.

But I`m more interested in the FF8 remake.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They'll make the VII remake. They'll remake all the games so long as they will get a profit out of it, and so they should. If Square didn't milk games for all they were worth by profiting from fanboys/girls, then they wouldn't be able to get the revenue together to make even better games later on.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If they remake this they better add lots of extra stuff to it that wasn't in the original. FF7 with just better graphics doesn't appeal much to me at all.

A remake of FF VII should include the following:

1) Improved Graphics

2) Improved Script (Including making it more clear Sephiroth is in control. Though it can be proved from the game, it almost makes more sense if Jenova were to be in control. Not sure if that can be fixed with an improved script though. )

3) Reasons to use different characters other then their limit breaks. Cause lets face it, by mid game, its more about the materia combination then the actual characters.

4) GOOD VOICE ACTING! I don't care if you won't be able to name characters any more, cause good voice acting adds a lot to a game. IF they can't get good VA's, just stick with text and picking your own names.

5) Some mechanic change like they did with IV DS and Augments. Not the same of course, but something new to add to gameplay.

6) At least once, I want to see Barrets massive black penis.

Appart from 7,8,9,10,11,12 and 10-2 there has been remakes for the games before. Origins is a remake of ff1 nes ff2 nes. DS ff4 remake ff4 snes gba ff4 ff5 remakes. Square will do a remake for FF7 eventuly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_Golding View Post
    Appart from 7,8,9,10,11,12 and 10-2 there has been remakes for the games before. Origins is a remake of ff1 nes ff2 nes. DS ff4 remake ff4 snes gba ff4 ff5 remakes. Square will do a remake for FF7 eventuly.
    some of those remakes where just ports to ps

But it they Remake FF7 The only things they should change
    are the graphics and put in good voice overs using the same voice actors from FFVII:AC

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Why should they remake it? There's no need whatsoever.
    That, my friend, is a matter of opinion.

Personally, all I want out of it is updated graphics. The rest of it is completely fine with me, and I continue to play it to this day.
    "What I want, Cloud, is to sail the darkness of the cosmos, with this planet as my vessel, just as my mother did before me." - Sephiroth

But you really don't "need" a remake. You want one. I'd like a night with Tifa Lockheart, but it's not essential.

Anyway I am unsure about voice acting. If it's anything like FF X or XII's then I'll pass on it. I think the voices would be unbearable. Yuffie would sound like she was out of a dubbed kung fu film with a stupidly high pitched voice while Barret would sound like Mr. T no doubt.

If Square DO remake it then the ONLY thing I want is improved graphics. I even want the bad dialogue to be kept. If they changed "This guy are sick" I'll riot.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

remake 7 and lose the new crappy looking sephiroth, he looks way creepy, in the original he looked kind of attractive (saying this as straight as possable). but the new FFVII AC sephy looks older and well ... creepy. at first i felt like he was like 20 something but after i seen the new one i felkt like he was in his 40s, he simply looked better in the old days. and give caitsith his friggen robo mog back, hes useless with out it (DC).