Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official FFVII Remake (That Is Not Likely To Happen Anytime Soon) Thread

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    well i now have a PS3...so hurry the F**k up SE and release it already!!!!!
    im not waiting for it to be in the starting lineup for PS4

ohh yeah... i read this on a comment on youtube:
    "Great news people! Tetsuya Nomura gives a strong hint at FF7 being remade. In an interview with Gamega that they will announce other games they are working on this year including one that is "terribly awaited" from everyone and often "requested" by fans. The only game that fits the bill is FF7. Most likely, this game will be released next year in 2011 since they are currently working on Versus 13 and Agito 13. Like I said, great news guys. The wait is almost over."

did anyone hear of this?
    It very well could be FFVI. KH3. or some other game that is "terribly awaited."

I wouldn't get so hyped up.

Also, keep in mind that the team that works on each game is different...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

YouTube is the last place to look for any kind of genuine information for future releases. YouTube comments are nothing short of a disaster zone.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    YouTube is the last place to look for any kind of genuine information for future releases. YouTube comments are nothing short of a disaster zone.

I agree 110%. The reason this hasn't been made yet is because they are busy with the FFXIII set and FFIVX. I forget where the interview is or who did it but somebody interviewed Tetsuya Nomura and he said it's not a matter of if but of when. He also stated that he wanted to wait until the whole original team was available before they remade FFVII and right now everyone is out doing other things.

So it's coming everybody, just be patient and enjoy everything S-E has to offer up until then. What we need to be lobbying, and petitioning for is a Xenogears remake with better graphics

-Without chaos there is no order, without order there is no chaos.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I remember hearing something about them waiting for the original team to be available for it too. I can't remember where either but I know it wasn't a very reliable source. Who knows. I hope it does get remade but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

This topic, FF Remake?, speculates about an announcement of a much anticipated game. Could it be the fabled Final Fantasy VII remake?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I don't get why people claim sapphire weapon didn't die so if the game's remade they want a fight with him to kill him after the Junon attack. Seriously, did you not see the cannon shoot him in the face? After he's shot his head is GONE! That's a good sign that he's dead guys...

Personally I could care less if they remake this game since theres many other FF's I like more, but if they were to a graphics upgrade would be nice. It would also be nice for them to make it even more apparent for the Aeris fanboy/girls to understand that Tifa's Cloud's girl. :P

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

This post by Rase links to a translation blog for a recent issue of Famitsu featuring Final Fantasy VII and Cloud. The eight page article gives some history and insight into the characters of Final Fantasy VII with commentary from Tetsuya Nomura who takes the opportunity to announce that there are no plans for a remake of Final Fantasy VII at the current time.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

yeah there was an article on IGN that describes his interview...apparently the team is willing to do it, its just a matter of when square green lights them to.

i think SE knows its a cash-cow, so when the company goes broke they'll release it and get back on their feet!

I only wish all the better games could get even half this notoriety

this fan fic picture looks amazing:
    (SPOILER)

wish it came out already

Personally, I do not think that they should remake 7. The graphics and now-older gameplay are what make it not only nostalgic, but amazing.

I went from hoping there would be to hoping there isn't. They will butcher the plot, change things that do not need changing, they will probably pander to graffix junkies like all the recent titles have, and imho destroy what is a perfect game (minus a few issues like the translation, that I am fixing anyway)

If they improved upon the set formula, sure. But that isn't what they will do. I don't want a remake to play it and think "they have ruined it all"

The way things are going at present, I wouldn't let Kitase and Nomura and SE run a bath. Genesis? Hojo brain in a computer? Get real.

Just thought I would see what you all think of this. From the first link Im astonished how Square were "shocked" over its responses.

And the I really find the second article hard to believe about the game taking that long. I mean they already have a story. They could model the characters from FFVII AC and how hard could it be to re design the towns?

Chaos as Square Enix Considers Final Fantasy VII Remake - News (PlayStation)

Final Fantasy VII: PS3 remake is ‘unrealistic’, 10-14 years to make – Kitase : Product Reviews Net

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Five years later: "Hey guys, we might do it. Just maaaaaaybe!"
    Five more years later: "We've almost considered doing it!"
    Five more years later: "Nah, we don't feel like it."