Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official FFVII Remake (That Is Not Likely To Happen Anytime Soon) Thread

From what I've heard, that "Tech Demo" Was nothing but the ending of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

Nuff said.

Crisis Core wasn't even a thaught in Squares collective mind when they made that Tech Demo, so what you heard was wrong... it was made to showcase the graphic capability of the upcoming PS3, much like the FFVIII Tech Demo was made to showcase the graphic capability of the upcoming PS2, and the FFVI Tech Demo was to showcase the graphic capability of that horrible Nintendo Console what was it, oh yeah the N64...

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    Crisis Core wasn't even a thaught in Squares collective mind when they made that Tech Demo, so what you heard was wrong... it was made to showcase the graphic capability of the upcoming PS3, much like the FFVIII Tech Demo was made to showcase the graphic capability of the upcoming PS2, and the FFVI Tech Demo was to showcase the graphic capability of that horrible Nintendo Console what was it, oh yeah the N64...
    Hey now, the N64 may have been a failure on a lot of levels, but one thing no one can ever say is that it didn't have some damn fine games.

Finally, I'm not the only person on this forum who thinks of these things.

But yeah, please don't say such nasty things about the N64. GoldenEye, the only N64 game anyone cared about, deserves better.

true Golden Eye deserved to be on a better console than the N64... the N64 made me hate Nintendo for a while with it's backstepping by sticking with carts and that gawd awefull controller designe... fortunately Nintendo redeemed themselves with the GameCube, though it should not have gone with mini-discs...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

true Golden Eye deserved to be on a better console than the N64... the N64 made me hate Nintendo for a while with it's backstepping by sticking with carts and that gawd awefull controller designe... fortunately Nintendo redeemed themselves with the GameCube, though it should not have gone with mini-discs...
    So they redeemed themselves with a godawfully placed Z-button, awkward D-pad, annoying C-nub, and by making a bunch of games that were actually steps backward rather than improvements on their N64 predecessors?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Can the SOLDIER mobs(1st class, 2nd class, 3rd class) get buff in the remake? I really feel they should be stronger.

Christmas: there is no remake...

Vivi: the Z button was not oddly placed at all considering it was placed in the exact same place as the R1 button on the Sony Dual Shock Controller, the DPad wasn't awkwardly placed considering it was in the same place as the DPad on the Microsoft ControllerS, and the CStick was a vast improvement over the individual CButtons, honestly the entire N64 Controler was a total ClusterFrack and the worst controler design in history...
    the N64 had very few good games, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, & Zelda are about the only good games that came out on that system, wheras the GCN was flooded with great games like the best Zelda game up to that point Wind Waker, the awesome remake of Resident Evil and the new at the time RE0, then there was the Metroid Prime games that would not have looked near as beautiful on the N64... also it had the Prince of Persia games and the best version of Soul Calibur II (because of Link), and the under rated "Product No. 03", more games that would not have worked or looked as well on the N64, and to top it off they finaly left that antiquated Cart format behind for Disc based media... steps backward indeed, the GCN was a serious leap forward from the N64...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I realize this is getting a bit off topic and I was mostly just giving you a hard time, but I'm going to say my piece on your comments and leave it there.

Vivi: the Z button was not oddly placed at all considering it was placed in the exact same place as the R1 button on the Sony Dual Shock Controller,
    True sort of, but the shape of the controller and it's hand grips as well as the fact that the R button sticks out make it uncomfortable to press the Z-button. That isn't the case with the Dual Shocks R1 button. As a result, the Z-button was useless for anything other than calling up maps and menu screens. Trying to use it in the midst of gameplay was just plain painful which meant no one bothered with it. I hate controllers with buttons that are too awkward to be useful. It's just poor design.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly
    the DPad wasn't awkwardly placed considering it was in the same place as the DPad on the Microsoft ControllerS,
    Arguing that the D-Pad placement isn't awkward by comparing it to a D-Pad that is just as poorly placed and even worse than the GC D-pad is absurd. It is awkward because reaching down that far with the thumb is neither comfortable nor natural when you're trying to press something flat like the D-Pad. Analogs work in that position because they're raised up, but you can't hold the controller the way it was designed to be and comfortably use a D-pad in that position unless you have some strange hands.

and the CStick was a vast improvement over the individual CButtons, honestly the entire N64 Controler was a total ClusterFrack and the worst controler design in history...
    The C-Stick was an improvement over the C-buttons, but the C-buttons came at a time when controllers didn't have two analog sticks. In fact, the N64 controller was the first controller to even have one. Even still, the surface of the C-stick was too small and slipped out from under the thumb all of the time. It was a pain for any game that tried using it for more than camera control.

The biggest problem the N64 had was a lack of a second analog stick and a D-pad that couldn't be reached while using the analog stick. Just the same though, it was comfortable, had a good number of buttons, and the most responsive analog stick ever made. It had it's problems, but it was far from as god-awful as you make it out to be.

the N64 had very few good games, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, & Zelda are about the only good games that came out on that system, wheras the GCN was flooded with great games like the best Zelda game up to that point Wind Waker, the awesome remake of Resident Evil and the new at the time RE0, then there was the Metroid Prime games that would not have looked near as beautiful on the N64... also it had the Prince of Persia games and the best version of Soul Calibur II (because of Link), and the under rated "Product No. 03", more games that would not have worked or looked as well on the N64, and to top it off they finaly left that antiquated Cart format behind for Disc based media... steps backward indeed, the GCN was a serious leap forward from the N64...
    Every first party Nintendo series that appeared on the N64 took multiple steps back on the GC.

Mario Sunshine featured fewer levels and a lot less variety in the ones it had than Mario 64. Wind Waker had so few dungeons that it was literally half the game OoT was, and wasn't half as innovative as MM. Not to mention how utterly horrible sailing was. I love it to death, but I can't forgive it's faults or ever make the claim that it was an actual improvement in any respect except graphically. Then they tried to fix it with Twilight Princess, but they basically made OoT with a stupid wolf form and pointless fetch quests that you absolutely had to complete to proceed.

I'll grant that the RE remake was cool and an improvement over the original without a doubt, but the stupid two character gameplay mechanic in 0 was annoying and got old fast.

Metroid Prime was decent as well until it degenerated into a mind numbing fetch quest in the end, and I'll grant that it couldn't have been done the way it was on the N64, but saying a newer system is a step forward for power alone is a silly argument when so many series that made Nintendo famous suffered for it. In fact, I would be willing to guess that half of the reason that Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker had so few levels is because of how handicapped their tiny storage medium was. Sure they ditched Cartridges, and I won't try to say a cartridge could have had as much storage space, but they didn't have nearly as much as they needed either.

I'm not going to even get into the Prince of Persia games or Soul Calibur because the former weren't even exclusive and arguing that the latter was the best version is all subjective. I prefer using a D-pad in Soul Calibur which automatically put the GC version out of contention for me since it's was so horridly placed compared to the comfortable PS2 D-pad.

And finally, I'll just say that if you think the only good games for the N64 were Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Zelda then you never even gave it half the chance it deserved. It didn't have a lot of great titles because third party support was as terrible on the N64 as it was the GC, but the ones that were there were utterly brilliant.

HIya guys I bring news:
    Tetsuya Nomura To Announce Widely Requested Game Next Year on VGChartz.com

A requested game by fans AND press?... I think we're getting a remake.
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.
    These are their stories."

It could be anything... Square have quite a few old series that would be awesome to revive. Though I'd really love for it to be an FFVII remake.

Just remember, Square love to hand out complete mind smurfs.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

by the time they do remake, me and my team will have already done it for them

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

but you're not remaking the game, you're just re-translating it

Not entirely... those at qhimms are even making new backgrounds, updated music so you can use MP3, updated the movies for larger screens, updated the spell graphics and so forth.

I am doing retranslation. H.264 encoded movies and replacing Cait but a lot of things are possible as this shows:

YouTube - Final Fantasy VII - Example of Story Based Walk Through

In a lot of ways the work that is being done is a major improvement over PSX

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Replacing Cait Sith just because you don't like him sort of ruins it, doesn't it?

And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like the game