Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official FFVII Remake (That Is Not Likely To Happen Anytime Soon) Thread

Cool I'd rather wait for a remake even if it never comes.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Replacing Cait Sith just because you don't like him sort of ruins it, doesn't it?

And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like the game
    Not really because it is a separate project and thus you have a choice. We are also retranslating Cait, who should actually talk with a scottish (possible Irish, haven't verfied) accent. This is represented differently in the Japanese version as a different dialect to Reeve.

In other words these are 2 mods.

I am thinking... It could very well be FFV and FFVI remake for DS. That'd make a lot more sense, right? FFVI has a huge fan base too, and it seemed like they were climbing their way up with the old school games on DS.

It could be KH3 too, however... That is huge, not HUGE like Nomura is making this out to be. So yeah, more confusion.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I am thinking... It could very well be FFV and FFVI remake for DS.
    Would that need voice acting? Also, are those requested by press and fans?
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.
    These are their stories."

Here's another article regarding the FFVII Remake speculation:

Tetsuya Nomura Hints at Final Fantasy VII Remake

Of course, last year, when they hinted at a 'long awaited announcement', it turned out to be the XBox 360 expansion and FFXIV. But as much as people don't believe FFVII will get remade, here's one reason why they would: The 3D models of the original. Remember, they originally planned to release FFVII for the SNES, but when the PSX came out they essentially went scrambling to get it on to the new console. Thus, the 3D models suffered horribly to make the release date. It's most notable in the jump in model quality from FFVII to FFVIII where it's like a downscaled PS2 game. It's a matter of just being dissatisfied with the final product of the original.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

OMG! THE RELEASED THE OFFICIAL INTRO!

YouTube - Final Fantasy VII remake intro!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Welcome to 2008, Pauper. I'm guessing you already knew that what you linked to is nothing to do with a remake.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Default If Square does remake FFVII

there will be an official announcement on their website as well as a new conference that will be picked up by sites that publicize gaming news.

there will?... do you know when or did I miss something?
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.
    These are their stories."

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Welcome to 2008, Pauper. I'm guessing you already knew that what you linked to is nothing to do with a remake.
    I <3 you BoB.

If they remake this game, it needs a definite retranslation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    If they remake this game, it needs a definite retranslation.
    Not only that; they'd need to fit in all th extra crap they added to Crisis Core and Advent Children. Which is absolutely fine (nevermind the angst people that will bitch and moan about how this isn't exactly like the original game), because it is absolutely needed and in my opinion those extra things really add to the world and characters of Final Fantasy VII.

For all the whiney brats that complain that they'll turn Cloud emo because of Advent Children; just think about that for a second. He wasn't emo in Crisis Core, in fact he was the complete opposite; you'd most likely see a transition of Cloud's attitude between the games in stages. There is no reason why Nomura would make Cloud emo in Final Fantasy VII.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Wasn't Cloud already emo in FFVII?

If they do remake they should not fit ANY of that stuff in as it is all retconned nonsense.

Also, any hopes that people might have for a totally accurate translation...I can tell you that won't happen.

Ultimania the official source has a number of mistakes that it has simply left unaltered.

Barret and not Barrett
    Mideel and not Midir (or midhir)

and there are numerous examples. A lot of the mistakes will simply be left completely unaltered. And then we have the items like Phoenix Tail, Last Elixir...and so forth that never change because the mistake has been made the rule for english games.

BUt the dialogue should definately be much improved with a remake, that is for sure.

well i now have a PS3...so hurry the F**k up SE and release it already!!!!!
    im not waiting for it to be in the starting lineup for PS4

ohh yeah... i read this on a comment on youtube:
    "Great news people! Tetsuya Nomura gives a strong hint at FF7 being remade. In an interview with Gamega that they will announce other games they are working on this year including one that is "terribly awaited" from everyone and often "requested" by fans. The only game that fits the bill is FF7. Most likely, this game will be released next year in 2011 since they are currently working on Versus 13 and Agito 13. Like I said, great news guys. The wait is almost over."

did anyone hear of this?
    Last edited by nirojan; 01-07-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by seiferalmasy2 View Post
    A lot of the mistakes will simply be left completely unaltered. And then we have the items like Phoenix Tail, Last Elixir...and so forth that never change because the mistake has been made the rule for english games.
    Ironically, this is how much of the English language was established anyway. Even more so for American English.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!